Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: **** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

1. -491
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't worry ...looks like Charlie Strong is going to take the Texas job.....really surprises me..I thought the only job Charlie would leave UL for would
    be Florida.
    Quote Quote  

2. -492
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Don't worry ...looks like Charlie Strong is going to take the Texas job.....really surprises me..I thought the only job Charlie would leave UL for would
    be Florida.
    I think he will do well there although it certainly makes Louisville much less attractive in the ACC with no Strong or Bridgewater.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

3. -493
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TedSlimmJr-

Hey what can you tell me about Kirby Smart? What are his responsibilities on Saban's staff, how good of a coach do you consider him, and do you think he would be interested in coming up here if Charlie Strong leaves? I'm fairly certain he's on AD Tom Jurich's short list with Morris from Clemson and Narduzzi from Mich St.

Thanks.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -494
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    TedSlimmJr-

Hey what can you tell me about Kirby Smart? What are his responsibilities on Saban's staff, how good of a coach do you consider him, and do you think he would be interested in coming up here if Charlie Strong leaves? I'm fairly certain he's on AD Tom Jurich's short list with Morris from Clemson and Narduzzi from Mich St.

Thanks.
    Maybe...I really don't want to lose Kirby....His dream jobs are (1) Bama and (2) Georgia.....but he did interview for the Auburn
    job last year...I really think Kirby would want to stay in the SEC...but who knows.
    Quote Quote  

5. -495
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I am not as scared that Jimbo may leave but am glad that Pruitt could take his place. I don't understand why FSU doesn't have the money some of the other programs do? There is some BS law about paying coaches that FSU is bound by that other Florida universities are not. It caps their salaries.

It's all about alumni and booster money, people forget FSU has only been coed for 65 years. UF has coed for 120 years, just a larger alumni base.
    Quote Quote  

6. -496
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    It's all about alumni and booster money, people forget FSU has only been coed for 65 years. UF has coed for 120 years, just a larger alumni base.
    http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...cs-association

This is what I was referring to but what you say is absolutely correct. Florida still sucks, even after 120 years!

Quote Quote  

7. -497
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've talked several times about how the Mobile and Birmingham areas are the key to recruiting in the south. Florida St. dominated recruiting in the Mobile area back in their day.

Everybody knows they got Winston from right here in Birmingham. He was never going to an SEC school because of baseball. However, they also got his backup Jacob Coker from the Mobile area.

Coker played behind A.J. McCarron in high school at St. Paul's.... and he grew up a Bama fan. I'm just saying, keep an eye out for this kid to potentially transfer to Bama. The QB position is wide open heading into next season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -498
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I've talked several times about how the Mobile and Birmingham areas are the key to recruiting in the south. Florida St. dominated recruiting in the Mobile area back in their day.

Everybody knows they got Winston from right here in Birmingham. He was never going to an SEC school because of baseball. However, they also got his backup Jacob Coker from the Mobile area.

Coker played behind A.J. McCarron in high school at St. Paul's.... and he grew up a Bama fan. I'm just saying, keep an eye out for this kid to potentially transfer to Bama. The QB position is wide open heading into next season.
    I saw a blurb on this very thing this morning on a Seminole website. I suppose it is very possible and I would hate to lose Coker. If he was on most any other team, he would start. With that being said, he will likely have two years to start if Winston goes to the NFL next year as expected. If y'all get him, I will wish him the best and hope he leads Bama to a lot of wins...unless they are playing the Noles!

Quote Quote  

9. -499
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    opinions on Doug Nussmeier? Reportedly Michigan just broke bank to sign him
    Quote Quote  

10. -500
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    opinions on Doug Nussmeier? Reportedly Michigan just broke bank to sign him
    He will remind you of Sherman a bit..He will abandon the run at the worst times...He is good tho,justs need a little more maturety.

Nuss was on the hot seat with Saban....Wow...get ready for the Legion Of Doom....Nick Saban & Lane Kiffin..
    If we wasn't already the most hated team...we will be...love it!!!
    Quote Quote