Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Everyday things you do to stay in shape?

1. -1
    MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Everyday things you do to stay in shape?

Before being deployed I use to run around 6.5 miles 3 times a week and hit up the local MMA gym for Muay Thai, Boxing and Jiu Jitsu. I weighed 190lbs at the beginning of april and by the end of april I was down to 180. Now i'm down to 171. Would like to hit 165 and stay there but i've been hovering around 170-172lbs for quite a bit. I would like to start swimming and Judo when I return along with p90x.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gym. 5 - 6 times a week. CARDIO. I do lots of it.

5K on the elliptical @ level 15. 45 minutes.
    2 miles on the treadmill @ 2% incline. 18 minutes.
    3 miles on the exercise bike. I do a "tour" session thru a forest. 10 minutes.
    Stairmill. Fat Burner session. Level 5. 10 minutes.
    15 minutes in the sauna. Anywhere from 130 - 150 degrees.

That's my daily cardio routine. Do this every morning on an empty stomach when you wake up. Come back home, pound some eggs, turkey bacon, banana (or another fruit) and a protein shake.

This keeps me thin and fit. Often times I'll hit the gym twice a day or workout in the office. Gotta switch your routine up as well. Keep shocking your muscles. But mostly, it's in your diet. Gotta eat clean foods. You can cheat every once in a while (once a week or so) but you can't cheat with Jack in the Box. If you want something quick and easy, go to Panera. They have this KILLER panini. I usually go there once a week. My cheat meal is MOE's. No matter how much I work out, I can't kick Moe's lol. Forget about it. LOVE it. Not giving up Moe's and I drink sweet tea daily. Stay away from soda. If you do have a soda, have a Sprite. It's caffeine free. And if you're going to drink beer, drink Guinness. Although I only drink Guinness from the tap now because it's so much better. I let myself go at tailgates and drink Corona like mad.

You want to trim some weight quick, do it now in this heat. Run about a mile a day outside. Maybe two if you can take the heat. Stay away from bread. Eat lots of fruit. Do this for about two weeks and you should be where you'd like to be.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cut grass in the florida heat for a living. We don't have a ride on mower, we have 2 of those real big commercial walk behind mowers, and I choose not to use the cart that you can stand on and ride. It keeps me in pretty good shape, I also hit the gym 2 days on 1 day off, and I play hockey.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Gym. 5 - 6 times a week. CARDIO. I do lots of it.

5K on the elliptical @ level 15. 45 minutes.
    2 miles on the treadmill @ 2% incline. 18 minutes.
    3 miles on the exercise bike. I do a "tour" session thru a forest. 10 minutes.
    Stairmill. Fat Burner session. Level 5. 10 minutes.
    15 minutes in the sauna. Anywhere from 130 - 150 degrees.

That's my daily cardio routine. Do this every morning on an empty stomach when you wake up. Come back home, pound some eggs, turkey bacon, banana (or another fruit) and a protein shake.

This keeps me thin and fit. Often times I'll hit the gym twice a day or workout in the office. Gotta switch your routine up as well. Keep shocking your muscles. But mostly, it's in your diet. Gotta eat clean foods. You can cheat every once in a while (once a week or so) but you can't cheat with Jack in the Box. If you want something quick and easy, go to Panera. They have this KILLER panini. I usually go there once a week. My cheat meal is MOE's. No matter how much I work out, I can't kick Moe's lol. Forget about it. LOVE it. Not giving up Moe's and I drink sweet tea daily. Stay away from soda. If you do have a soda, have a Sprite. It's caffeine free. And if you're going to drink beer, drink Guinness. Although I only drink Guinness from the tap now because it's so much better. I let myself go at tailgates and drink Corona like mad.

You want to trim some weight quick, do it now in this heat. Run about a mile a day outside. Maybe two if you can take the heat. Stay away from bread. Eat lots of fruit. Do this for about two weeks and you should be where you'd like to be.
    Regarding Panera, you aren't cheating going there. When I eat there, I choose the half and half meal. Any half sandwich (favorites are the Frontega Chicken - 420 calories, Turkey Artichoke - 370 cals, or the Cuban - 420 calories) to go along with the chicken noodle soup (80 calories), your lunch/dinner is 500 calories or under.

Nothing wrong with Diet Barq's (caffeine free automatically) or Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi (which is my fave). Unsweetened iced tea with Splenda or Nutrasweet works too (0 calories).

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Donut Enthusiast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont eat that 8th burger
    Watch me jiggle all the way to the DWTS finals!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right now I am doing P90X and Insanity plus walking in the evening when I can talk my wife into it. She is not overweight at all but she HATES to exercise in any way.

I am about to join the gym though. I'm ready to get some mad cardio in and want to really start lifting again.
    Quote Quote