Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'll rate your fantasy team here:

1. -21
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish Pirate View Post
    One extreme to the other here R&R, 20 team beast to a 10 team league. 10 team leagues are by far the hardest to rate because all the teams will have a core of good players unless someone is a completely screws up so it comes down to reserves and sleepers.

QB - Romo has the making of a top 5 guy this year, maybe even top 3 if things go right. Ryan in this case is a solid backup, almost fringe starter. Nicely done.

RB - Sjax, discussed pretty much all I can with your other team, obviously we share the same opinion of him. Mendenhall is going to be a hit or bust this year I think. If he is able to get off to a good start the 4 games without Big Ben and they don't loose confidence in him he could be a top 10 back. However if they stack the box and shut hime down and the Steelers are 1-3 or 2-2 but inept on offense they could become an aerial attack after Ben is back and he'll become a second option. Forte will be interesting, he was a first rounder last year now averaging the 22nd RB off the board. The next two preseason games and how he fits in the new offense vs Chester Taylor who is a great pass catcher will determine where I would take him. Going in the same area on average I like Addai a little better and Maroney maybe a round or two later. Hightower again we have discussed on your last team, decent RB4 here and will do better then people expect.

WR - Fitz is a solid top 6 WR, don't get me wrong. That said I likely won't draft him unless he falls to me later then he usually goes. The QB change, losing Boldin and I think the Cards looking to run more will hurt his numbers some, what really concerns me right now is the hamstring as they can tend to linger. Ward just seems to keep on trucking, as long as this isn't the year he falls off the cliff pencil him in for 900 to 1000 yards and 7 TD's, the guy is steady as they get. Massaquoi, Britt and Edwards I like the moves here to get some guys that could break out. Massaquoi might be the only guy I target on the Browns, he showed some flashes last year, if Delhomme can get back to being an average QB he'll be good value. Britt showed signs of emerging and seems to be Youngs favorite target, they don't throw a lot but he should be a decent fill in guy with a higher ceiling. Edwards has a chance the first 4 weeks while Holmes is suspended to make an impression, if his hands of stone stay hidden he could be a viable bye week guy.

TE - Clark and Zach Miller (assuming the one on the Raiders), again you hit it out of the park at TE, Clark is killer in the red zone and we all know the Colts will throw and spread it around. Miller with Campbell who used his TE's a lot in Washington is a top 10 TE and could challenge for the top 6.

Overall nice job, good mix of sure thing guys like Romo, Sjax and Clark and guys with some real upside like the later WR's and Miller. The key to your season is Fitz and Mendenhall. I'll give you a B, you are a playoff contender for sure but if those two guys contribute as they did last year or in that range you can move up to an A rating.
    I have no doubt Romo is a top 5 QB in fantasy this year. That guy has too many weapons around him it's ridiculous. There's some concern around Fitz. I actually think no more Boldin helps him more than hurts him, more targets for him. Hopefully Matt Leinart isn't too bad because that's what it's all going to come down to. Massaqoui and Britt are good potential sleepers. Edwards is always going to have a few great fantasy games every season. Hopefully that's on my bye weeks... I'd by lying if I said I didn't have my concerns with Mendenhall. As you said, boom or bust. I think Forte has a bounce back type season but we'll see. You can't go wrong with Dallas Clark. I managed Zach Miller in the later rounds, loved the pick also. He's the best pass catcher on the Raiders by far, and will get plenty of targets, and as you said, Campbell likes throwing to his TE's.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan_101 View Post
    QB: Joe Flacco/ Big Ben.. A weekly battle that will probably result in many curse words over who i should have started
    RB: Ryan Grant/ Pierre Thomas/ Jerome Harrison/ Darren Sproles/ Darren McFadden
    WR: Randy Moss/ Vincent Jackson/ Steve Smith (CAR))/ Jerricho Chotchery/ Steve Breaston/ Chaz Schillens
    TE: Antonio Gates
    DEF/ ST: Saints
    K: Rob Bironas
    Ok, another 10 teamer, you guys are making it tough.

QB - Flacco, coming off a decent sophomore year and with Boldin, Stallworth and Pitta added to the passing attack I think you'll see them open up the offense a bit more this year. Big Ben is a great backup, he was a top 6 QB last year and can be gotten mid draft as one of the first back ups taken and could carry you in the second half or be great trade bait.

RB - Grant is solid and steady. I'm not a huge Thomas fan, too many other weapons on that team and he tends to become an after thought. Harrison is ok, but again in a 10 team league I'd like a better RB3 that isn't being pushed by a rookie and on a bad team. Sproles and McFadden the same type of back and both tend to under achieve. This is area should be average but it won't carry you.

WR - Moss, should be good in a contract year and Brady has looked very sharp so far in the preseason. Vjax ? Unless something changes quickly this is looking like a ugly holdout that will go to week 10 when he must come in to get credit for the year played. Steve Smith (Carolina) is an interesting guy this year, he has decreased each year but Delhomme also regressed each year the past few, maybe he bounces back but this will be a run first, run second team which will hurt. Cotchery and Breaston are solid bye weeks guys and Breaston if Lienart does anything could be a starter in certain match ups.

TE - Gates is a stud, enough said.

Your QB's are your strong spot but you can only start one. RB1 and RB2 are ok but your depth is lacking. WR it seems you used a much earlier pick then needed on Jackson and now have yourself in a hole there. TE you did very well. I'll give this team a C, you'll need luck or one of your back ups to get some help via an injury to a starter to get to the playoffs. If you can play .500 ball early and once Ben is back deal one of your QB's for some help maybe you can get a wildcard spot.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    alright Pirate, standard 10 team league, standard scoring. I picked 6th. Here's the downside. I missed the draft so this was all autopick. I always pre-rank my players, just in case (once had the power blow on me in the 4th Round of a draft and ended up getting SCREWED, was gonna grab a QB but ended up getting a ****e WR...anyway...I pre-rank...just in case).

(Starters Bold)
    QB: Flacco/Kolb/Rothlisberger (I personally wouldn't have drafted 3 QBs)
    RB: Gore/Grant/Thomas/Harrison/McFadden/Tomlinson/McGahee
    WR: Jackson/Colston/Meachem (would have likely gotten at least 1 More WR)
    TE: Celek (would have grabbed a backup TE as well instead of 7 RBs)
    D/ST: Giants
    K: Prater

I don't think it's horrible as I think the the Starters are good...but as far as depth...well...you see.
    Well you didn't end up too bad for an auto draft other then the WR's.

QB - You are loaded, Kolb might put up the best numbers of the bunch, hopefully he and Flacco have a good first couple games and I'd unload one for some WR help. You certainly have depth here.

RB - Solid, solid, solid. Thomas as a RB3 flex player is very solid, I don't love him as a RB2 but in this position he is solid. Tomlinson might get some goal line carries and surprise with better numbers then most expect. Your backups are fine, maybe could improve on McFadden or McGahee but depends what is out there.

WR - This is where you paid the price on the auto draft. Is it DeSean Jackson I assume, I'm not as high on him as some, I think his size will hurt him as Reid goes to a short more controlled west coast offense with the more accurate Kolb then the big play offense they ran with McNabb. Maclin might be the sneaky play on the Eagles this year. Colston as your WR2 is ok, I'm a little down on him as well but auto picking at least you got a decent guy. Meachem might be the best play of the Saints WR's, 2nd half last year he was the one with the most fantasy points. Obviously you need some depth for bye weeks and because Colston tends to miss a few games and Jackson is a little guy who missed a few games last year I believe.

TE - Celek should be a red zone favorite of Kolb, think poor mans Dallas Clark.

I'd actually give this team a B right now as it stands, love your depth at QB and RB and hopefully you can use it or a little waiver wire magic to help you WR's. Add to the WR's by trading a QB and you could have an A grade.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Ok, calling it a night. Golf and picnic tomorrow so I'll be back Sunday to continue analysis.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    12 league team.

QB: Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinart
    RB: Deangelo Williams, Lesean McCoy, Ricky Williams
    WR: Andre Johnson, Devery Henderson, Jeremy Maclin, Jabar Gaffney
    TE: Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis
    K: Dan Carpenter, Sebastion Janikowski
    D: Jets, Dolphins

I don't really like this team. I got ****ed over in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is my fantasy team for my class... 8 man league

QB:Phillip Rivers,Brett Favre
    RB:Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Reshard Mendenhal,Jonthan Stewart
    WR:Roddy White, Sidney Rice, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings
    TE:Owen Daniels, Chris Cooley
    DEF:Minny,New Orleans
    Kicker:Crosby, Matt Bryant
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, another 10 teamer, you guys are making it tough.

QB - Flacco, coming off a decent sophomore year and with Boldin, Stallworth and Pitta added to the passing attack I think you'll see them open up the offense a bit more this year. Big Ben is a great backup, he was a top 6 QB last year and can be gotten mid draft as one of the first back ups taken and could carry you in the second half or be great trade bait.

RB - Grant is solid and steady. I'm not a huge Thomas fan, too many other weapons on that team and he tends to become an after thought. Harrison is ok, but again in a 10 team league I'd like a better RB3 that isn't being pushed by a rookie and on a bad team. Sproles and McFadden the same type of back and both tend to under achieve. This is area should be average but it won't carry you.

WR - Moss, should be good in a contract year and Brady has looked very sharp so far in the preseason. Vjax ? Unless something changes quickly this is looking like a ugly holdout that will go to week 10 when he must come in to get credit for the year played. Steve Smith (Carolina) is an interesting guy this year, he has decreased each year but Delhomme also regressed each year the past few, maybe he bounces back but this will be a run first, run second team which will hurt. Cotchery and Breaston are solid bye weeks guys and Breaston if Lienart does anything could be a starter in certain match ups.

TE - Gates is a stud, enough said.

Your QB's are your strong spot but you can only start one. RB1 and RB2 are ok but your depth is lacking. WR it seems you used a much earlier pick then needed on Jackson and now have yourself in a hole there. TE you did very well. I'll give this team a C, you'll need luck or one of your back ups to get some help via an injury to a starter to get to the playoffs. If you can play .500 ball early and once Ben is back deal one of your QB's for some help maybe you can get a wildcard spot.
    There's no way a receiver entering his prime is missing almost a whole season, seahawks where given permission to seek trade.. But who knows? Thanks for the input
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan_101 View Post
    There's no way a receiver entering his prime is missing almost a whole season, seahawks where given permission to seek trade.. But who knows? Thanks for the input
    If he isn't traded he will miss at least 10 games.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

RB - Not in love with what you got here at all. MJD is a beast and will be top5 for sure and could end up the #1 RB and not be surprising. Behind that you have some issues, Wells shouldn't be more then an RB3 in a 10 team league. Williams ok and worth a shot, the other two (Smith and Gerhart) likely shouldn't even be drafted in 10 team league. We need to do some waiver wire work to clean this up, any of the following out there, Hightower/Maroney/Hardesty/Donald Brown/Slaton/LT/Fred Taylor ? In a 10 teamer usually one or 2 of them slip through. I'd take any over your last 2 guys.
    I dropped Kevin Smith for Brian Westbrook and Toby Gerhart for Fred Taylor. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    I dropped Kevin Smith for Brian Westbrook and Toby Gerhart for Fred Taylor. Thoughts?
    I think that's a good move.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Rock and/or Roll

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    16 team league. I had the number 8 pick in a serpentine draft and starters are in bold.

QB: Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger

RB: Frank Gore, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush, Steve Slaton, Kevin Smith

Wr: Marques Colston, Steve Smith (Car), Hines Ward, Mario Manningham, Jabar Gaffney

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Matt Prater

Def: Miami Dolphins

Thanks for the feedback. FYI, I too am looking to drop Kevin Smith for Westbrook since I have Gore as a starter.
    Quote Quote