Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll rate your fantasy team here:

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'll rate your fantasy team here:

Ok it's that time of year, post your drafted teams here and I'll give you my analysis. Not claiming to be a fantasy professional but I've been playing for 15+ years so I've got some experience. Last year I was in 6 leagues (5 I'd called competitive), made the playoffs in 5 and won 3 of them. I'm a big fan of Value Based Drafting but not letting it get in the way of taking a better player. While a big Dolphin fan watch from a far here in PA when it comes to fantasy football I'm no homer and won't overrate fin players or draft them earlier then they should be.

Here's what I need to rate your team:

1. List your team
    2. List your leagues requirement for starting positions (ie. QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/Def)
    3. Number of teams in your league
    4. Point per reception ?
    5. Redraft or Keeper league (if a keeper who did you keep)
    6. What position did you draft in ?
    7. Any other important nuances like points for return yardage or anything out of the normal yardage and TD scoring that your league uses.

What I'll reply with:

1. Grade (A-You are a championship contender B-You are a solid Playoff team C-You have a chance to sneak in the playoffs but you need a little luck or some good free agent moves D-It could be a long season unless you get a few waiver wire gems F-Hopefully the fins do well because you've got nothing to look forward to with this team)
    2. A few suggestions were you might be able to improve.
    3. What your good draft moves were.
    4. Where you went wrong or could have done better.

The bigger the league usually the easier it is to tell how well your draft was, 8 or 10 team leagues everyone should have decent talent, 12 teams with 18 or 20 man rosters and it starts to get a little clearer, 14 and 16 teams leagues can be a beast.

And in full disclosure I will post my drafted teams as well.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just had a very difficult draft, and wouldn't mind some feedback on it. It was a 20 person league, which is pretty big by my standards. The way the roster sets up also made it incredibly difficult being you have to start 3 WR's, two RB's, Two TE's, a WR/RB, and a WR/TE. The last few rounds we were forced to draft guys who won't see any playing time. But anyways, here's my team.

QB - Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselbeck
    RB- Stephen Jackson, Jerome Harrison, Tim Hightower, Michael Robinson, Earnest Graham
    WR, Brandon Marshall, Devin Aromashodu, Donnie Avery, Mike Thomas, Buster Davis, Maurice Stovall, Emmanuel Sanders
    TE- Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano, Travis Beckum, Ben Patrick
    K- Adam Vinatieri, Matt Bryant
    Def- Bengals, Raiders

Considering the circumstances, I think I did a pretty good job. Hardest draft I've ever participated in.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's another one of mine for you to rate. 10 man draft league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Tony Romo, Matt Ryan
    RB- Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower
    WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, Mohammed Massaquoi, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards
    TE- Dallas Clark, Zach Miller
    DEF/ST- Bengals, Giants
    K- Garrett Hartley
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    My Team (starters in bold)

QB - Tom Brady/Carson Palmer
    RB - Maurice Jones-Drew/Beanie Wells/Cadillac Williams/Kevin Smith/Toby Gerhart
    WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
    TE - Jermichael Finley/Chris Cooley
    D/ST - Packers
    K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just finished up another draft. Another 10 man league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
    RB- Adrian Peterson, Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis
    WR- Roddy White, Steve Smith (Giants), Dwayne Bowe, Devin Aromashodu
    TE- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
    D/ST- Steelers, Bengals
    K- Garett Hartley
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    My Team (starters in bold)

QB - Tom Brady/Carson Palmer
    RB - Maurice Jones-Drew/Beanie Wells/Cadillac Williams/Kevin Smith/Toby Gerhart
    WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
    TE - Jermichael Finley/Chris Cooley
    D/ST - Packers
    K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)
    Pretty good. Tom Brady will always put up big fantasy numbers, and I expect a good season from Palmer with all the weapons around him. MJD is obviously money. I'm not as high on Beanie Wells as others are. He may get a few more carries than Hightower, but Hightower will get the carries when they matter, the goalline and on 3rd downs. Not high on any of the other RB's either to be honest. Love the WR corp. Jermichael Finley will have a huge season. Not a huge fan of Chris Cooley with the emergence of Fred Davis, but is good as a backup. Packers D/ST is great, and Carp is obviously money as well. I'd give your draft a solid B+ because I'm not too high on the RB's.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    QB: Joe Flacco/ Big Ben.. A weekly battle that will probably result in many curse words over who i should have started
    RB: Ryan Grant/ Pierre Thomas/ Jerome Harrison/ Darren Sproles/ Darren McFadden
    WR: Randy Moss/ Vincent Jackson/ Steve Smith (CAR))/ Jerricho Chotchery/ Steve Breaston/ Chaz Schillens
    TE: Antonio Gates
    DEF/ ST: Saints
    K: Rob Bironas

10 teams - 10th pick snake draft
    Standard Lineup - (1 qb, 2/3 rb &/or wr... 9 starters and 7 on the bench)
    Passing: 25yds - 1pts; TD - 4pts; 2PC - 2pts; INT - -2pts
    Rushing: 1pt / 10yds; 6pts / TD; 2pts / 2pc
    Receiving: 1pt / 10yds; 6pts / TD; 2pts / 2pc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Just had a very difficult draft, and wouldn't mind some feedback on it. It was a 20 person league, which is pretty big by my standards. The way the roster sets up also made it incredibly difficult being you have to start 3 WR's, two RB's, Two TE's, a WR/RB, and a WR/TE. The last few rounds we were forced to draft guys who won't see any playing time. But anyways, here's my team.

QB - Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselbeck
    RB- Stephen Jackson, Jerome Harrison, Tim Hightower, Michael Robinson, Earnest Graham
    WR, Brandon Marshall, Devin Aromashodu, Donnie Avery, Mike Thomas, Buster Davis, Maurice Stovall, Emmanuel Sanders
    TE- Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano, Travis Beckum, Ben Patrick
    K- Adam Vinatieri, Matt Bryant
    Def- Bengals, Raiders

Considering the circumstances, I think I did a pretty good job. Hardest draft I've ever participated in.
    20 teamer, that one will separate the men from the boys for sure. I've done 16 team leagues and those were a beast.

I like the start of your draft, I assume SJax, Marshall and Gates in the first 3 rounds. In a start 2 TE league with that many teams Gates is a second round value for sure so you got a good deal.

QB - Like Matt Ryan as a starter with some good upside, if you can't get one of the top 6 guys Ryan is as good as the others and usually available a round or two later, Hasselback in a league this big is a nice backup, if he stays upright I expect a decent year out of him and you'll have teams in this league with backup QB's as their bye week fillers.

RB - Sjax is getting over looked in a lot of drafts because he hasn't had the monster season people have hoped for, however he's finished the past 5 years top 14 in RB's every year fantasy wise even when he's missed a few games here and there. If Bradford can provide some spark in the passing game he'll be a top 10 back for sure. I'm not huge on Harrison, mainly because I think Cleveland will be that bad again and Hardesty will get more time as the year goes on. Great pick with Hightower here, he's still #1 on the Cards depth chart and while Wells will egt his share of carries Hightower is a better receiver and will be a solid RB3 in a league this big. Interested were Tashard Choice went, I would target him in a league like this because even as a 3rd back he gets some touches.

WR - Probably your weakest spot on this team but every year someone like miles Austin come out of nowhere so you never know. You got a solid top 10 guy in Marshall to anchor your group, I think he'll have about 90 catches but 10+ TD's this year. Aromashodu is a guy people seem to have high hopes for but I see Knox as the breakout gut in Chicago and Aromashodu more as the 3rd or even 4th WR, of course in a Martz offense that could still produce some numbers (ie Hakim with the Rams). Avery could be a nice sleeper, again depends a lot on Bradford. Mike Thomas is a solid pick, he showed some ability last year and is concentrating on WR this year with no kick return duties. Buster Davis has all the tools and if Vincent Jackson holds out until week 10, however the guy has disappointed in the past, I thin Naanee is the better sleeper pick in San Diego. Stovall and Sanders you are trying to catch some lighting in the bottle, all you can do at that point.

TE - Excellent job here, Gates is a top 3 TE and Fasano in a league this size is probably in the top 5 of the second group of 20 TE's. I like taking a rookie like Beckum in a league like this and hoping he steps it up and Patrick is another guy that will get some looks. Starting 2 TE's makes this tough, Martellus Bennett and the two rookie Patriot TE's are guys I would target but likely were gone before you needed to look at adding a 3rd TE.

K and D - Yup you got two, honestly unless you have some weird scoring that deducts for misses or is really aggressive on the defensive scoring they can fluctuate so much year to year you never know.

Overall I'll grade you as B, looks like a solid playoff team, I assume in a league that big at least 6 if not 8 teams make the playoffs. Keep us updates I'm interested to see how this goes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Here's another one of mine for you to rate. 10 man draft league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Tony Romo, Matt Ryan
    RB- Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower
    WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, Mohammed Massaquoi, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards
    TE- Dallas Clark, Zach Miller
    DEF/ST- Bengals, Giants
    K- Garrett Hartley

One extreme to the other here R&R, 20 team beast to a 10 team league. 10 team leagues are by far the hardest to rate because all the teams will have a core of good players unless someone is a completely screws up so it comes down to reserves and sleepers.

QB - Romo has the making of a top 5 guy this year, maybe even top 3 if things go right. Ryan in this case is a solid backup, almost fringe starter. Nicely done.

RB - Sjax, discussed pretty much all I can with your other team, obviously we share the same opinion of him. Mendenhall is going to be a hit or bust this year I think. If he is able to get off to a good start the 4 games without Big Ben and they don't loose confidence in him he could be a top 10 back. However if they stack the box and shut hime down and the Steelers are 1-3 or 2-2 but inept on offense they could become an aerial attack after Ben is back and he'll become a second option. Forte will be interesting, he was a first rounder last year now averaging the 22nd RB off the board. The next two preseason games and how he fits in the new offense vs Chester Taylor who is a great pass catcher will determine where I would take him. Going in the same area on average I like Addai a little better and Maroney maybe a round or two later. Hightower again we have discussed on your last team, decent RB4 here and will do better then people expect.

WR - Fitz is a solid top 6 WR, don't get me wrong. That said I likely won't draft him unless he falls to me later then he usually goes. The QB change, losing Boldin and I think the Cards looking to run more will hurt his numbers some, what really concerns me right now is the hamstring as they can tend to linger. Ward just seems to keep on trucking, as long as this isn't the year he falls off the cliff pencil him in for 900 to 1000 yards and 7 TD's, the guy is steady as they get. Massaquoi, Britt and Edwards I like the moves here to get some guys that could break out. Massaquoi might be the only guy I target on the Browns, he showed some flashes last year, if Delhomme can get back to being an average QB he'll be good value. Britt showed signs of emerging and seems to be Youngs favorite target, they don't throw a lot but he should be a decent fill in guy with a higher ceiling. Edwards has a chance the first 4 weeks while Holmes is suspended to make an impression, if his hands of stone stay hidden he could be a viable bye week guy.

TE - Clark and Zach Miller (assuming the one on the Raiders), again you hit it out of the park at TE, Clark is killer in the red zone and we all know the Colts will throw and spread it around. Miller with Campbell who used his TE's a lot in Washington is a top 10 TE and could challenge for the top 6.

Overall nice job, good mix of sure thing guys like Romo, Sjax and Clark and guys with some real upside like the later WR's and Miller. The key to your season is Fitz and Mendenhall. I'll give you a B, you are a playoff contender for sure but if those two guys contribute as they did last year or in that range you can move up to an A rating.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Be back with more reviews a little later, need to do some real work
    Quote Quote