Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1117

Thread: Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

1. -1071
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    No. Brady is in a class by himself. Maybe Peyton's there with him, but nobody else. That said, it's pretty clear that Fitz is next best in the AFCE, leaving Sanchez and Henne fight over the scraps. That's not what you want your supposed franchise QB to be doing.

Ever hear the Springsteen song, Glory Days? Well, that's what a lot of Jets fans sound like this season: they're living on memories. It's like Fin fans basking in their perfect season or Bills fans bringing up their 4 Super Bowl appearances or even Pats fans boasting about their Super Bowl wins. None of those accomplishments are relevant to this season. Supposedly, the Jets were going to trample Oakland because they whooped 'em in 2009 by 35 points. WRONG.
    I think it is clear throuhg 3 games but 3 games doesn't make a season or a career. I want to wait to see Fitz a)face a touhg D and B) play in a true big game. if he can keep this up and lead the Bills into january I'll move him ahead of Mark.

Glory days? We are talking the most recent history here, we aren't talking about 20-30-40 years ago. 3-0 starts are great but it's a long season, we'll see where you are in Nov/dec.
    Quote Quote  

2. -1072
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. Brady is in a class by himself. Maybe Peyton's there with him, but nobody else. That said, it's pretty clear that Fitz is next best in the AFCE, leaving Sanchez and Henne fight over the scraps. That's not what you want your supposed franchise QB to be doing.

Ever hear the Springsteen song, Glory Days? Well, that's what a lot of Jets fans sound like this season: they're living on memories. It's like Fin fans basking in their perfect season or Bills fans bringing up their 4 Super Bowl appearances or even Pats fans boasting about their Super Bowl wins. None of those accomplishments are relevant to this season. Supposedly, the Jets were going to trample Oakland because they whooped 'em in 2009 by 35 points. WRONG.
    How is it pretty clear? Cuz Buffalo went 3-0? How many times are u guys going to pick off Brady 4 times in one game? How many times will ur offense score a TD on every possession after the half? How many times do u get to face KC defense? So far, Fitz has faced two below average Ds, and one avg D, just like the Jets. One common opponent is Oakland, and both QBs scored 3 TDs and one pick each. Difference in that game was that Fitz had a great second half while Sanchez' OL couldn't protect him in 2nd half. He still made plays running out of the pocket, but 9 sacks against 1 sack is pretty obvious. I wouldn't be too quick to anoint him the "pretty clear" winner just yet. Fitz does have the edge, but we are barely done with wk 3.
    Quote Quote  

3. -1073
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, I dont see any recent updates from the Jest trolls here?

As I stated, Snatcho is a VERY mediocre QB that was put in an ideal situation, surrounded by an incredible Front line, a running game and a great defense. Put the game on him, and his true mediocracy shows up. He is NOT a better QB than Henne, nor is he worse. They are both in the bottom 10 of QB's I would chose to win a title.
    Quote Quote  

4. -1074
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sanchez is terrible

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

5. -1075
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at no point did we have an incredible front line, our Ol has been very good but far from incredible. mark has had one bad game(as awful as it was), his 3 other games were decent. He and the Jets O will be fine.

I heard all offseason how Miami had talent comparable to the Jets, how come Henne can't win? I heard this about Miami the last 2 years as well, how come you couldn't compete for a playoff spot? don't compare our QB having a terrible game w/ the terrible career Henne is having.
    Quote Quote  

6. -1076

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    at no point did we have an incredible front line, our Ol has been very good but far from incredible. mark has had one bad game(as awful as it was), his 3 other games were decent. He and the Jets O will be fine.
    Whatever. It has been welled documented that, especially the last 2 seasons, you had one of the top 3 O-lines in the league. Last night you saw what happens when Snatcho doesnt have that in front of him.
    The fact that your FO has spent everything for win it right now dictates that you have ZERO depth anywhere on the field, and last night you saw what that means, plugging UDFA into very important spots.....get used to it.
    You're FO has spent future draft picks and maxed out the salary cap to bring in big name, controversial players and now its time to pay the piper. You have played exactly 2 formidable defenses so far this year, and the first one was let down by incredibly bad turn of events. You should be 1-3.

I heard all offseason how Miami had talent comparable to the Jets, how come Henne can't win? I heard this about Miami the last 2 years as well, how come you couldn't compete for a playoff spot? don't compare our QB having a terrible game w/ the terrible career Henne is having.
    You didnt hear from me that Miami would compete. Not this year.

My point is, Snatcho is no better than Henne. There are 25 QB's in the league that could surplant either, and I suggest that in Snatcho's place, 20 that might win you a title......
    Quote Quote  

7. -1077
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Whatever. It has been welled documented that, especially the last 2 seasons, you had one of the top 3 O-lines in the league. Last night you saw what happens when Snatcho doesnt have that in front of him.
    The fact that your FO has spent everything for win it right now dictates that you have ZERO depth anywhere on the field, and last night you saw what that means, plugging UDFA into very important spots.....get used to it.
    You're FO has spent future draft picks and maxed out the salary cap to bring in big name, controversial players and now its time to pay the piper. You have played exactly 2 formidable defenses so far this year, and the first one was let down by incredibly bad turn of events. You should be 1-3.

You didnt hear from me that Miami would compete. Not this year.

My point is, Snatcho is no better than Henne. There are 25 QB's in the league that could surplant either, and I suggest that in Snatcho's place, 20 that might win you a title......
    There's a huge difference btw top 3 and an Ol as bad as we saw last night. No QB could have survived playing behind that OL.

We are comfortably under the cap and have drafted well for years outside of a pick here and there.

You can't have depth everywhere, we have lost some key guys to injury the last couple of years and had guys step up but it's hard to replace a Nick Mangold.

We should be 2-2, we could be 1-3 or 3-1.

sanchez is much better than henne evn though they both are struggling this year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1078
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Sanchez better than Henne? I don't know. Neither one is that great, and I haven't seen much of the Dolphins in the regular season. However, from what I've seen of Sanchez, he bears a striking resemblance to Trent Edwards, except that he's not afraid to throw downfield and he doesn't hold on to the ball quite as long. Even Sanchez' career path seems to follow Edwards': he started out as an excellent rookie; looked to be progressing as a second year pro but didn't do as well as expected; and then just sucked as a third year player. Maybe that's because NFL DCs built up a "book" on both of them so they know how to defense them -- and they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Miraculously, when Gailey benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick, not only did the Bills OL "improve" but the entire offense did. Same guys, but a whole lot more production with Fitz under center.

Sorry, but Sanchez doesn't get a pass because of his allegedly poor OL. His own poor play is contributing to it.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

9. -1079

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Sanchez better than Henne? I don't know. Neither one is that great, and I haven't seen much of the Dolphins in the regular season. However, from what I've seen of Sanchez, he bears a striking resemblance to Trent Edwards, except that he's not afraid to throw downfield and he doesn't hold on to the ball quite as long. Even Sanchez' career path seems to follow Edwards': he started out as an excellent rookie; looked to be progressing as a second year pro but didn't do as well as expected; and then just sucked as a third year player. Maybe that's because NFL DCs built up a "book" on both of them so they know how to defense them -- and they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Miraculously, when Gailey benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick, not only did the Bills OL "improve" but the entire offense did. Same guys, but a whole lot more production with Fitz under center.

Sorry, but Sanchez doesn't get a pass because of his allegedly poor OL. His own poor play is contributing to it.

Some of this is accurate, except, Snatcho was NOT an "Excellent Rookie".

The major media outlets all have a MAJOR hard-on for Dirty Snatcho and portray him as something he's NOT.

His rookie season, when all he really had to do was hand-off and make very rudimentary reads and throws, he had exactly 12 TD's against 21 INT's.

As I noticed on a Jest board, Snatcho doesnt have that IT factor, but he does indeed have the INT factor.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1080

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's a huge difference btw top 3 and an Ol as bad as we saw last night. No QB could have survived playing behind that OL.

We are comfortably under the cap and have drafted well for years outside of a pick here and there.

You can't have depth everywhere, we have lost some key guys to injury the last couple of years and had guys step up but it's hard to replace a Nick Mangold.

We should be 2-2, we could be 1-3 or 3-1.

sanchez is much better than henne evn though they both are struggling this year.
    You are MAXED on your salary, which is why you have some bum playing center right now.

You gave up your entire draft for Snatcho and Greene. That is NOT a good draft.
    D-brick is a pretty good pick, not anywhere in Jake Long's league, but pretty good.
    Mangold is gold. No doubt about that.
    Love that Vernon Ghoulston pick.
    Nugent?
    Hell the only real legit pick you've had not named Revis or Mangold, got axed just prior to this season.
    Quote Quote