Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll rate your fantasy team here:

1. -11
    I'm So Sick of the Favre Drama!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    alright Pirate, standard 10 team league, standard scoring. I picked 6th. Here's the downside. I missed the draft so this was all autopick. I always pre-rank my players, just in case (once had the power blow on me in the 4th Round of a draft and ended up getting SCREWED, was gonna grab a QB but ended up getting a ****e WR...anyway...I pre-rank...just in case).

(Starters Bold)
    QB: Flacco/Kolb/Rothlisberger (I personally wouldn't have drafted 3 QBs)
    RB: Gore/Grant/Thomas/Harrison/McFadden/Tomlinson/McGahee
    WR: Jackson/Colston/Meachem (would have likely gotten at least 1 More WR)
    TE: Celek (would have grabbed a backup TE as well instead of 7 RBs)
    D/ST: Giants
    K: Prater

I don't think it's horrible as I think the the Starters are good...but as far as depth...well...you see.

Thanks L2G for the AWESOME Sig/Avy!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    My Team (starters in bold)

QB - Tom Brady/Carson Palmer
    RB - Maurice Jones-Drew/Beanie Wells/Cadillac Williams/Kevin Smith/Toby Gerhart
    WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
    TE - Jermichael Finley/Chris Cooley
    D/ST - Packers
    K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)

Well you have a little work to do but you have some pieces in place as well.

QB - Brady is always a top 6 guy, I don't expect a year like he had in 2007 but a slight uptick from last year where he was QB8 is reasonable. Palmer is a decent backup with some upside if 85 and 81 get along and produce.

RB - Not in love with what you got here at all. MJD is a beast and will be top5 for sure and could end up the #1 RB and not be surprising. Behind that you have some issues, Wells shouldn't be more then an RB3 in a 10 team league. Williams ok and worth a shot, the other two (Smith and Gerhart) likely shouldn't even be drafted in 10 team league. We need to do some waiver wire work to clean this up, any of the following out there, Hightower/Maroney/Hardesty/Donald Brown/Slaton/LT/Fred Taylor ? In a 10 teamer usually one or 2 of them slip through. I'd take any over your last 2 guys.

WR - This is obviously your strength and maybe where you can make a move. Wayne and Colston while both good are maybe a bit overrated in my opinion. Both QB's spread the ball around a ton and don't lock in on one guy. Wayne is more consistent, Colston can disappear some games and a stud WR shouldn't do that. Nicks is a solid guy to be your WR3, nice pick there. TJ and TO were nice picks and solid bye week guys.

TE - Finley is ready to break out this year and put up some big numbers as long as he stays healthy, Cooley is an ok backup.

I am really torn between giving you a B or a C so I'm going with a C+, I just think your lack of a solid 2nd RB and Colston's inconsistency will hurt you some weeks. I'd try and package Colston and Wells for a serious upgrade at RB and see if you can find any of the guys I mentioned on the waiver wire.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 man draft league; you have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a RB/WR
    QB: Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning
    RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Justin Forsett, Montario Hardesty, Marion Barber
    WR: Anquan Boldin, Desean Jackson, Derrick Mason, Devery Henderson
    TE: Owen Daniels, Kevin Boss
    D/ST: Ravens
    K: Stephen Gostkowski
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok I'll post my first draft of the year, a 10 team Yahoo public league just to get a little practice in before my real drafts. Intentionally waited on RB in this league with the idea of getting studs at the other positions and then drafting a run of RB's and hoping at least 2 will over achieve. Never actually done this before but have read a few articles that RB has the highest turnover in the top 12 each year so it can work (last year you could have gotten Rice and Benson in the 6th and 7th rounds of most drafts and been set) Typical Yahoo scoring 4pt passing TD's and 6pt rushing/rec, 1 pt 25 yards passing, 1 pt every 10 rushing and receiving.

Starters in Bold
    QB - Schaub, Hasselback
    RB - McCoy, Barber, Bush, Portis, Maroney
    WR - A.Johnson, Wayne, Jennings,Wallace, Britt
    TE - Witten
    K - Tynes
    D - Bengals

Obviously I'll need to make a move for a TE come Dallas's bye week but with the small rosters plenty will be out there and I wanted to add more RB depth to start and see who of that group shakes out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a pretty good team you have there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I'm So Sick of the Favre Drama!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got rice last year in like the 7th round and picked up Benson in Rd 15. I also grabbed rodgers in Rd. 5 and picked Miles Austin up off waivers. Needless to say I ended up winning that league
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    I got rice last year in like the 7th round and picked up Benson in Rd 15. I also grabbed rodgers in Rd. 5 and picked Miles Austin up off waivers. Needless to say I ended up winning that league
    Last year I ended up getting Rodgers in a late round, and he helped me win my league.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just looking for some feedback on my team... didn't play last year for the 1st time in 4 years and felt lost at this years draft. I feel great about my team. 10 man league - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, DEF.

QB - Eli Manning, Jay Cutler
    RB - A. Peterson, C. Benson, R. Bush, D. McFadden, C. Portis
    WR - L. Fitzgerald, R. Wayne, S. Smith (CAR), S. Holmes, D. Mason
    K - G. Hartley
    DEF - Chargers
    (Originally Drafted B. Favre and Hines Ward, but have already traded them for Fitzgerald and Cutler)
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Just finished up another draft. Another 10 man league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
    RB- Adrian Peterson, Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis
    WR- Roddy White, Steve Smith (Giants), Dwayne Bowe, Devin Aromashodu
    TE- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
    D/ST- Steelers, Bengals
    K- Garett Hartley
    R&R obviously we have similar philosophies when it comes to putting a fantasy football team together, another solid draft.

QB - Peyton is as sure of a thing as you can get, money to be a top 3 or 4 guy and a very high floor barring some freak injury. Palmer for the one week Peyton is off is fine, at Atlanta and coming off a bye week.

RB - Got a stud in ADP and 3 undervalued guys with Jones, Bradshaw and Portis. All 3 should be opening week starters or in Jones case maybe a true RBBC but still putting up some points, if one of the 3 has a really solid year you are money.

WR - White is one of the most overlooked guys in Fantasy football, Smith was the go to guy for the Giants last year and while they should be a little more balanced this year they pass a good amount and the WR's get most of the looks. Bowe needs to step up his game this year, hopefully that motivates, I for one think it will. Aromashodu is a guy we obviously disagree on but there is a case to be made for him, just my gut telling me he won't live up to his draft spot.

TE - Clark, again a top 3 guy at the position and Olsen while some what disappointing last year showed some flashes, if Martz finds a way to use him he could outperform his average draft spot.

I probably would have for gone the 2nd D and went after another WR and then cut one when needed but not a big deal. I'm giving this team an A, you should contend for the title barring any major injury.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish Pirate View Post
    20 teamer, that one will separate the men from the boys for sure. I've done 16 team leagues and those were a beast.

I like the start of your draft, I assume SJax, Marshall and Gates in the first 3 rounds. In a start 2 TE league with that many teams Gates is a second round value for sure so you got a good deal.

QB - Like john beck as a starter with some good upside, if you can't get one of the top 6 guys Ryan is as good as the others and usually available a round or two later, Hasselback in a league this big is a nice backup, if he stays upright I expect a decent year out of him and you'll have teams in this league with backup QB's as their bye week fillers.

RB - Sjax is getting over looked in a lot of drafts because he hasn't had the monster season people have hoped for, however he's finished the past 5 years top 14 in RB's every year fantasy wise even when he's missed a few games here and there. If Bradford can provide some spark in the passing game he'll be a top 10 back for sure. I'm not huge on Harrison, mainly because I think Cleveland will be that bad again and Hardesty will get more time as the year goes on. Great pick with Hightower here, he's still #1 on the Cards depth chart and while Wells will egt his share of carries Hightower is a better receiver and will be a solid RB3 in a league this big. Interested were Tashard Choice went, I would target him in a league like this because even as a 3rd back he gets some touches.

WR - Probably your weakest spot on this team but every year someone like miles Austin come out of nowhere so you never know. You got a solid top 10 guy in Marshall to anchor your group, I think he'll have about 90 catches but 10+ TD's this year. Aromashodu is a guy people seem to have high hopes for but I see Knox as the breakout gut in Chicago and Aromashodu more as the 3rd or even 4th WR, of course in a Martz offense that could still produce some numbers (ie Hakim with the Rams). Avery could be a nice sleeper, again depends a lot on Bradford. Mike Thomas is a solid pick, he showed some ability last year and is concentrating on WR this year with no kick return duties. Buster Davis has all the tools and if Vincent Jackson holds out until week 10, however the guy has disappointed in the past, I thin Naanee is the better sleeper pick in San Diego. Stovall and Sanders you are trying to catch some lighting in the bottle, all you can do at that point.

TE - Excellent job here, Gates is a top 3 TE and Fasano in a league this size is probably in the top 5 of the second group of 20 TE's. I like taking a rookie like Beckum in a league like this and hoping he steps it up and Patrick is another guy that will get some looks. Starting 2 TE's makes this tough, Martellus Bennett and the two rookie Patriot TE's are guys I would target but likely were gone before you needed to look at adding a 3rd TE.

K and D - Yup you got two, honestly unless you have some weird scoring that deducts for misses or is really aggressive on the defensive scoring they can fluctuate so much year to year you never know.

Overall I'll grade you as B, looks like a solid playoff team, I assume in a league that big at least 6 if not 8 teams make the playoffs. Keep us updates I'm interested to see how this goes.
    Yea I feel good about it. First league I've ever did this big, usually only do 10-12 man leagues so this was a bit of a toughy. Bennett and the the two Patriot rookies were gone, as well as the two Ravens rookies, and my boy Jimmy Graham. Don't know much about Beckum, but I like my pickup of Ben Patrick at the very end of the draft. He's the starter for the Cards, and while they haven't been known to throw at their TE's much, they also have had Anthony Becht as the starter for awhile who's nothing but a blocker, where Patrick actually offers some pass catching ability. All I really need from him is to give me a few points on bye weeks so not really worried.

I personally think Aromashodu will have a very good season, and Donnie Avery could put up some real good numbers if Bradford pans out ok. He has gamebreaking speed. Either way someone has to catch passes in St. Louis. I liked my Mike Thomas pick in the mid-late rounds. Is a starter, and Sims-Walker missing time wouldn't be a shocker to anyone. I think I landed Buster Davis in the second from last round, with the Jackson situation, who knows. I agree about Stovall and Sanders. Nearing the end of the draft, nobody available. Stovall should get some looks, but these guys shouldn't be "seeing the field" for me anyhow.

As for everything else, pretty much agree, especially about Hightower. A lot of people hopping on the Beanie Wells bandwagon, not me. He may get a few more carries than Hightower, but Hightower will get the snaps when they matter, the goalline and on 3rd downs.
    Quote Quote