Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: anyone buy the new madden yet?

1. -51
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Just got it - fooling around with playbooks before I play online. I'm on the fence. What defensive playbooks are you guys using? All the Jets RB's are almost impossible to tack on All Madden setting. Still beat 'em, but it was pretty annoying. The passing game is more realistic. Still getting used to the changed in the running game. I hate the changes they've made to the audible system. But, B. Marshall is a beast.

I used Baltimore's D playbook lastyear and tell you what its even better this year..Alot of exotic blitzes..Really fun to play with ..Some different formations but some balanced ones too...

On O last year I used the Eageles Playbook and its a shell of what it was last year...I think it lost 2 to 3 whole formations, I love Split back sets since the phins have 2 great running backs and it does not have it anymore..The Dolphins playbook is pretty small as well..I read that they were going to dumb down the playbooks because of the lack of plays that ppl call...That is so stupid IMO...I for one used my whole playbook and when you play another good player you really need those extra looks.

I have never been a fan of the wildcat in Madden ..I wish they would have just put the direct snap runs in with no motion man..
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I used the PHI offense, too. They still have most of my favorite passing plays, but my favorite running formation is gone. I've been hesitant to play online, because I CAN'T ****ING TACKLE against the game at all. I mean, in Madden 10, I'd hold the game to under 20 yards rushing. Last night, I gave up like 300 to the Jets. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the run online, and do people actually tackle?
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Yeah, I used the PHI offense, too. They still have most of my favorite passing plays, but my favorite running formation is gone. I've been hesitant to play online, because I CAN'T ****ING TACKLE against the game at all. I mean, in Madden 10, I'd hold the game to under 20 yards rushing. Last night, I gave up like 300 to the Jets. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the run online, and do people actually tackle?
    One of my friends was complaining about this too...They break alot more tackles than they did in the past your def right about that..

In the past it seemed like when you used the hit stick ppl would break tons of tackles now it seems like you have to use it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know how I know that I have the best wife in the world... She bought me a 46" HDTV and Madden 11.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriPhin View Post
    You know how I know that I have the best wife in the world... She bought me a 46" HDTV and Madden 11.
    You my friend do have a great wife!

I have it for the PS3 and it took me a little while to get used to the new audibles and control functions but after a few games I was ok. Currently am 4-2 online and the only kind of running that seems to be hard to stop at the moments are the toss sweeps with a quick running back. Other then that I seem to stop the run pretty good using the Fins exclusively. I just bring pressure and adjust to what the player is looking to do.

The passing game is VERY easy, easier then in other years. And I don't know about anyone else but Pat White is SICK!! I bring him in certain packages and love seeing defenses trying to stop me.

I have not had any issues with lag but then again I am picky with who I play against. I try to see their connection status beforehand to see if it's high, also I don't play someone with a high DISC% just not worth playing someone who will go for it on every 4th down and then turn their system off when they are getting blown away.

Hit me up if you want to get a game one day - blitzdolphin (gamertag on PS3)
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't plan on buying this years copy. I'll wait until they decide to update franchise mode.

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Watership Down View Post
    Don't plan on buying this years copy. I'll wait until they decide to update franchise mode.
    its not all that bad but ncaa puts madden to shame this year
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096 View Post
    You my friend do have a great wife!

I have it for the PS3 and it took me a little while to get used to the new audibles and control functions but after a few games I was ok. Currently am 4-2 online and the only kind of running that seems to be hard to stop at the moments are the toss sweeps with a quick running back. Other then that I seem to stop the run pretty good using the Fins exclusively. I just bring pressure and adjust to what the player is looking to do.

The passing game is VERY easy, easier then in other years. And I don't know about anyone else but Pat White is SICK!! I bring him in certain packages and love seeing defenses trying to stop me.

I have not had any issues with lag but then again I am picky with who I play against. I try to see their connection status beforehand to see if it's high, also I don't play someone with a high DISC% just not worth playing someone who will go for it on every 4th down and then turn their system off when they are getting blown away.

Hit me up if you want to get a game one day - blitzdolphin (gamertag on PS3)
    Yeah man, we should play one day. I'm Miami_Dolphins34. I'm gonna go add you right now.
    Quote Quote