Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneildu View Post
    Is Sanchez even the third best in the division? I think not.
    Sanchez was the only rookie to play in the AFC east at QB last season. No slack being cut for that I guess? A second year QB who sat on the bench and learned behind a QB who was damn near a Rhodes Scholar, should be better than a rookie QB. By this logic Henne should be better than Sanchez. The fact that this is even a discussion is a loss for Henne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the comparisons are for the 2010 season than I feel that both quarterbacks have good weapons surroUnding them for strong offensive showings. The Q's for the Jets are the loss of jones/washington/faneca. The Q! For miami is Henne. All the pieces are there and if he fullfills than Henne has more of a chance for success years too come. Sanchez has a reciever whos as inconsistant as ted ginn in edwards. A running back who has shown hes lost alot and a huge part of the oline that can create a kink in their chain. Ill give the nod to the michagin kid whos even keel. Chad "Touchpass" henne?? Haha well find out come TC.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sanchez got every first team snap in the preseason, Henne was thrown into his first game with no first-teram practice. No slack being cut for that?

Clearly Pennington is better than Sanchez, and I think he's still better than Henne. I don't have a problem at all with Henne starting though.
    "I didn't understand it from this philosophical standpoint, but I understood it from the point of when you blame other stuff on people or you blame things on other people, that it takes the power to change those things out of your hands and puts it in their hands."

-Ricky Williams
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eifmp..... Jets have a d which in turn helps the offense. Numbers wise henne was the better QB. Miamis d making him play catch up and a senile OC didnt help Hennes cause either.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 16phinsrfast View Post
    Check out the comments, these kids/adults are friggin ridiculious. All Sanchez over there. One comment said henne would struggle Alot and another said Sanchez can take the Jets 11-5....where has football logic gone?
    Comments aside, i loved the flip flopping Tim Graham did.

Graham jumped on there, talking about how Sanchez is the better QB because he has more success and more experience and how he liked how he played in the championship game....though to be fair he then commented that neither Henne nor Sanchez are really anything special, just solid but never elite.

The host Jay Soderberg came out swinging, saying Henne was clearly the better quarterback with bigger upside, tougher, a better thrower and will be a top 10 QB in the league, multiple pro-bowler, and its not really debatable.

Graham quickly speaks up saying "oh, i agree, its how you phrase the question". When the guy writing the articles is so quick to jump sides, it might just be the people in the comments that are more logical.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by eifmp View Post
    Hey. It's not really fair because Henne sat a year and learned behind one of the smartest QB's of all time in Chad Pennington. Mark Sanchez came in as a rookie and started. A year (or more) on the bench has does good for a lot of payers (Tom Brady, Steve Young, Brett Favre, etc). Not comparing Henne with those players, but just again pointing out the positives of sitting & learning.

Edit: So who do you think would perform better, rookie Henne or second year Henne? If you guys started rookie Henne in 2008 would you have gone 11-5? I very much doubt it.
    No, they probably wouldn't have gone 11-5. However, don't make it sound like Sanchez was this amazing player that turned the Jets around. The Jets went 9-7 in 2008 without him and went 9-7 in 2009 with him. It isn't like he skyrocketed the team or anything. If Henne took over in 2008, he would have been taking over a 1-15 team, not a 9-7 team.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Henne vs Sanchez is even close really. I think Henne is leaps and bounds better right now. I think everyone is hyping Sanchez because of he played well in the playoffs and he's pretty raw and can be molded. Henne was also a 2nd round pick, and not 2nd overall (or 3rd or 4th or whatever Sanchez was). The two are going to be compared simply because they are young and 2nd year starters in the same division.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Cackalaka
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Generally fans are f'ing retarded. How much exposure did Sanchez get last year on ESPN? How much did Henne? Well that's typically how casual fans form their opinion.

Jets are just the new flavor of the year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    edit: accidental double post.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The 12th Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, Tx
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kud View Post
    Generally fans are f'ing retarded. How much exposure did Sanchez get last year on ESPN? How much did Henne? Well that's typically how casual fans form their opinion.

Jets are just the new flavor of the year.
    Well said!

Created by Buddwalk

http://www.talksportsdrinkbeer.com :beer1:
    Quote Quote