Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 51 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 518

Thread: **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,864
    vCash:
    2393
    Thanks / No Thanks

    **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

    Have fun and play rough boys...


    R
    O
    L
    L

    T
    I
    D
    E
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,963
    vCash:
    1133
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hate to say it but i see you guys repeating for a title. team is so stacked and deep at every position it's borderline not fair. how many off the chart RB's can a team have? and who the hell is this lacy kid?

    as of right now i see the tide as having the best back (2 even) in the country - ingram - the best ILB - hightower - the best DE - dareus - and the second best WR - jones. am i missing anything? you fugging kidding me with this?

    i was pretty hammered by the time the bama game came on - need to watch it again - but i that was about as impressed as i get. i hope the auburn game wasn't a fluke b/c it's been a long time since i've looked forward to that rivalry game. i wouldn't worry about arkansas - that D isn't good enough. and florida - fugg - you'll kill us with predictable *** addazio calling the shots. auburn is the only one i think has the coaching and talent on either side of the ball. when was the last time auburn had an offense worth a fugg? i can't even remember.


    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,864
    vCash:
    2393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Auburn's offense in 2004 was pretty good with Jason Campbell, Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Devin Aromashadu, Ben Obamanu, etc., etc,...

    What makes Auburn's offense so tough to defend is Gus Malzahn.... he uses so much deception and movement that all 11 guys on defense have their eyes going in 11 different directions... and that's just before the snap...

    I thought Mississippi St. looked good yesterday too.. real good... Chad Bumphis and Leon Berry are as talented as any 2 receivers in the conference outside of Julio and A.J. Green.... and with McPhee and K.J. Wright on defense, they are a formidable opponent now that Mullen is getting his offense installed...



    Eddie Lacy is a kid that the Bama faithful have known about... he was recruited out of Louisiana and redshirted last year... Namor and I have talked about him quite a bit... he'd be starting in most places... and that's not even taking into account Goode at tailback who's almost of the same caliber..

    Alabama showed VERY little on offense yesterday for opponents... that's as vanilla as it gets and never even got the TE Michael Williams involved in the passing game... the backups were playing by the 2nd quarter... A.J. McCarron is going to be lights out when GMac moves on...

    Hell, Bama's kicker Cade Foster is more physical than a lot of teams linebackers.... and that's not a joke... this kid was a linebacker in high school and is one of the strongest weight room guys around... He's like Bosher from Miami... he'll run down and lay the wood on ball carriers in the kick return game...

    Bottom line is, this is just a really good, talented, and deep football team that's extremely well coached in all 3 phases.... and that's hard to beat. They're talented enough to overcome mistakes... but good enough that they just don't make many to begin with.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,531
    vCash:
    5089
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I thought Mississippi St. looked good yesterday too.. real good... Chad Bumphis and Leon Berry are as talented as any 2 receivers in the conference outside of Julio and A.J. Green.... and with McPhee and K.J. Wright on defense, they are a formidable opponent now that Mullen is getting his offense installed...
    I've been saying this for months now (and getting chastised for it by the rest of the Gator Faithful all along the way) but I am fully prepared for MSU to come in to BHG and kick our *** this year. It is the classic "Gator Trap" game that we've found a way to blow for nearly every last one of the past 13 seasons. And they do look good. It's always a team from the SEC West. It's always an underdog. Whether it's at home or on the road doesn't matter and they've done it do us before.

    The last time we ever played on a Thursday night, they beat the **** out of us in Starkville in '92. I called it in 2000, and they delivered with vengeance (only to have us answer them with a 52-0 beating the next season). In 2004, they drove the final nail in Ron Zook's UF coffin, and I didn't even watch. Never did.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,864
    vCash:
    2393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I've been saying this for months now (and getting chastised for it by the rest of the Gator Faithful all along the way) but I am fully prepared for MSU to come in to BHG and kick our *** this year. It is the classic "Gator Trap" game that we've found a way to blow for nearly every last one of the past 13 seasons. And they do look good. It's always a team from the SEC West. It's always an underdog. Whether it's at home or on the road doesn't matter and they've done it do us before.

    The last time we ever played on a Thursday night, they beat the **** out of us in Starkville in '92. I called it in 2000, and they delivered with vengeance (only to have us answer them with a 52-0 beating the next season). In 2004, they drove the final nail in Ron Zook's UF coffin, and I didn't even watch. Never did.

    I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

    Florida seems to have trouble with Miss. St. especially in Starkville...

    If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,445
    vCash:
    6833
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

    Florida seems to have trouble with Miss. St. especially in Starkville...

    If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...
    See..it's games like this, a Boise State doesn't have to worry about...rough,hard physical rivalry games,
    then turn around get ready for another one 6 days later....it's brutal at times.
    At anytime a Ole Miss,Miss State, or a S.Carolina can pop up and bite you in the ***.
    South Carolina could go 10-2 or better with Boise State's schedule.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,531
    vCash:
    5089
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

    Florida seems to have trouble with Miss. St. especially in Starkville...

    If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...
    I still remember Spurrier's damn voluntary safety that he had Grossman take in 2000 on 3rd and 57 after two bad snaps that put us down by 10 points because he simply didn't trust his defense.

    It isn't just MSU, it's the entire SEC West. 1998 was the last season that did not feature a UF loss to a team from the West. That 12-year span includes losses to every team from the West except for poor Arkansas who still hasn't beaten us since they joined the conference. And we didn't even win the SEC in '98. That was a shame too, because that team was good. I was at the Orange Bowl that night. We kicked the crap outta McNabb and Syracuse. Lost close/controversial games to the two teams who played for the title that year (UT-FSU).
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,445
    vCash:
    6833
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Next up..Penn State
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,445
    vCash:
    6833
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look, I know there is hard feelings toward Saban from the Dolphin crowd,but he just realized he wasn't happy as a pro coach.
    The man LOVES to recruit...He is made for the college game..almost "Bear" like.
    The scary thing is,if Saban hadn't left LSU...can you imagine the dynasty they would have.
    Bama is set up talent wise for several years at the top.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,963
    vCash:
    1133
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Look, I know there is hard feelings toward Saban from the Dolphin crowd,but he just realized he wasn't happy as a pro coach.
    The man LOVES to recruit...He is made for the college game..almost "Bear" like.
    The scary thing is,if Saban hadn't left LSU...can you imagine the dynasty they would have.
    Bama is set up talent wise for several years at the top.
    he screwed us. i'm over it.

    he's a much, much better college than pro coach. his heart was never in it - wouldn't have worked. recruiting is his passion - and there's none better if you ask me.

    and slimm - that safety we were talking about that plays with my little brother and declared for bama - now #10 on rivals.com. fugg.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ***** Alabama Crimson Tide vs Miami Dolphins *****
    By Trifecta Nation in forum SPAM
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Alabama Crimson Tide: National Champs. But What If..
    By mnofdichotomy in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 04:52 AM
  3. Alabama Crimson Tide #1
    By Namor in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
  4. Alabama Crimson Tide
    By t2thejz in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM
  5. alabama crimson tide
    By finataxia24 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •