Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'll rate your fantasy team here:

1. -31
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 team league, and I had the 4th pick in a snake draft.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning
    RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Justin Forsett, Marion Barber, Montario Hardesty
    WR: Desean Jackson, Anquam Boldin, Derrick Mason, Devery Henderson
    TE: Owen Daniels, Kevin Boss
    D/ST: Ravens
    K: Stephen Gostowski
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just had my 4th and final fantasy draft of the season. Unfortunately, I was ready for it an hour before the draft, then somehow forgot all about it, until the very end of the draft. Made a few FA moves though. Anyways it's a 12 man IDP league where KR/PR yards are 1 point every 10 yards. Tackles are 1 point each while all other stats (INT's, Fumbles, etc.) are 2 points each. Start a QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, a TE, a WR/TE, and a WR/RB, as well as a K, 2 DB's, 2 DL, 2 LB's.

QB- Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck. I think Cutler can have a great season under Mike Martz.
    RB- Shonn Green, Jonathan Stewart, Jahvid Best, Jerome Harrison, Chester Taylor
    WR- Randy Moss, Johnny Knox (KR yards as well), Hakeem Nicks, Demaryius Thomas.
    TE- Jermichael Finley, Zach Miller, Kevin Boss
    K- Nate Kaeding

DL- Aaron Kampman, Antwan Odom, John Abraham
    DB- Lardarius Webb (KR), Louis Delmas, Eric Berry
    LB- Paul Posluszny, Bradie James, Nick Barnett

Picked up Kevin Boss and dropped Josh Wilson because Miller and Finley have the same bye week. Putting both on the trade block in hopes of trading one for a WR. May pick Wilson back up if he's back as the starting KR this season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    10 man draft league; you have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a RB/WR
    QB: Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning
    RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Justin Forsett, Montario Hardesty, Marion Barber
    WR: Anquan Boldin, Desean Jackson, Derrick Mason, Devery Henderson
    TE: Owen Daniels, Kevin Boss
    K: Stephen Gostkowski

Alright a little behind after being busy the whole weekend so let's get right to this.

QB - Rodgers is going to be a stud this year again, he's been the #1 or #2 fantasy QB the last 2 years and if anything his O line might be better this year. As soon as he wins a Super Bowl the cheese heads will be happy Farve was sent packing. Eli is a solid backup almost a low end starter in a 10 team league so you are very solid there.

RB - Pretty good group here, Rice should put up top 10 numbers, I'm not as sold as some on him equaling last years results but overall the Raven offense should be better and lead to more chances. Brown/Williams, the Dolphins will run and run effectively, the worry here is that you end up with two very good RB3's and neither gets enough carries to be an every week start. If Ronnie gets 70 to 75% of the carries (I think he will assuming he is 100%) then he should be very good for you. Getting Ricky was good insurance. I like Barber a lot this year, I think Jones will steal some carries especially between the 20's but Barber's best season's were when he was used from the 20 in and kept fresh to finish teams off in the 4th quarter. He'll be a solid RB this year. Forsett worth a flyer, hard to tell how Seattle will use the RB's yet with Washington just back. Hardesty I like but don't expect much until the end of the season.

WR - This is the area I think you are a little weak. I like Boldin, he should be a low end WR1 and fits well with the Ravens. DeSean Jackson I am predicting to be a bit of a bust this year, Kolb is more a true West Coast QB then McNabb so I expect more crossing and short passes to use his accuracy and think Maclin might end up the better WR in Philly. He'll make some big plays but not as much as last year. Mason is an ok bye week guy but on the same team as your best WR which loses some value. Henderson is borderline if he should even be drafted in a league with this small of rosters.

TE - Daniels is the key here, I love the guys talent and the offense but this is a big week for him. He gets an MRI and sees Dr Andrews to hopefully get clearance to be back at practice full time. If he is cleared and has no set backs you have a gem, if not be prepared to have him on your bench for a few weeks. Tough part of having and early draft. Boss, ok backup, nothing special, I might have taken a chance on a couple of the rookies hoping to hit it big.

Overall I'm pretty torn on this team, you are right between a B and a C grade, a lot in your case depends on how the other teams drafted. I'm going to give you a C at this point because of the unknown in how Miami will split the carries and when Daniels will be back for sure. If Ronnie gets most of the work and Owen is back you should make the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zachequalsgod View Post
    Just looking for some feedback on my team... didn't play last year for the 1st time in 4 years and felt lost at this years draft. I feel great about my team. 10 man league - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, DEF.

QB - Eli Manning, Jay Cutler
    RB - A. Peterson, C. Benson, R. Bush, D. McFadden, C. Portis
    WR - L. Fitzgerald, R. Wayne, S. Smith (CAR), S. Holmes, D. Mason
    K - G. Hartley
    DEF - Chargers
    (Originally Drafted B. Favre and Hines Ward, but have already traded them for Fitzgerald and Cutler)
    Understood, taking a year off and you start to lose track of who is a good fantasy player vs who is a good football player.

QB - Cutler is probably your guy here although you might start spot Eli based on matchups. Both are lower half guys in a 10 team league but if you play the matchups right your total QB points for a starter can be right up there.

RB - ADP will be top 5 you can pencil that in and take it to the bank, solid and consistent. Benson I like, he's only had the one good year which normally scares me but he still seems to have something to prove and the improved passing game may actually help him a little in yards even if it costs a TD or two. Portis and Bush are ok bye week fill ins, I actually like Portis to have a decent year this year because he know Shanny's offense already. I probably would have liked to have a seen a little better depth here but barring injury your top two will be very good.

WR - Nice depth here, I've said before I think Fitz falls off this year and is going earlier in drafts then I would take him but in this case I like the way you got him. Wayne is another guy I have a little lower then some but still a WR1. So while both are little lower in my ranking then some other peoples the fact that you managed to land both is very solid. Steve Smith is again the same as the others, I have him a little lower then the WR2 most are drafting him for but as a WR3 I think you did well. Holmes could provide a nice spark when he is back if he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Mason I think will be a third option in Baltimore so don't expect much there.

TE - ? Did you not draft one or forget to list them ?

I'll give you an incomplete for now until we see the TE but you are on your way to a solid B to B+
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, got everyone that posted a team on page 1. I'll list my first regular draft of the year that took place Sunday night, had the 10th pick.

10 team league but with huge starting lineups (start 2 QB's) and rosters. Return yards also count (1 pt per 30)

Start - QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, K, DEF, LB, LB, DB, DB, DL

QB - Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, KyleOrton
    RB - Ryan Mathews, Pierre Thomas, CJ Spiller (Flex), Ahmad Bradshaw (Flex), Chester Taylor, Mike Bell
    WR - Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin, Jeremy Maclin, Jacoby Jones, Jabar Gaffney, Ted Ginn
    TE - Jermichael Finley, Anthony Fasano
    K - Nate Keading
    D - San Francisco
    LB - DJ Williams, Karlos Dansby
    DB - Yeremiah Bell, Brandon Flowers, Cortland Finnegan
    DL - Darnell Dockett
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 team league having to start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, RB/WR, TE, D/ST, and K.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Vince Young
    RB: Jonathan Stewart, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams, Thomas Jones, Kevin Smith, Darren Sproles
    WR: Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Pierre Garcon, Early Doucet
    TE: Owen Daniels, John Carlson
    K: Mason Crosby
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are a 12 team league that starts:
    QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    TE
    WR/TE
    WR/RB
    Team D
    Kicker
    6 bench spots

I drafted 5th, and we are a PPR league, and we reward 1 point for every 25 return yards. Our QBs get 6 points for a passing TD. Non Keeper, and I am the reigning champ. Below is my team and the order I drafted them in. THanks in advance!

QB- Kevin Kolb
    RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
    RB- Pierre Thomas
    WR- Calvin Johnson
    WR- Steve Smith
    WR- Steve Smith
    TE- Brent Celek
    W/R- Reggie Bush
    W/T- Mike Wallace
    D- Vikings
    K- Kris Brown
    Bench- Devin Thomas
    Bench- Rashad Jennings
    Bench- Michael Bush
    Bench- John Carlson
    Bench- Jason Snelling
    Bench- Ben Roethlisberger

1. MJD
    2. Megatron
    3. The New Steve Smith
    4. PT Cruiser
    5. Brent Celek
    6. The Old Steve Smith (lead the league in Steve Smiths)
    7. Mike Wallace
    8. Reggie Bush
    9. Kevin Kolb
    10. Michael Bush (2 Bushes and 1 Johnson, I like that ratio)
    11. Vikings D
    12. Devin THomas
    13. John Carlson
    14. Ben RoethlisRaper
    15. Jason Snelling
    16. Rashad Jennings (MJD handcuff)
    17. Kris Brown
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish Pirate View Post
    Understood, taking a year off and you start to lose track of who is a good fantasy player vs who is a good football player.

QB - Cutler is probably your guy here although you might start spot Eli based on matchups. Both are lower half guys in a 10 team league but if you play the matchups right your total QB points for a starter can be right up there.

RB - ADP will be top 5 you can pencil that in and take it to the bank, solid and consistent. Benson I like, he's only had the one good year which normally scares me but he still seems to have something to prove and the improved passing game may actually help him a little in yards even if it costs a TD or two. Portis and Bush are ok bye week fill ins, I actually like Portis to have a decent year this year because he know Shanny's offense already. I probably would have liked to have a seen a little better depth here but barring injury your top two will be very good.

WR - Nice depth here, I've said before I think Fitz falls off this year and is going earlier in drafts then I would take him but in this case I like the way you got him. Wayne is another guy I have a little lower then some but still a WR1. So while both are little lower in my ranking then some other peoples the fact that you managed to land both is very solid. Steve Smith is again the same as the others, I have him a little lower then the WR2 most are drafting him for but as a WR3 I think you did well. Holmes could provide a nice spark when he is back if he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Mason I think will be a third option in Baltimore so don't expect much there.

TE - ? Did you not draft one or forget to list them ?

I'll give you an incomplete for now until we see the TE but you are on your way to a solid B to B+
    WHOOPS! Yeah, just forgot to list my TE.

TE - Dallas Clark

No depth, figured I can add/drop one of my RBs for a below average TE for my bye. Thanks so much for your feedback though.
    I'm not a Mets fan, but I can relate:
    "Being a Mets Fan is like being in love with an Alcoholic. "people ask why don't you just leave them" We Can't "cause we love them". Even though we know they are not going to change..." - Jim Breuer

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zachequalsgod View Post
    WHOOPS! Yeah, just forgot to list my TE.

TE - Dallas Clark

No depth, figured I can add/drop one of my RBs for a below average TE for my bye. Thanks so much for your feedback though.
    Clark is one of the top TE's you did well there.

Final Grade - B+, you should make the playoffs and be a contender.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    12 league team.

QB: Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinart
    RB: Deangelo Williams, Lesean McCoy, Ricky Williams
    WR: Andre Johnson, Devery Henderson, Jeremy Maclin, Jabar Gaffney
    TE: Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis
    K: Dan Carpenter, Sebastion Janikowski
    D: Jets, Dolphins

I don't really like this team. I got ****ed over in the draft.
    I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, I've seen much worse.

QB - Rivers is right outside the top 5 QB's and trying to get in the door and is one of the favorites to make that leap. His biggest issue will be if someone steps up with VJax MIA to keep Gates from double teams. Leinart....well, you better check the waiver wire, good chance he isn't even the starter.

RB - DWill is again the top of the 2nd tier of RB's and has the potential to be a stud. He's shown flashes but Stewart vultures carries and TD's. Stewart has an injury history so you never know, he'll be solid regardless. McCoy I am indifferent on, living in the Philly area local radio is convinced he he'll be Westbrook in his prime, nationally it seems there are some questions. he should be an average RB2, in a PPR league maybe a better RB2. How much they use Bell inside the 10 will be big. Ricky is a decent bye week filler. I'd really like to see more depth here, that is a major concern.

WR - Andre Johnson = STUD, sit back and enjoy the best WR in the game. This is where things fall off for you. Maclin might end up the better WR in Philly this year, he fits better with Kolb but he should probably only be a a WR3, starting in a league that starts 3 wide outs. Gaffney is guy I like as a WR4 and bye week filler, Henderson is a deep bench guy at best. He are going to be giving up points here each week.

TE - Well you have potential to be stacked here. Davis finally lived up to his talent last year and should be a stud again. If Daniels is back from his injury and plays like last year you have two of the big time TE's and maybe some trade bait for a decent WR2.

I'd grade you a C right now, solid QB, decent RB's and a stud WR, great TE's. Lack of depth at RB and and a tru WR2 is what you'll need to overcome. You should have some big games but you'll need some luck to make a run.
    Quote Quote