Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 648

Thread: **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

  1. -231
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,527
    vCash:
    7330
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way "Who made up Fla's schedule"?.. Bama at home,then LSU at Baton Rouge,
    then off to Jordan-Hare...Damn....but thats life in the SEC...things can get brutal
    real quick.....
    Quote Quote  

  2. -232
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,098
    vCash:
    4215
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    By the way "Who made up Fla's schedule"?.. Bama at home,then LSU at Baton Rouge,
    then off to Jordan-Hare...Damn....but thats life in the SEC...things can get brutal
    real quick.....


    They make up for by making sure they don't travel outside the state of Florida to play an OOC game, or schedule a ranked OOC opponent away from Gainesville.

    The SEC schedule is brutal on everybody.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -233
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,209
    vCash:
    5108
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    They make up for by making sure they don't travel outside the state of Florida to play an OOC game, or schedule a ranked OOC opponent away from Gainesville.

    The SEC schedule is brutal on everybody.
    Well FSU is ranked every now and then. Not like they used to be in the 90s though. As for the three West teams on the sched, it's just how the rotations go. Played the same 3 teams in '06 except LSU was at home and they won it all. UGA doesn't have to play LSU or Bama this year. I guess sometimes it does pay to be Georgia.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -234
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,098
    vCash:
    4215
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Well FSU is ranked every now and then. Not like they used to be in the 90s though. As for the three West teams on the sched, it's just how the rotations go. Played the same 3 teams in '06 except LSU was at home and they won it all. UGA doesn't have to play LSU or Bama this year. I guess sometimes it does pay to be Georgia.

    The home-and-home with FSU is the only OOC opponent Florida has played away from Gainesville since Namor was a freshman. G'ville to T'hasse is hardly a road trip.

    LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc... all travel to play ranked opponents on top of playing the brutal SEC schedules.

    Foley has plenty of money available in the athletic department for gas and a hotel room... the Crocs need to step up and play somebody.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -235
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,209
    vCash:
    5108
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The home-and-home with FSU is the only OOC opponent Florida has played away from Gainesville since Namor was a freshman. G'ville to T'hasse is hardly a road trip.

    LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc... all travel to play ranked opponents on top of playing the brutal SEC schedules.

    Foley has plenty of money available in the athletic department for gas and a hotel room... the Crocs need to step up and play somebody.
    Does @Miami in 2013 count?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -236
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,098
    vCash:
    4215
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Does @Miami in 2013 count?


    Not exactly...



    Quote Quote  

  7. -237
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,527
    vCash:
    7330
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DEAD!!!!!....Why is this forum dead this year?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -238
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,209
    vCash:
    5108
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rocky Flop
    Quote Quote  

  9. -239
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,424
    vCash:
    4852
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    You Bammers watching that special on ESPN about the Bama-Auburn rivalry?




    Quote Quote  

  10. -240
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,098
    vCash:
    4215
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did we miss anything besides ESPN's attempt to make Auburn appear as Alabama's equal?

    I suppose it may have been interesting to an outsider, but there's no way to understand the rivalry unless you live it.

    I thought it was poorly done... they made some maniac fan from Texas who poisoned the Toomer's Trees as the official spokesperson and representative of the Alabama fanbase. It was told through the eyes of obnoxious Paul Finebaum callers from both sides (straightjacket Jim from Tuscaloosa, Tammy the mouth, etc.)

    They could've done a lot more to bring such a rich and storied rivalry to the casual observer.

    Basically, we're all a bunch of uneducated hicks on both sides who scream into a phone everyday to each other on Paul Finebaum's radio show.


    The best way I can explain what the rivalry is really like is how it pertains to everyday life, and everybody in the state. The rivalry between Alabama and Auburn never ends. It's a 365 day a year event.... not just during football season, and not just the week of the Iron Bowl.

    If two people happen to be mowing their lawns at the same time, and one is a Bama fan, the other an Auburn fan... you can bet your a** the Iron Bowl of lawn mowing is fixing to break out right then and there.

    At the gas pump... at the grocery store... car wash... doesn't matter. It never stops.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ***** Alabama Crimson Tide vs Miami Dolphins *****
    By Trifecta Nation in forum SPAM
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Alabama Crimson Tide: National Champs. But What If..
    By mnofdichotomy in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 04:52 AM
  3. Alabama Crimson Tide #1
    By Namor in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
  4. Alabama Crimson Tide
    By t2thejz in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM
  5. alabama crimson tide
    By finataxia24 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •