Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Running?!

1. -1
    New York Phins Phan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Legs Running?!

Hey all,

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a great Madden player, I pretty much stick with ranked online games and Madden Moments. However, I am have real difficulty running the ball. I understand there are tactics to use between the right stick and the buttons but I end up guessing most of the time on which move will be affective and, to no surprise, am usually dragged down at the first contact. I've tried practicing but it is more or less an NFL version of DDR. I'm told what buttons to push but not WHY I'm pushing them.

Anyone have any suggestions or tactics? I hate seeing such talented backs being shut out because I donít know what I'm doing. Please help!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haha..I used the X button most of the time.. are you having trouble in the backfield? or beyond the line of scrimmage?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    New York Phins Phan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mostly in the back field, I cant seem to break the line. ESPECIALLY on wildcat plays that arent sweeps.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1126 View Post
    Mostly in the back field, I cant seem to break the line. ESPECIALLY on wildcat plays that arent sweeps.
    Yea they dont work very well...The player taking the snap does like a little hitch before they can move it really hinders you running the ball with that guy..

When I run the ball I try to run to Jake Long side..cause he is our best run blocker...I try to run the simple running plays..rather than than the counters and traps..

I dont think they work very well with the fins..I run dives and iso's

I try to run out of 3 wr sets depending out the defense is doing..

check out of runs when you have to...8 in the box..run away from the blitz

Also pay attention to what the defense is doing..If the D is coming out in smaller personal set, Ie nickel, dime, or if they are using 3-4 when with 4-3 personal run the ball straight ahead..avoid the sweeps in those situations..

Ronnie is a beast this year..
    Good luck!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    New York Phins Phan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Draw plays in single back sets, and shotgun work well. Pinch your line as your line adjustment. Look to get outside once the ends over pursue. Off tackle runs work good to Longs side. Look at the preplay block scheme and try to get a feel for what d players are going to be double teamed and which ones are single blocked. also be patient don't always take the plays lead. There are usually cut back lanes. If it aint there instead of trying to run side ways get what you can by running straight ahead. If it don't work keep at it. Try running out of pass formations. Passing out of run formations. Its a lot about deception. If you come out in a 2 back 2te 1wr set they are going to look run early and may never change out of it.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ace Formation - Jumbo set - Counter to the left = money in the bank with the speed of reggie bush. if defense is stacked to the left audible to quick run up the middle. Always set your audibles to where you have running plays going to the left and the right and use the quick run for the middle (not to waste an audible) and try to keep the 3 runs in a formation you use alot so your opponent doesnt actually know your using an audible. hope that helps
    Quote Quote