Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Blue Michigan Wolverines Thread....

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Go Blue Michigan Wolverines Thread....

I really feel good about this revamped team. Denard Robinson seems to have all things clicking on offense and the only thing I see lacking is our defensive secondary. Im looking forward to the next few games which SHOULD be easy wins until our matchup against the Spartys. Its funny to see the top three guys on the Heisman watch right now all have ties to Michigan.
    1. Denard Robinson - current player
    2. Terrell Pryor - picked OSU over Michigan when committing
    3. Ryan Mallet - transferred out of Michigan

I am as excited about this team as I have been in a long time, after a few grueling seasons it seem we may have something here. I also like the fact that we have Devin Gardner sitting back there to devolop right after the "shoelace" era.

I still feel like Rich Rod is in the hotseat and he must beat OSU and/or win a bowl game
    to keep his job this season.

LETS GO BLUE!!!!

LETS GO BLUE!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to see how the defense performs against the power running teams in the Big 10. They should start 6-0 which qualifies them for the bowl but then the tough part of the schedule begins against, you guessed it, power running offenses.

I don't see a victory over Ohio State this year. They need another year to develop the defense and the game is in Columbus. I do think they win 8 games and RichRod should be given another year if they do. It's easy to see that his offense is completely installed with a QB that can run it and just how lethal it is.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Shoelace" may have single handedly saved Rich Rod's job...

"Shoelace" currently has more yards from scrimmage than 87 division-1 schools.... amazing statistic..
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shoelace has been amazing, but it's not just him. Our OL looks very strong. The tackle positions aren't great, but we got 2 very good prospects in Taylor Lewan (aka Jake Long 2.0) and Michael Schoefield waiting in the wings, and Martvavious Odoms and Roy Roundtree have been good receving options (Darryl Stonum has also been solid). Still need a big play threat at RB.

Defense still needs work. Mike Martin is the best NT in the Big 10, Craig Roh is, and will continue to develop, into a beast. Jonas Mouton is having a good senior year. Ryan Van Bergan is solid. Obi Ezeh well... kind of sucks. CBs have looked ok, but still scare me, and Cam Gordon has given up some big plays at safety (willing to let that slide though cause he's a RS Frosh who was a WR last year that thought he'd be a LB not a FS so he's learning on the fly).

Oh and we need a kicker.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Oh and we need a kicker.
    Definitely, especially when we start facing some tougher defenses and it will be harder to get into the endzone...We cannot afford to be missing kicks at all.

I think our run defense will be ok, but the way Crist picked us apart scares me when we face someone better than ND.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SA_BUTTA View Post
    Definitely, especially when we start facing some tougher defenses and it will be harder to get into the endzone...We cannot afford to be missing kicks at all.

I think our run defense will be ok, but the way Crist picked us apart scares me when we face someone better than ND.
    eh... our pass D was pretty good for the most part. All 3 Big plays came from a RS Freshmen FS who recruited as a WR and expected to play LB this year. Cam Gordon is still learning. Brian Kelly's offense allows QBs to find an open man.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Mich...always remember..the best move is alot of times the one you don't make.
    You better give RichRod more of a chance...
    I'm glad he is not at Bama and we got Saban,but look at what you guys almost went
    after...Les "Buggs Bunny" Miles.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    My hatred for Michigan shall continue until Coach Rod gets ****canned.
    (dammit, they're even making me root for the Buckeyes once a year)
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Shoelace has been amazing, but it's not just him. Our OL looks very strong. The tackle positions aren't great, but we got 2 very good prospects in Taylor Lewan (aka Jake Long 2.0) and Michael Schoefield waiting in the wings, and Martvavious Odoms and Roy Roundtree have been good receving options (Darryl Stonum has also been solid). Still need a big play threat at RB.

Defense still needs work. Mike Martin is the best NT in the Big 10, Craig Roh is, and will continue to develop, into a beast. Jonas Mouton is having a good senior year. Ryan Van Bergan is solid. Obi Ezeh well... kind of sucks. CBs have looked ok, but still scare me, and Cam Gordon has given up some big plays at safety (willing to let that slide though cause he's a RS Frosh who was a WR last year that thought he'd be a LB not a FS so he's learning on the fly).

Oh and we need a kicker.
    The OL will be hurting next season because David Molk moves on to the NFL. Hopefully Miami drafts him because he is a difference maker. After getting injured last year, the OL fell apart.

I can't believe they can't find a student from the Soccer Club that would be willing to play football. 1-5 on FGs is pathetic.
    Quote Quote