Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll rate your fantasy team here:

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'll rate your fantasy team here:

Ok it's that time of year, post your drafted teams here and I'll give you my analysis. Not claiming to be a fantasy professional but I've been playing for 15+ years so I've got some experience. Last year I was in 6 leagues (5 I'd called competitive), made the playoffs in 5 and won 3 of them. I'm a big fan of Value Based Drafting but not letting it get in the way of taking a better player. While a big Dolphin fan watch from a far here in PA when it comes to fantasy football I'm no homer and won't overrate fin players or draft them earlier then they should be.

Here's what I need to rate your team:

1. List your team
    2. List your leagues requirement for starting positions (ie. QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/Def)
    3. Number of teams in your league
    4. Point per reception ?
    5. Redraft or Keeper league (if a keeper who did you keep)
    6. What position did you draft in ?
    7. Any other important nuances like points for return yardage or anything out of the normal yardage and TD scoring that your league uses.

What I'll reply with:

1. Grade (A-You are a championship contender B-You are a solid Playoff team C-You have a chance to sneak in the playoffs but you need a little luck or some good free agent moves D-It could be a long season unless you get a few waiver wire gems F-Hopefully the fins do well because you've got nothing to look forward to with this team)
    2. A few suggestions were you might be able to improve.
    3. What your good draft moves were.
    4. Where you went wrong or could have done better.

The bigger the league usually the easier it is to tell how well your draft was, 8 or 10 team leagues everyone should have decent talent, 12 teams with 18 or 20 man rosters and it starts to get a little clearer, 14 and 16 teams leagues can be a beast.

And in full disclosure I will post my drafted teams as well.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just had a very difficult draft, and wouldn't mind some feedback on it. It was a 20 person league, which is pretty big by my standards. The way the roster sets up also made it incredibly difficult being you have to start 3 WR's, two RB's, Two TE's, a WR/RB, and a WR/TE. The last few rounds we were forced to draft guys who won't see any playing time. But anyways, here's my team.

QB - Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselbeck
    RB- Stephen Jackson, Jerome Harrison, Tim Hightower, Michael Robinson, Earnest Graham
    WR, Brandon Marshall, Devin Aromashodu, Donnie Avery, Mike Thomas, Buster Davis, Maurice Stovall, Emmanuel Sanders
    TE- Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano, Travis Beckum, Ben Patrick
    K- Adam Vinatieri, Matt Bryant
    Def- Bengals, Raiders

Considering the circumstances, I think I did a pretty good job. Hardest draft I've ever participated in.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    My Team (starters in bold)

QB - Tom Brady/Carson Palmer
    RB - Maurice Jones-Drew/Beanie Wells/Cadillac Williams/Kevin Smith/Toby Gerhart
    WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
    TE - Jermichael Finley/Chris Cooley
    D/ST - Packers
    K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post

WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
    D/ST - Packers
    K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)
    Pretty good. Tom Brady will always put up big fantasy numbers, and I expect a good season from Palmer with all the weapons around him. MJD is obviously money. I'm not as high on Beanie Wells as others are. He may get a few more carries than Hightower, but Hightower will get the carries when they matter, the goalline and on 3rd downs. Not high on any of the other RB's either to be honest. Love the WR corp. Jermichael Finley will have a huge season. Not a huge fan of Chris Cooley with the emergence of Fred Davis, but is good as a backup. Packers D/ST is great, and Carp is obviously money as well. I'd give your draft a solid B+ because I'm not too high on the RB's.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

D/ST - Packers
    K - Dan Carpenter

Well you have a little work to do but you have some pieces in place as well.

QB - Brady is always a top 6 guy, I don't expect a year like he had in 2007 but a slight uptick from last year where he was QB8 is reasonable. Palmer is a decent backup with some upside if 85 and 81 get along and produce.

RB - Not in love with what you got here at all. MJD is a beast and will be top5 for sure and could end up the #1 RB and not be surprising. Behind that you have some issues, Wells shouldn't be more then an RB3 in a 10 team league. Williams ok and worth a shot, the other two (Smith and Gerhart) likely shouldn't even be drafted in 10 team league. We need to do some waiver wire work to clean this up, any of the following out there, Hightower/Maroney/Hardesty/Donald Brown/Slaton/LT/Fred Taylor ? In a 10 teamer usually one or 2 of them slip through. I'd take any over your last 2 guys.

WR - This is obviously your strength and maybe where you can make a move. Wayne and Colston while both good are maybe a bit overrated in my opinion. Both QB's spread the ball around a ton and don't lock in on one guy. Wayne is more consistent, Colston can disappear some games and a stud WR shouldn't do that. Nicks is a solid guy to be your WR3, nice pick there. TJ and TO were nice picks and solid bye week guys.

TE - Finley is ready to break out this year and put up some big numbers as long as he stays healthy, Cooley is an ok backup.

I am really torn between giving you a B or a C so I'm going with a C+, I just think your lack of a solid 2nd RB and Colston's inconsistency will hurt you some weeks. I'd try and package Colston and Wells for a serious upgrade at RB and see if you can find any of the guys I mentioned on the waiver wire.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish Pirate View Post

RB - Not in love with what you got here at all. MJD is a beast and will be top5 for sure and could end up the #1 RB and not be surprising. Behind that you have some issues, Wells shouldn't be more then an RB3 in a 10 team league. Williams ok and worth a shot, the other two (Smith and Gerhart) likely shouldn't even be drafted in 10 team league. We need to do some waiver wire work to clean this up, any of the following out there, Hightower/Maroney/Hardesty/Donald Brown/Slaton/LT/Fred Taylor ? In a 10 teamer usually one or 2 of them slip through. I'd take any over your last 2 guys.
    I dropped Kevin Smith for Brian Westbrook and Toby Gerhart for Fred Taylor. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dropped Kevin Smith for Brian Westbrook and Toby Gerhart for Fred Taylor. Thoughts?
    I think that's a good move.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Westbrook we'll see, I like Taylor...I was high on Maroney but he seems in the doghouse so I thing Taylor will get 10-15 carries at least early.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just finished up another draft. Another 10 man league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
    RB- Adrian Peterson, Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis
    WR- Roddy White, Steve Smith (Giants), Dwayne Bowe, Devin Aromashodu
    TE- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
    D/ST- Steelers, Bengals
    K- Garett Hartley
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Just finished up another draft. Another 10 man league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
    RB- Adrian Peterson, Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis
    WR- Roddy White, Steve Smith (Giants), Dwayne Bowe, Devin Aromashodu
    TE- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
    D/ST- Steelers, Bengals
    K- Garett Hartley
    R&R obviously we have similar philosophies when it comes to putting a fantasy football team together, another solid draft.

QB - Peyton is as sure of a thing as you can get, money to be a top 3 or 4 guy and a very high floor barring some freak injury. Palmer for the one week Peyton is off is fine, at Atlanta and coming off a bye week.

RB - Got a stud in ADP and 3 undervalued guys with Jones, Bradshaw and Portis. All 3 should be opening week starters or in Jones case maybe a true RBBC but still putting up some points, if one of the 3 has a really solid year you are money.

WR - White is one of the most overlooked guys in Fantasy football, Smith was the go to guy for the Giants last year and while they should be a little more balanced this year they pass a good amount and the WR's get most of the looks. Bowe needs to step up his game this year, hopefully that motivates, I for one think it will. Aromashodu is a guy we obviously disagree on but there is a case to be made for him, just my gut telling me he won't live up to his draft spot.

TE - Clark, again a top 3 guy at the position and Olsen while some what disappointing last year showed some flashes, if Martz finds a way to use him he could outperform his average draft spot.

I probably would have for gone the 2nd D and went after another WR and then cut one when needed but not a big deal. I'm giving this team an A, you should contend for the title barring any major injury.
    Quote Quote