Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play-by-Play Breakdown of Henne's reps against Atlanta

1. -11
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Concrete feet? This isn't M. Vick..., throwing off one leg and getting pickd off, the guy is a pocket passer he needs a good base not unlike P Manning or T. Brady..., maybe he can learn to step up further but I don't expect much more from Henne - the Oline must compete better
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    Concrete feet? This isn't M. Vick..., throwing off one leg and getting pickd off, the guy is a pocket passer he needs a good base not unlike P Manning or T. Brady..., maybe he can learn to step up further but I don't expect much more from Henne - the Oline must compete better
    He certainly seems to throw well when they roll him out of the pocket. That was their bread-n-butter 3rd and long play last year. But that's not the point. What I'm saying is he takes his 3-5 step drop and just stands there 98% of the time. Which is fine if you have a good pocket and your lanes are clear. But c'mon, this is the NFL. Even Danny had that hop step up or out to avoid a rush. I'm not saying he needs to be super elusive, just make enough of an adjustment to avoid getting sacked or the ball/his arm being swatted. Bottom line is, it'll be his second season starting. He still has a ways to go to be a franchise QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Beastin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-l View Post
    Look guys, we lost 16-6. Chad was 10-22 for 123 yds and a pick with maybe 2 of those being legitimate drops. It was not a pretty game. I provided factual information of the plays then gave my assessment of what I thought went wrong. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. It would be more productive if you provide your assessment of the play instead of just trying to pick apart my assessment.
    i thanked your post and enjoyed the write up... just noting your contradiction... no need to get defensive...

you cant just throw it up to marshall anytime like you said he should when he threw it to Hartline... and you even noted that yourself in the next 3rd down throw... every play is different, you cant see every players routes or coverages when Henne makes his decisions, you dont know how deep the receivers are supposed to be running certain routes, etc...

im not defending Henne, just making the point that these kind of exercises on "decision making" are too difficult because you, nor I, nor anyone who doesn't have a full field view and know the play call can make them accurately...

but again good post and that is why i thanked it

Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    i thanked your post and enjoyed the write up... just noting your contradiction... no need to get defensive...
    First, I appreciate the feedback. It wasn't a contradiction, you took what I said out of context. I said it was a bad decision cause he threw it toward the sideline short of the 1st down with someone behind him.

you cant just throw it up to marshall anytime like you said he should when he threw it to Hartline... and you even noted that yourself in the next 3rd down throw... every play is different, you cant see every players routes or coverages when Henne makes his decisions, you dont know how deep the receivers are supposed to be running certain routes, etc...
    On the play he threw short to Hartline, I knew Marshall was one-on-one cause you can count 8 guys rushing the passer with Bess, Marshall, and Hartline running routes. On the play Marshall caught the ball short, I didn't say he was one-on-one, you couldn't tell. The way that Marshall released off of the line when he was one-on-one, I would assume he was beyond the 1st down. You can assume he wasn't for the sake of arguing. Either way, if I had a choice between Marshall and Hartline in one-on-one coverage short of the 1st down, (IMO) I'm taking Marshall. How much are we paying him? To do what? Throw to Hartline in single coverage short of the first on 3rd and long? I don't mean to be offensive but that was a bad decision.

im not defending Henne, just making the point that these kind of exercises on "decision making" are too difficult because you, nor I, nor anyone who doesn't have a full field view and know the play call can make them accurately...

but again good post and that is why i thanked it
    I doubt the play-call involved not making a first down. This is a results driven business. Given that fact, he didn't make a good decision either way you cut it. Marshall was one-on-one on that play, even if Marshall was short of the first, I would've taken him over Hartline seeing as in that situation, they both were short of the first, my odds would've been on Marshall given his ability to make people miss.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    atlanta blitzed, we didnt. listened to nfl radio today and talked about how some teams blitz in preseason and others do not, which makes preseason a huge deception game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Today's quote:

"Times out there I force things where I shouldn't. That's where I'm learning" -- henne

Thankfully, he realizes this issue.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Beastin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-l View Post
    On the play he threw short to Hartline, I knew Marshall was one-on-one cause you can count 8 guys rushing the passer with Bess, Marshall, and Hartline running routes. On the play Marshall caught the ball short, I didn't say he was one-on-one, you couldn't tell. The way that Marshall released off of the line when he was one-on-one, I would assume he was beyond the 1st down. You can assume he wasn't for the sake of arguing. Either way, if I had a choice between Marshall and Hartline in one-on-one coverage short of the 1st down, (IMO) I'm taking Marshall. How much are we paying him? To do what? Throw to Hartline in single coverage short of the first on 3rd and long? I don't mean to be offensive but that was a bad decision.
    haha its simple... your saying on one play that was a third down, Marshall ran a comeback route to the outside short of the sticks with a defender on him, you said:
    "Complete 2 yds shy of marker to Marshall. 5 man blitz was picked up well. I don't know, maybe throw to a receiver who doesn't have someone draped all over them short of the 1st down?"

but on a different third down when Henne DIDNT throw to Marshall you said, "I'll bank my money on Marshall one-on-one anyday of the week against anyone. Bad decision." yet you have no idea what route he was running, how covered he was, or how short of the first down he was... he could have been more shallow than Hartline and more covered, hell he could have fallen down on the play, you have zero idea...

so all im saying is too many assumptions to say bad decision all the time, Hartline slips out of the tackle on that one play he gets a big gain and all of a sudden its a great decision...

god is it the regular season yet...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    haha its simple... your saying on one play that was a third down, Marshall ran a comeback route to the outside short of the sticks with a defender on him, you said:
    "Complete 2 yds shy of marker to Marshall. 5 man blitz was picked up well. I don't know, maybe throw to a receiver who doesn't have someone draped all over them short of the 1st down?"

but on a different third down when Henne DIDNT throw to Marshall you said, "I'll bank my money on Marshall one-on-one anyday of the week against anyone. Bad decision." yet you have no idea what route he was running, how covered he was, or how short of the first down he was... he could have been more shallow than Hartline and more covered, hell he could have fallen down on the play, you have zero idea...
    Neither do you or Henne cause he never looked anywhere else. He surely wasn't more covered, the guy was all over Hartline. And even when Marshall is covered, he's really not covered. He led him out of bounds on that throw. Bad decision.

so all im saying is too many assumptions to say bad decision all the time, Hartline slips out of the tackle on that one play he gets a big gain and all of a sudden its a great decision...
    Good lord! Let it gooooooo! And how many tackles does Hartline slip out of compared to Marshall? That's the point.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    atlanta blitzed, we didnt. listened to nfl radio today and talked about how some teams blitz in preseason and others do not, which makes preseason a huge deception game.

On top of that you have to think about the fact that usually in the preseason they have a script of plays they want to run no matter what the defense is. So when you have these all out blitz's coming in and Chad isn't calling an audible or changing protection its not because he doesn't know what to do or understand the read. He is running the script because that is what you do in preseason.
    Quote Quote