Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills

  1. -11
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    2,667
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at one of my fantasy drafts this past weekend, some of my freinds were telling me that the ESPN predictions were laughable for everyone. are these the same predictions that put the 9er's finishing last in the NFC west?? and other dumbness?

    i cant get passed the ESPN bias with the Jets this year, and even last year. im not sure what it is. If you saw that Jets/Giants pre-season game it was pretty laughable, it was almost like it was the home radio station broadcasting it with all the interviews, talks etc etc.

    i can only think it has something to do with the media monopoly since the jets are on hardknocks etc. but wow ive never seen a team with this many prime time games etc. i just dont get it b/c sanchez isnt that great and isnt a heismen winner or nething, and rex has a big mouth but so do alot of nfl coaches. so im not sure where this hype is coming from. ESPN is prob the single most pro-jets organization i see too, alot of individual experts etc, are much less quick to annoint the Jets. I really hope they crash and burn this year b/c its really annoying.

    as for the Phins like somone else said anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 .. thats what it should be like. we are an above average team but we are not dominant. It will come down to leadership, coaching, drive and luck. i truely hope we come out with 10 or 11 wins and do something this season in the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    5,591
    vCash:
    4447
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As of right now I see MIA as a 9 win team. Too much youth and too many variables in the LB corp and secondary to think otherwise.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    overworkedirish's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,044
    vCash:
    5338
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DownTheSideline View Post
    Well you're not going to sweep us :P
    Division games are always a challenge. Even with you guys - and listen, I don't say that in a mean way, but you can't deny that the Bills at this point in time are at the bottom of the AFC East with the other powerhouse teams. All due respect, here is a well written list of things the "Bills are going to look stupid for" - written by one of your kinsmen over on the Bills board:

    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=274650

    I understand being a fan bud, but you have to be reasonable about your expectations, which at this point, should be zero.

    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    131
    vCash:
    547
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey DolFan View Post
    at one of my fantasy drafts this past weekend, some of my freinds were telling me that the ESPN predictions were laughable for everyone. are these the same predictions that put the 9er's finishing last in the NFC west?? and other dumbness?

    i cant get passed the ESPN bias with the Jets this year, and even last year. im not sure what it is. If you saw that Jets/Giants pre-season game it was pretty laughable, it was almost like it was the home radio station broadcasting it with all the interviews, talks etc etc.

    i can only think it has something to do with the media monopoly since the jets are on hardknocks etc. but wow ive never seen a team with this many prime time games etc. i just dont get it b/c sanchez isnt that great and isnt a heismen winner or nething, and rex has a big mouth but so do alot of nfl coaches. so im not sure where this hype is coming from. ESPN is prob the single most pro-jets organization i see too, alot of individual experts etc, are much less quick to annoint the Jets. I really hope they crash and burn this year b/c its really annoying.

    as for the Phins like somone else said anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 .. thats what it should be like. we are an above average team but we are not dominant. It will come down to leadership, coaching, drive and luck. i truely hope we come out with 10 or 11 wins and do something this season in the playoffs.
    I don't post much, but .... That's IT, it's the fact that it's New York. And the fact that it's a good looking quarterback (debatable, I guess) that played in L.A. who came to New York. We shouldn't take offense to it. They got lucky to even get into the playoffs last year. ... I wonder if people would be so high on them had they missed they playoffs completely (which they should have, take away luck and circumstance). The fact is, they're not THAT good.

    Sure, the defense performed well last year, but please, the defense gave up 31 points to us (in a game where Ted Ginn DID NOT return two kickoffs for touchdowns). That was against a first-year starting quarterback in primetime. And these are not knocks against Henne because he could (and will) do it time after time after time in games, but that people are hyped about the Jets is a mystery to me. The only reason they are high on them is because they are based in New York.

    That they upset Cincinnati and San Diego in the playoffs is an afterthought ... Miami could have done the same thing with a break here and/or there, and wouldn't have seen half as much national publicity. They are hyped because they are New York. And hopefully they — (particularly Rex and Bart) — will be as vocal when they they MISS the playoffs!
    Last edited by chriscarter; 08-31-2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    JC's Avatar
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    5,368
    vCash:
    10614
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just love how they say Chad Henne is a young quarterback who could struggle, when Sanchez threw more interceptions than he did. I seriously cannot wait for the Jets to fall so flat on their ***.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Realistically, until you get a QB, an O-Line, and a front 7, six wins for the Bills is generous to say the least. But saying the Dolphins will have the same record as last year after adding Marshall, Dansby and Nolan is pretty laughable.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've come to terms with ESPN being biased, and pretty much clueless about anything that isn't college football. When it comes to the NFL, ESPN is about as bad as it gets.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2009
    Posts:
    100
    vCash:
    1774
    Thanks / No Thanks

    reply to posted thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by overworkedirish View Post
    Division games are always a challenge. Even with you guys - and listen, I don't say that in a mean way, but you can't deny that the Bills at this point in time are at the bottom of the AFC East with the other powerhouse teams. All due respect, here is a well written list of things the "Bills are going to look stupid for" - written by one of your kinsmen over on the Bills board:

    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=274650

    I understand being a fan bud, but you have to be reasonable about your expectations, which at this point, should be zero.
    A three month old thread from the BBMB should not hold that much water for your point.
    I have seen alot more threads talking about going 2-0 by catching the Packers off guard than posts worrying about losing the home oppener.(on BBMB)
    Not only should you look at the points that were made but the responses given.
    No Bills fans had even seen Spiller run when that was written.
    Alot of fans have changed thier tune about the majority of that list.
    Don't be one of the many Fish fans who are upset and surprised by the Bills success this season.
    We were 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 with possibly the single worst coach in the league.
    20+ players on IR.
    want to know a funny??? we are trying to find a way to keep our #4 RB on the team because he is so good we can't afford to let him see the PS.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2009
    Posts:
    100
    vCash:
    1774
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Realistically, until you get a QB, an O-Line, and a front 7, six wins for the Bills is generous to say the least. But saying the Dolphins will have the same record as last year after adding Marshall, Dansby and Nolan is pretty laughable.
    Same O-line and QB that got us 7-9, 7-9, 6-10.
    they were on rotation to the hospital as well last year.
    you think getting rid of Jauron will make us worse?
    you are in for a shock.

    but that's O.K. ESPN will say something stupid like how henne messed it up or how the dolphins looked past the Bills.
    no worries, we're used to it.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,801
    vCash:
    48442
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinocoach View Post
    Same O-line and QB that got us 7-9, 7-9, 6-10.
    they were on rotation to the hospital as well last year.
    you think getting rid of Jauron will make us worse?
    you are in for a shock.

    but that's O.K. ESPN will say something stupid like how henne messed it up or how the dolphins looked past the Bills.
    no worries, we're used to it.
    Adding Chan Gailey is a real upgrade

    Your strengths are your secondary and CJ Spiller. Your defense was 30th against the run which doesn't bode well against either the Dolphins or Jets. Your OL is terrible and your team chose to draft an RB that was not needed over a LT which was critical. Trent Edwards is unreliable and when he's good he's average at best.

    I expect a tough game in Buffalo because the Dolphins historically struggle there, but I will be very surprised if you get more then 5 wins.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills predictions
    By Ricky_Fan34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
  2. Dolphins v Bills Predictions
    By Phinsfan210 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 12:35 AM
  3. Bills/Dolphins Predictions.......
    By gr8slayer in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 05:00 PM
  4. Week 13 Guru: Dolphins/Bills (Place your predictions here)
    By Migs182005 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 03:22 AM
  5. It is a little early, but lets get the Dolphins Bills predictions started
    By iceblizzard69 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-31-2001, 02:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •