Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Bush V. Obama

  1. -1
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Bush V. Obama

    So President Obama describes his predecessorís policies as ďdisastrous.Ē Just for the fun of it, letís do compare the two records, shall we?
    Great piece, I don't want to spoil it, well worth reading.

    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/pr...n-a-rout-15497
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not gonna pretend that Obama has been great because I voted for him..And I am not going to pretend that Bush was really bad beacause I voted against him...

    But Bush and the republican party came into the presidency with a surplus..Ok?

    That means they had extra money..After it was all said and done he left the country with the biggest deficit it has ever seen...

    He cut taxes and spent money at the same time...Now is that good money management?

    I dont think so..

    Obama has done nothing that he said he was going to do..The creidt card bill that he passed was a joke..The Health care bill that he passed was a joke...

    I wish we could get rid of parties all together I think they have ruined the polical system and make it impossible for other parties to do anything.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Dphins4me's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    3,919
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post

    That means they had extra money..After it was all said and done he left the country with the biggest deficit it has ever seen....
    For clarity. Until Obama came along.

    BTW, Bush might have had a yearly surplus, but as a whole America still ran a deficit.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    For clarity. Until Obama came along.

    BTW, Bush might have had a yearly surplus, but as a whole America still ran a deficit.
    Tru...Not sure how Obama and Co. thought borrowing more money could have made it better..another stupid move..the bail out was pretty much a joke on all acounts too..

    Bush was not a good president, and his policies were even worse...I have heard so called facts from the left and from the right..

    They both counterdict each other...You can believe what you want I will believe what I want
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All politicans tell us what we wanna hear..From Sarah Palin to Hilary Clinton...

    Its a job that give you power and money..Who would not want this job?

    When these ppl campain its a giant job interview.. They are saying all the things they accomplished and what they are gonna do...

    Political parties are just ppl who share luncheons and go golfing together...

    They scheme together to try and make things more lucretive for themselves..

    The thing I think is really comical is that they agree when its time to give themselves raises....

    Not sure if you folks are familar with Politics in New York...Upstate is pretty conservative Repluican crowd, NYC is Liberial Democrats...

    Anyhow they could not get a budget passed...So the Gov, envoked a law that made that the ppl deciding on this budget were not getting paid..

    Man you never heard so many ppl crying the blues...these man and women make 100 k a year, maybe more not to mention the fridge benefits...

    They quickly passed a budget..Laughable..

    The problem is we all aspire to be like them.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    shula_guy's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    8,781
    vCash:
    1254
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice read.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,346
    vCash:
    1403
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    Great piece, I don't want to spoil it, well worth reading.

    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/pr...n-a-rout-15497
    Hmm, the author didn't brother to note that the policies were dangerous and that no regulations on top of the cuts led to 2008.. ppl see what they want to see and not the behind the scenes truth..his policies while looking good stat wise, were the cause of the melt down and deficits..he tried to fight wars and pay for them without, well, paying for them, you can't do the cut the funds and increase the cost to fight wars..it doesn't work, and then add to that, not enforcement policies to check industries led to melt down...there has to be regulation. I laugh at this article talking about 8 million jobs created when Clinton was at 22 million..big differences, and Obama starting out 14% in the hole..now down to 9.5%....Let's see budget surplus, to record deflicits, melt down, to someone who inherits the melt down and total budget deficits, and we're holding steady at only 9.%% after a year and a half in office..how irony a story, comparing 8 years to 1 1/2...whew! Too much to handle in one breath..LOL
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    Hmm, the author didn't brother to note that the policies were dangerous and that no regulations on top of the cuts led to 2008.. ppl see what they want to see and not the behind the scenes truth..his policies while looking good stat wise, were the cause of the melt down and deficits..he tried to fight wars and pay for them without, well, paying for them, you can't do the cut the funds and increase the cost to fight wars..it doesn't work, and then add to that, not enforcement policies to check industries led to melt down...there has to be regulation. I laugh at this article talking about 8 million jobs created when Clinton was at 22 million..big differences, and Obama starting out 14% in the hole..now down to 9.5%....Let's see budget surplus, to record deflicits, melt down, to someone who inherits the melt down and total budget deficits, and we're holding steady at only 9.%% after a year and a half in office..how irony a story, comparing 8 years to 1 1/2...whew! Too much to handle in one breath..LOL
    Talk about seeing what you want to see. Your entire post is based on democratic talking points and pure lies.

    1) No regulations? This is a democrat favorite and just a big lie. This is another way of saying we need to grow the government bigger. Does Wall Dtreet have regulations? Tons. Do Fannie and Freddie have regulations. As I have pointed out before, there is a governmnet agency whose entire job is to monitor them. Shockingly enough they are government employees. So is your argument then we need another agency to watch the watchers? Crazy thought, let's actually hold government employees for the quality of the job they do not the years of service they put in.

    2) So Bush created 8 million jobs, and that is bad how? He also inherited a recession, an internet bubble that had burst, and then 9/11. How many has Obama lost? Obama would have to create what 12 million jobs now just to equal what Bush did, do you see that happening?

    3) 14% in the hole? I don't even know what Dem website you got this lie from. Obviously unemployment was not that high because Obama PROMISED that if Congress passed his stimulus, unemployment would not go over 8%. So obviously we were not even over 8 when he was sworn in. Care to provide some facts to the 14.5% number you pulled out of your ***.

    4) We are holding steady? Really? Does your computer automatically filter out economic facts? We are at 9.5% unemployment, not 9%. The summer of recovery has been more like the summer of horror. The market is down again ytd, spending is increasing, the dems decided for the firrst time in history to not even present a budget, and Obama just had to pass another 26 billion slush fund to bribe teachers. So how much stimulus has been spent now, closing in on 900 Billion and still losing jobs. Oh, and we are now 4 1/2 months away from an extremely large tax increase. Holding steady, what a joke.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    Talk about seeing what you want to see. Your entire post is based on democratic talking points and pure lies.

    1) No regulations? This is a democrat favorite and just a big lie. This is another way of saying we need to grow the government bigger. Does Wall Dtreet have regulations? Tons. Do Fannie and Freddie have regulations. As I have pointed out before, there is a governmnet agency whose entire job is to monitor them. Shockingly enough they are government employees. So is your argument then we need another agency to watch the watchers? Crazy thought, let's actually hold government employees for the quality of the job they do not the years of service they put in.

    2) So Bush created 8 million jobs, and that is bad how? He also inherited a recession, an internet bubble that had burst, and then 9/11. How many has Obama lost? Obama would have to create what 12 million jobs now just to equal what Bush did, do you see that happening?

    3) 14% in the hole? I don't even know what Dem website you got this lie from. Obviously unemployment was not that high because Obama PROMISED that if Congress passed his stimulus, unemployment would not go over 8%. So obviously we were not even over 8 when he was sworn in. Care to provide some facts to the 14.5% number you pulled out of your ***.

    4) We are holding steady? Really? Does your computer automatically filter out economic facts? We are at 9.5% unemployment, not 9%. The summer of recovery has been more like the summer of horror. The market is down again ytd, spending is increasing, the dems decided for the firrst time in history to not even present a budget, and Obama just had to pass another 26 billion slush fund to bribe teachers. So how much stimulus has been spent now, closing in on 900 Billion and still losing jobs. Oh, and we are now 4 1/2 months away from an extremely large tax increase. Holding steady, what a joke.
    I am not saying the info that Md has is true..

    But is it possible that the info you have is false as well?

    The first thing I thought of when I read this article and the other on you posted was Michael Moore movies..

    Tho they are very entertaining they are also very bias...

    Is it always the left that tells lies and makes stuff up?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    I am not saying the info that Md has is true..

    But is it possible that the info you have is false as well?

    The first thing I thought of when I read this article and the other on you posted was Michael Moore movies..

    Tho they are very entertaining they are also very bias...

    Is it always the left that tells lies and makes stuff up?
    But Md's stuff are not facts, they are opinions. We need more regulation - opinion. Obama started at 14% - lie. Where does 14% number come from? Unemployment has not been that high in my lifetime (I believe) It obviously was not that high when Obama passeed the stimulus, because he was quoted as saying unemployment will not go over 8% if we passed his stimulus plan. There are plenty of opinions we can debate, like what the effects will be if we let the Bush Tax cuts expire, but facts are facts.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bush vs Obama
    By jared81 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 10:48 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
  3. Bush 2.0: 100 Ways Barack Obama Is Just Like George W. Bush
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
  4. Laura Bush: George Bush 'Owes' Obama Silence
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
  5. obama caves to bush ?!
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •