Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

1. -461
    Finatical Finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    What you just stated requires more miracles than Auburn has received in their past two weeks.

Dope move by Nick Saban to try that field goal and not play the return. Alabama players failed to get into position on the return and ended up playing about 9 on 5.
    Exactly, Saban got out coached....period! FSU would have beat em by double digits. Say good bye crimson tide, FSU will reign as champs the next couple years. If the Canes don't overtake em!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -462
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn, rapeis Winston?

Jump the gun much, Richard?

Let's let due process take place before you get your tampon stuck wv.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -463
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Listen, Nick Saban is a great coach, but he ain't in Bear Bryant's category, nor was he ever close to it. Whether it be on the radio, tv, newspaper, or anywhere else.... I always cringe at the Saban/Bryant comparisons that they try to make. He doesn't have the mental toughness of Coach Bryant.
    There's no denying that The Little Dicktator is a great college coach - but Bear Bryant was a brave-trailblazing, iconic GOAT excelling in an era where football was played in the largely unimpeded way it was intended. Comparing him to the Fins' now maybe second most detested quitter (in light of recent events) is akin to comparing Cherry Garcia to Schweddy Balls.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -464
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalFinfan View Post
    Exactly, Saban got out coached....period! FSU would have beat em by double digits. Say good bye crimson tide, FSU will reign as champs the next couple years. If the Canes don't overtake em!!!
    Not sure that he was totally out-coached. He put the defense in the hands of Kirby Smart and Kirby's kids really got toasted extra crispy on the final Auburn drive where Marshall did the flip pass.

That's just a great heads up play by Nick Marshall. And, even the decision to kick the field goal with 0:01 remaining wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. As Slimm said, it was very poor of Saban and Co. to kick the field goal and then have lineman standing around ill-prepared for the return. That's what truly beat Alabama. Auburn kids were ready and expecting a return of sorts. Once the football was in the air, Auburn was in return mode. Alabama kids were standing around waiting for overtime to begin. Auburn is 9 on 5 in the return game. You'll win that battle every single time guaranteed.

Quote Quote  

5. -465
    Finatical Finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Not sure that he was totally out-coached. He put the defense in the hands of Kirby Smart and Kirby's kids really got toasted extra crispy on the final Auburn drive where Marshall did the flip pass.

That's just a great heads up play by Nick Marshall. And, even the decision to kick the field goal with 0:01 remaining wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. As Slimm said, it was very poor of Saban and Co. to kick the field goal and then have lineman standing around ill-prepared for the return. That's what truly beat Alabama. Auburn kids were ready and expecting a return of sorts. Once the football was in the air, Auburn was in return mode. Alabama kids were standing around waiting for overtime to begin. Auburn is 9 on 5 in the return game. You'll win that battle every single time guaranteed.
    You are right, I allowed some of my hatred for the man (and tooooo many beers lol) cloud my judgement....I tell my wife to hide my iPad on nights like this as much as I dislike what he did and how he did it to the fins, he is a really good coach and he did not get out coached last night. What an amazing finish, one that will be talked about and shown on sport shows for many years to come, especially during this time each year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -466
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Listen, Nick Saban is a great coach, but he ain't in Bear Bryant's category, nor was he ever close to it. Whether it be on the radio, tv, newspaper, or anywhere else.... I always cringe at the Saban/Bryant comparisons that they try to make. He doesn't have the mental toughness of Coach Bryant.
    To be fair, that's not really a knock on Saban. I'm not an Alabama fan and I'm perfectly happy to see them lose with Saban in charge, but Bear Bryant was one of a kind and anyone who isn't in awe of that man's coaching resume is an idiot.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

7. -467
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    To be fair, that's not really a knock on Saban. I'm not an Alabama fan and I'm perfectly happy to see them lose with Saban in charge, but Bear Bryant was one of a kind and anyone who isn't in awe of that man's coaching resume is an idiot.

I wasn't necessarily saying it as a knock on Saban. I don't know of any coach with the mental toughness of Bear. I guess my point is that I've long grown tired of hearing the comparison made by media that have no idea what they're talking about to begin with.

However, it's Saban's comments lately that prove that he has a difficult time handling the pressure of the expectations that HE himself has built at Alabama. Him and wife Terry both with a lot of complaints lately about how the pressure to win at Alabama is getting to him. You'd never hear that out of Coach Bryant.

Coach Bryant took on an entire state Government that threatened to cut off funding for the University if he allowed black players to play during a time of racial unrest...and it's not just what he did there, it's HOW he did it. His coaching resume stands alone, but it's the lives that he affected here in this state on a personal level that are still felt to this day. Just normal everyday people that you'll never hear about. I know. Because I am one.

I'm able to remember when we played TCU in '74 in Birmingham in a game the paralyzed Kent Waldrep. Bear didn't even go back to Tuscaloosa with the team, he stayed at the hospital with Waldrep. Not even TCU's own coaches or players stayed behind for him the way Coach Bryant did. Not only that, he helped pay for all of his medical bills and special accessories that he would need for the rest of his life. Bryant stayed in contact with Waldrep for the rest of his life. People need to read Waldrep's own account of Coach Bryant.

Furthermore, Bryant endowed a scholarship at Alabama that allowed Kent Waldrep's son to attend on the Bryant Scholarship.... the first time that scholarship has ever gone to the son of an opposing player.

I was able to meet Coach Bryant at Legion Field in Birmingham on September 10th, 1977. I was only an 11 year old kid at the time. He made an impression on me in the matter of 10 minutes that will last for as long as I'm alive. The number of people that feel exactly the same way is so numerous that it's unknowable. But you can't spend much time with your feet touching pavement in the state of Alabama and not hear the stories from people. He was much more than a football coach here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -468
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    There's no denying that The Little Dicktator is a great college coach - but Bear Bryant was a brave-trailblazing, iconic GOAT excelling in an era where football was played in the largely unimpeded way it was intended. Comparing him to the Fins' now maybe second most detested quitter (in light of recent events) is akin to comparing Cherry Garcia to Schweddy Balls.

Well, the reality is that Saban is a great coach, period. There is no qualifying it with "college coach". He was a great defensive coach in the NFL. There's a lot of successful NFL coaches that wouldn't last long in Tuscaloosa, or Auburn, or Austin, Texas, or Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The pressure to win at some of these college destinations is far greater than it is in the NFL. You have to win, on top of the pressure of answering to boosters, alumni, your superiors in the athletic department, and the fanbase firsthand. You don't just answer to an owner like you do in the NFL.... who are typically for the most part, clueless..... and only concerned with lining their pockets and selling tickets as opposed to winning anyway. That's why they like to recycle 8-8 coaches back and forth to one another.

The league itself is set up for parity. You're rewarded for being a bad football team. College football is the opposite. If you can't get it done yourself, there are no resources or systems set up to help you achieve getting off the bottom. You have to establish a culture yourself, as the head coach.

By the way, the Dolphins organization sure is mounting a long line of detested quitters for some reason. Where does Dan Marino rank on that totem pole? 4th? 5th?

Here's my point, while south Florida despises Saban... most everywhere else despises south Florida. So it's a fairly even trade off on that notion.
    Quote Quote  

9. -469
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    By the way, the Dolphins organization sure is mounting a long line of detested quitters for some reason. Where does Dan Marino rank on that totem pole? 4th? 5th?

There are problems in Davie, that is not up for debate. But as for Nick Saban, I think he is mostly to blame for his failures and the manner of his departure here. He was a good coach -- the team was obviously well coached when he was here -- but he made some terrible decisions as General Manager. And as for his people skills and the way he managed his departure -- I can't blame anyone for that but Nick Saban.

I think I'm pretty honest with myself for why I despise Nick Saban -- because he could have been a great coach here if he hadn't screwed up other aspects of the job so badly. Heck, even if he had just signed Drew Brees, he could have overcome the other screwups. I have no difficulty admitting that most of my anger is rooted in 'what could have been.'

But he's still a colossal dickbag.
    Quote Quote  

10. -470
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's my point, while south Florida despises Saban... most everywhere else despises south Florida. So it's a fairly even trade off on that notion.
    Go home, you're drunk.
    Quote Quote