Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If this preseason worries you...

1. -11
    Die Hard Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...&split=Overall
    http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...&split=Overall

Okay maybe this will shed some light on what the preseason really means. In 2008 the Lions had the number one defense in the NFL during the preseason and their net points topped the NFL. Oh, and they didn't lose a preseason game. This story doesn't have a fairytale ending for the Lions, because the fourth preseason game was the last game the lions won that year. At least they can they can hold their heads up high, because for that preseason they were CHAMPION'S OF THE GRIDIRON!!!!! Lucky Lions' fans. Wish our preseason was more like theirs.
    "When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know." Bill Parcells
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The preseason doesn't worry me 2 cents.

Its the Secondary, Pass Rush, O-Line, & QB-Improvement that have me worried, along with the 2009-Repeat Vegas odds.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my name is 72champagne and i'm skeered of the regular season. it's been weeks since i've taken my medication. please remember me in your prayers.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not the final score or record in pre season that is a concern. It's the dropped passes, dumb penalties, and lack of execution that is cause for concern. Play calling does not fix those errors.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Preason really doesn't mean ****. The only thing it is really good for is seeing your depth players and that's it.. I take little to no credence in the preseason
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And you don't think those teams are worried, too? You don't get pounded with 52 and take a deep breath and say "this is just preseason". That was the Colt starters that got killed. And the Pats defense got destroyed by the Rams and their rookie QB, who just recently was behind AJ Feeley in the depth chart... and then got beat by the Rams 3rd stringer. You think the Pats are simply shrugging it off like it's perfectly ok?

To make things more interesting, the 3rd preseason game is usually the one where starters play the most, and is usually considered the one that better reflects a team's true state. I don't know what the season will hold for all these teams, but should they be worried right now? Heck yeah!
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only thing I'm worried about is OC Henning, which has carried over from last year. Dolphins should pass to run, not run to pass.
    Quote Quote