Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

1. -471
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalFinfan View Post
    Exactly, Saban got out coached....period! FSU would have beat em by double digits. Say good bye crimson tide, FSU will reign as champs the next couple years. If the Canes don't overtake em!!!
    The Canes????The same Canes that got bent over by Louiville..are going to overtake Bama? In what? ACC loses?
    Quote Quote  

2. -472
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just worry about how enthusiastic the team is for playing Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. It could be another Sugar Bowl like Utah where the team is completely disinterested.

Make no mistake, Alabama knows they're the best team in the country and should be playing for the national championship. It's going to be hard to get 'em up for Oklahoma in what is for all intents and purposes a meaningless game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -473
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalFinfan View Post
    Exactly, Saban got out coached....period! FSU would have beat em by double digits. Say good bye crimson tide, FSU will reign as champs the next couple years. If the Canes don't overtake em!!!
    Canes? The Miami Hurricanes? LOL. The Canes need a new head coach before they're going to challenge from much of anything in the ACC. Especially with us joining the league in July. The Miami Hurricanes will be the 4th or 5th best program in the ACC starting in the fall.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -474

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Duke made it to an ACC title game before Miami could. That's all that needs to be said about an irrelevant program and all 40 of their fans that show up for the games.
    Quote Quote  

5. -475
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Duke made it to an ACC title game before Miami could. That's all that needs to be said about an irrelevant program and all 40 of their fans that show up for the games.
    The U is nothing more than a novelty team at this point.
    Quote Quote  

6. -476
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a person who lives in the RTP area, I don't think Duke even cared that much that they made the ACC title game. Basketball season had already started...
    Quote Quote  

7. -477
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Crap...This football season has been crappy...just crappy.
    Got to give OK..props,they kicked our a**.
    Quote Quote  

8. -478

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I figured we'd be lucky to get by LSU....said it back earlier in the season. I believed that would be the game where a team actually had the talent to capitalize on our weaknesses. VT exposed the weaknesses in week 1... they just didn't have the talent to take advantage of them. Auburn and Oklahoma did.

I've said it previously in this thread... I've never seen a group of CB's this bad at Alabama. Secondly, we have no pass rusher. Third, our offensive line just never reached the level of dominance. Kouandjio was exposed mightily against Auburn (Carl Lawson) and last night against Oklahoma. He can't handle speed rushers.

Saban and Kirby Smart have to figure out how to defend the HUNH. Until they do, teams are going to keep throwing it at 'em. Saban runs a very complex defense, sometimes too complex. These HUNH offenses take advantage of it.

Our defense relies on "packages". We have players on defense that are for certain roles in certain packages. The tempo of these HUNH offenses affects our ability to substitute for all these "specialty" packages.

Also, it's a defense that relies heavily on checks at the LOS. This call comes in from the sidelines (Smart) after the offense has lined up, and is relayed in to C.J. Mosley and the safety quarterbacking the secondary. This was Sunseri, and losing him for the season killed our defenses ability to communicate effectively. We need less "specialty" packages, and start recruiting more players in the front 7 that are versatile enough to stay on the field without having to be substituted out.

The rules are slanted towards favoring these HUNH offenses. It's not fair, but it's the way football is trending. It's not going away. Saban can't stop it by complaining about it.... the only way he's going to stop it is by taking a long look in the mirror and re-evaluating what's at the core of his defensive philosophy. He'll have to adapt. The great one's always do.

I tip my cap to the Sooners. They flat out kicked our ass.
    Quote Quote  

9. -479
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I figured we'd be lucky to get by LSU....said it back earlier in the season. I believed that would be the game where a team actually had the talent to capitalize on our weaknesses. VT exposed the weaknesses in week 1... they just didn't have the talent to take advantage of them. Auburn and Oklahoma did.

I've said it previously in this thread... I've never seen a group of CB's this bad at Alabama. Secondly, we have no pass rusher. Third, our offensive line just never reached the level of dominance. Kouandjio was exposed mightily against Auburn (Carl Lawson) and last night against Oklahoma. He can't handle speed rushers.

Saban and Kirby Smart have to figure out how to defend the HUNH. Until they do, teams are going to keep throwing it at 'em. Saban runs a very complex defense, sometimes too complex. These HUNH offenses take advantage of it.

Our defense relies on "packages". We have players on defense that are for certain roles in certain packages. The tempo of these HUNH offenses affects our ability to substitute for all these "specialty" packages.

Also, it's a defense that relies heavily on checks at the LOS. This call comes in from the sidelines (Smart) after the offense has lined up, and is relayed in to C.J. Mosley and the safety quarterbacking the secondary. This was Sunseri, and losing him for the season killed our defenses ability to communicate effectively. We need less "specialty" packages, and start recruiting more players in the front 7 that are versatile enough to stay on the field without having to be substituted out.

The rules are slanted towards favoring these HUNH offenses. It's not fair, but it's the way football is trending. It's not going away. Saban can't stop it by complaining about it.... the only way he's going to stop it is by taking a long look in the mirror and re-evaluating what's at the core of his defensive philosophy. He'll have to adapt. The great one's always do.

I tip my cap to the Sooners. They flat out kicked our ass.
    D.Henry looked real good......That was about it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -480

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah he did. Inexplicably, Nuss refused to keep going with what was working. He stopped handing the ball to the best player in the stadium that had literally struck fear into the Sooner defenders. Our OC suddenly became the best coach Oklahoma had. I think he needs to go, and I think Cristobal needs to go. He's a terrible offensive line coach.
    Quote Quote