Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The title of this thread can not be placed in the title area

1. -31
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
    Playoffs aren't good enough for you anymore? They haven't won a playoff game since you were able to buy your 1st legal drink! Baby steps first buddy, how about you worry about your team winning even 1 playoff game.
    Playoffs haven't been good enough for me in a LONG time. I didn't give a **** when we made the playoffs in 2008 but everyone else here were sticking their thumbs up their *****. It's not good enough. "DIVISION CHAMPS" tshirts. Who gives a ****. Like that's impressive or something. I've seen this team make the playoffs more than enough. It's equivalent to birthdays. I don't give a damn about my birthday anymore. I'm too old for that noise. I need bigger and better. Playoffs are the first step, yes, but I just don't see it as much to celebrate. My philosophy is win the next one.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    If you want to keep celebrating "runs" to the playoffs then be my guest. Enjoy your free tshirt. I'm damn near 32 years-old. I don't know how old you are but I don't give a **** about playoffs anymore. Dolphins get to the playoffs, yeah, you damn right I want to win, but if we get to the playoffs and make it to the AFC title game and the Jets go 4 - 12 in the same year, you won't see me gloating about it. I couldn't care any less. In my eyes the Dolphins failed every bit as much as the Jets. Playoffs aren't good enough for me anymore. I'm over that weak ****. Pretty soon my vision will fade, I won't hear as well, things will hurt when I get out of bed, and "other" parts will be "challenged." Win it all or GTFO. I'm not talking about what could or should have been. And I'm not wearing any free tshirts either.
    I feel bad for you, the journey to a championship is what is fun and previous failures makes winning much sweeter. When the Jets do win one it will be [absolutely disasterous, as it will herald the coming of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.]
    Last edited by Bumpus; 08-22-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Bumpus 3:16
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I feel bad for you, the journey to a championship is what is fun and previous failures makes winning much sweeter. When the Jets do win one it will be really special and you can't win a SB w/o first playing in the conf title game which we did w/ a rookie HC and rookie QB and you guys haven't done since 1992.
    Thanks Captain Obvious. Yeah, you gotta get to the playoffs and you gotta win those games. But if you don't win them, who gives a damn. Apparently you guys. Still gloating about getting to the AFC title game. Most people have forgotten about that by now. Only Jets fans still talk about it. You didn't win so it's irrelelvant to me. It'd be the same story if the Dolphins got there and lost. Once you win it all, THEN you reflect on the journey.

No way in hell am I gonna watch the Dolphins win a Super Bowl and then sit around with friends and beers and say, "Remember when we lost? Man that makes this so much cooler." To hell with that. Just win man. Forget about past failures and even past success. Stop yacking about Marino and the Marks Brothers. That **** is gone for good. I wasn't around for that 1972 team so what do I care.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Captain Obvious. Yeah, you gotta get to the playoffs and you gotta win those games. But if you don't win them, who gives a damn. Apparently you guys. Still gloating about getting to the AFC title game. Most people have forgotten about that by now. Only Jets fans still talk about it. You didn't win so it's irrelelvant to me. It'd be the same story if the Dolphins got there and lost. Once you win it all, THEN you reflect on the journey.

No way in hell am I gonna watch the Dolphins win a Super Bowl and then sit around with friends and beers and say, "Remember when we lost? Man that makes this so much cooler." To hell with that. Just win man. Forget about past failures and even past success. Stop yacking about Marino and the Marks Brothers. That **** is gone for good. I wasn't around for that 1972 team so what do I care.
    [Dirty buttfumble pounding me] was a great ride and I enjoyed every second of the unexpected journey.
    Last edited by Bumpus; 08-22-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Was that wrong?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was a great ride and I enjoyed every second of the unexpected journey. It sure beats missing the playoffs or losing in one of the first 2 rounds.
    I dunno. I think I'm less heart broken making the early exit against Baltimore that we all knew was coming.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember a few years ago when the Pistons knocked us out in the Eastern Conference Finals. I moped around for like a week and a half before I started being "normal" again. Dolphins got beat by the Ravens and I just didn't even care.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure w/ expectations losses become more difficult to deal w/ but it's still exciting knowing you have another week of football, another buildup to a Sat or Sunday game. [Another try at grabbing a handful from the buffet before Rex swallows everything.]
    Last edited by Bumpus; 08-22-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: The eventual disappointment is obvious.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    **** the Jets.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure w/ expectations losses become more difficult to deal w/ but it's still exciting knowing you have another week of football, another buildup to a Sat or Sunday game.
    You won't have to deal with that any more though. The Jets obviously weren't a very good team last year, and weren't playoff worthy. Most people can see it's a fluke, all but Jets fans and the northeast cheerleaders themselves, BSPN. So hopefully you enjoyed the ride while it lasted, this season you'll be going back to your regularly schedule program of SOJ and Mark buttfumble INT's.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    **** the Jets.
    [So true.]
    Last edited by Bumpus; 08-22-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Quote