Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

1. -481
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Yeah he did. Inexplicably, Nuss refused to keep going with what was working. He stopped handing the ball to the best player in the stadium that had literally struck fear into the Sooner defenders. Our OC suddenly became the best coach Oklahoma had. I think he needs to go, and I think Cristobal needs to go. He's a terrible offensive line coach.
    Yes...I have heard Nick isn't real happy with Nuss....We threw way to much in the start of the game,we should have ran the ball more to protect the D against OK's tempo offense..
    Yes...Cristobal should pack his bags.
    Ted...have you wondered why Lane Kiffin has been hanging around T-Town?
    It does make you go HMMMMMM????
    Quote Quote  

2. -482
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quick question...do you think Bama missed Jeremy Pruitt? It seems like the defensive backs struggled a lot and were not nearly as dominant as in the past. Is it a personnel issue or a coaching issue? Mind you, this is relative and most teams would kill to have Alabama's DB play.

I am really happy with him as DC at FSU so far...we shall see how he does against Auburn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

3. -483
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Quick question...do you think Bama missed Jeremy Pruitt? It seems like the defensive backs struggled a lot and were not nearly as dominant as in the past. Is it a personnel issue or a coaching issue? Mind you, this is relative and most teams would kill to have Alabama's DB play.

I am really happy with him as DC at FSU so far...we shall see how he does against Auburn.

No...We have lost alot of DB's to the NFL lately...attrition caught up with us.....
    We have alot of talent,...experiance & injuries in the secondary was a BIG problem.
    Plus...After winning two titles in a row...I think,hunger might have been a problem.
    Maybe these two loses will motivate them next year....I hope.
    Pruitt is aces in my book,tho.
    Quote Quote  

4. -484
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    No...We have lost alot of DB's to the NFL lately...attrition caught up with us.....
    We have alot of talent,...experiance & injuries in the secondary was a BIG problem.
    Plus...After winning two titles in a row...I think,hunger might have been a problem.
    Maybe these two loses will motivate them next year....I hope.
    Pruitt is aces in my book,tho.
    I think you are correct although I haven't followed Alabama much this year. I also think Pruitt will be a head coach after next year if not this off season. I am enjoying this while it lasts and hope Fisher has a plan to replace him soon.

Quote Quote  

5. -485
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Alabama secondary misses Pruitt's coaching. Kirby Smart and Saban both are going to have to take over coaching of the DB's. It's obvious now that Pruitt is at FSU. But as Namor said, it's also lack of talent and experience at the CB position.

John Fulton and Deion Belue are JUCO's and only one really developed into even a decent SEC caliber corner. The rest are freshman and/or WR converts. They're inexperienced and haven't had the requisite 2 years to soak up Saban's system and coaching.

Pruitt coached fundamentals to the DB's. By the time Saban got around to 'em, his focus was on teaching them his complex system since Pruitt did such a good job with teaching the fundamentals. However, Saban may have to get Smart to spend more time teaching the DB fundamentals in Pruitt's absence.

I mentioned it early in the season around here the impact that Pruitt already had on the FSU DB's early in the season. They play like Bama's used to under Pruitt.

We also miss Jeff Stoutland on the offensive line. The Philadelphia Eagles probably have the best offensive line in the NFL right now, and it's because of Stoutland.
    Quote Quote  

6. -486
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The Alabama secondary misses Pruitt's coaching. Kirby Smart and Saban both are going to have to take over coaching of the DB's. It's obvious now that Pruitt is at FSU. But as Namor said, it's also lack of talent and experience at the CB position.

John Fulton and Deion Belue are JUCO's and only one really developed into even a decent SEC caliber corner. The rest are freshman and/or WR converts. They're inexperienced and haven't had the requisite 2 years to soak up Saban's system and coaching.

Pruitt coached fundamentals to the DB's. By the time Saban got around to 'em, his focus was on teaching them his complex system since Pruitt did such a good job with teaching the fundamentals. However, Saban may have to get Smart to spend more time teaching the DB fundamentals in Pruitt's absence.

I mentioned it early in the season around here the impact that Pruitt already had on the FSU DB's early in the season. They play like Bama's used to under Pruitt.

We also miss Jeff Stoutland on the offensive line. The Philadelphia Eagles probably have the best offensive line in the NFL right now, and it's because of Stoutland.
    Do you think Pruitt and Stoutland may want to be coordinators for the Dolphins? I would take them in s heart beat over what we have!

Pruitt has been a stud for FSU and is sneaky. He didn't unveil a lot of looks until we played ranked teams. He isn't one to give you a lot of tape on his plans, he appears to be very hard to game plan for. What a novel concept...deception and surprise in game planning and play calling!

Quote Quote  

7. -487
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    D.Henry looked real good......That was about it.
    That kid looked like an animal.

Watching him take that short pass to the house reminded me of watching that 20 for 20 on Marcus Dupree.

Henry looked like Eddie Lacy with the speed and agility of Yeldin.
    Quote Quote  

8. -488
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Henry was compared to Eddie George coming out of high school. Slight difference being Henry is faster. Eddie George was 6'3", 238 pounds when he went to the NFL. Henry was 6'3", 238 pounds when he signed his Letter of Intent to play for Bama out of high school. No player in the history of high school football anywhere on the planet has ever rushed for more yardage than Derrick Henry did.

By the way, anybody that has seen Bo Scarbrough play, or happened to catch him the other day in the High School All-America game knows Bama has another freak on the way....

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/ph...1729-large.jpg
    Quote Quote  

9. -489
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to hijack a Bama thread; if Jimbo takes the Texas job, Pruitt is shoe-in for the HC position. FSU is really cash poor aside from the NIKE contract, it's all about money and continuity.
    Quote Quote  

10. -490
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Not to hijack a Bama thread; if Jimbo takes the Texas job, Pruitt is shoe-in for the HC position. FSU is really cash poor aside from the NIKE contract, it's all about money and continuity.
    I am not as scared that Jimbo may leave but am glad that Pruitt could take his place. I don't understand why FSU doesn't have the money some of the other programs do? There is some BS law about paying coaches that FSU is bound by that other Florida universities are not. It caps their salaries.

Quote Quote