Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1134

Thread: Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

  1. -1011
    vagrantprodigy's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    2,538
    vCash:
    15377
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I know you are mistaken, I can criticize my team and coaches when they deserve it and I criticize mark plenty but overall he's good and getting better. I actually watch the games and don't just look at stats. You guys see black and white #s w/o watching Mark play enough.
    I've rewatched quite a few NFL games during the offseason, mostly the dolphins, and then focusing on the AFC east. I've watched him play. He's got confidence, but he does not play good, and I didn't see him get better.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -1012
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,653
    vCash:
    21428
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

    NOT SO FAST

    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    It's a QB league.

    You're not getting to two consecutive AFC title games with a below average QB anymore.

    This league has built everything around the QB and offense.



    Not saying Sanchez is great, but he's a lot better than Henne and he still hasn't hit his ceiling.


    To retain that latest badge you're so proud of, to the best of my knowledge there are no FH stipulations that you need to apply your craft on any given regular basis.






    "Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

    Quote Quote  

  3. -1013
    mega-fin-love's Avatar
    Just trust me

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    2,057
    vCash:
    5419
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc will never get it. Everyone please stop trying to show him the truth that Sanchez has proven to be average at best. Henne or Ssanchez may be slightly better than the other. Who cares. The facts are ( unless you are junc ) that neither of them have given anyone any good reason to think they will become an above average to elite QB. At this point anyone that is not blind knows that they are both below average. Sorry Junc, I have given you credit quite a few times for your opinions and backing things up with stats but you are just flat out incorrect sir
    Quote Quote  

  4. -1014
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,653
    vCash:
    21428
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bottom line:

    this endless loop debate notwithstanding, right now I'd happily package Henne + Sanchez and a first for Josh Freeman, the potential franchise QB the jets could and should have had by standing pat.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -1015
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantprodigy View Post
    I've rewatched quite a few NFL games during the offseason, mostly the dolphins, and then focusing on the AFC east. I've watched him play. He's got confidence, but he does not play good, and I didn't see him get better.
    If you didn't see him improve from year 1 to year 2 I can't help you. i think you are basing your judgement more on his bad game vs. Miami than anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    Junc will never get it. Everyone please stop trying to show him the truth that Sanchez has proven to be average at best. Henne or Ssanchez may be slightly better than the other. Who cares. The facts are ( unless you are junc ) that neither of them have given anyone any good reason to think they will become an above average to elite QB. At this point anyone that is not blind knows that they are both below average. Sorry Junc, I have given you credit quite a few times for your opinions and backing things up with stats but you are just flat out incorrect sir
    I will never get it

    I DO get it, most do not but does it matter? I couldn't be happier w/ our QB situation and that is all I really care about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    bottom line:

    this endless loop debate notwithstanding, right now I'd happily package Henne + Sanchez and a first for Josh Freeman, the potential franchise QB the jets could and should have had by standing pat.
    Let's see what josh does in year 3 w/ expectations to win for the first time. I would have been happy w/ Freeman but could he have thrived in NY? could he have thrived in big postseason road games at some of the leagues best teams? I don't know.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -1016
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,003
    vCash:
    10199
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post


    To retain that latest badge you're so proud of, to the best of my knowledge there are no FH stipulations that you need to apply your craft on any given regular basis.


    Everything I said is true. Never said Sanchez was great. But I did say that he's better than Henne and anyone trying to argue otherwise is just upset that Chad Henne sucks and there's still hope for Mark Sanchez.

    And for the record, Josh Freeman is the real deal.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -1017
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    12,309
    vCash:
    10458
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All ya all can sit here and argue over Kia's and Hyundai's all you want, the bottom line is neither is a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  8. -1018
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,925
    vCash:
    4680
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he was terrible at home vs. Miami BUT he also led 4-5 comebacks in games we wouldn't likely have won w/io his excellent play down the stretch. In case you didn't realize henne was just as bad in that same game and your only TD you scored after a TO put you deep in Jets territory. Why would he have succeeded that day w/ us and not w/ Miami? That was also the game where holmes dropped a wide open TD but drops only count when it's dropped INTs, right?

    I am very thankful we have Mark ad you guys have henne.
    Most of Sanchez's connections that day were with the ground!. As far as Henne is concerned he had more than his share of dropped passes I can guarentee you so that ball does not wash with me at least. I do like Henne's demeanor but I certainly don't like the outlook. I give us about 6 weeks with these guys into the season before the entire organization is flipped including Henne but I certainly hope I am wrong.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -1019
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,483
    vCash:
    15724
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post

    Chad Henne is below average.

    Mark Sanchez is above average. <--- Yea, he has been awesome.

    I think that is pretty clear in the eyeball test. I agree Henneís QBR so far is 75.3, Sanchezís is 70.2 ....they both have been average to below average.
    .

    Not sure why Dolphin fans attempt to cope with the bust that is Chad Henne by deflating Mark Sanchez's statistics or whatever. Because he has been a bigger joke then Henne, and if not for a consistant running game and great defense, we would be talking about why Sanchez even still plays football.

    This is like arguing a Kia v. Hyundai.
    I am very surprised you still think this way Cane, you too smart a guy for that, don't let his last minute success in the playoffs fool you, if not for the running game, you see not Sanchez in the playoffs like Henne, and have even worse memories of his regular season. They both have a lot to prove or there will be new starters in front of them.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -1020
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,003
    vCash:
    10199
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I am very surprised you still think this way Cane, you too smart a guy for that, don't let his last minute success in the playoffs fool you, if not for the running game, you see not Sanchez in the playoffs like Henne, and have even worse memories of his regular season. They both have a lot to prove or there will be new starters in front of them.
    Yeah, God forbid you surround the most important position on the team with HELP of any sort lol.

    Sports fans are ridiculous. Everyone wants to see the QB do it ALL and turn trash into gold. Everyone wants to see LeBron beat five guys by himself for a title. Everyone wants to see one guy do it all. Why? It doesn't work that way.

    It's a team sport. Mark Sanchez works with what he has. Chad Henne has Brandon Marshall and can't even get the ball to him.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Henne Vs. Sanchez
    By Rustedsalvo in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 02:28 AM
  2. Henne/Sanchez: Who Gives Finfans More to Smile About? Sanchez>Henne
    By KTOWNFINFAN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 05:03 PM
  3. Another Henne-Sanchez Debate 6/11/10
    By zackmandude63 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM
  4. Return to the Henne-Sanchez debate.
    By PhinPhan910 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 02:12 PM
  5. Henne vs Sanchez
    By Rixon in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 10:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •