Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1134

Thread: Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

1. -1081
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Some of this is accurate, except, Snatcho was NOT an "Excellent Rookie".

The major media outlets all have a MAJOR hard-on for Dirty Snatcho and portray him as something he's NOT.

His rookie season, when all he really had to do was hand-off and make very rudimentary reads and throws, he had exactly 12 TD's against 21 INT's.

As I noticed on a Jest board, Snatcho doesnt have that IT factor, but he does indeed have the INT factor.
    I probably should have said "excellent for a rookie". The press drooled over Edwards almost as much as they did over Sanchez -- and much like they did over Sam Bradford last season and are drooling over Cam Newton this season. What's good for a rookie isn't all that great for a guy who's made 30+ starts. What's forgivable in a rookie or second year QB isn't when he's in his third year as a starter.

I think Sanchez, if you count postseason, has started more games that Ryan Fitzpatrick since Fitz spent 2005-2007 on the bench, finally got some starts in 2008 in Cinci, maybe 8-10 in Buffalo in 2009, and then got the starter's job during the 2010 season and started 13 games. 2011 was the first year he got first team reps in TC.

Sanchez not only got first team reps in 3 TCs, but he's started about 36 games. It's time for him to fish or cut bait.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

2. -1082
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    I probably should have said "excellent for a rookie". The press drooled over Edwards almost as much as they did over Sanchez -- and much like they did over Sam Bradford last season and are drooling over Cam Newton this season. What's good for a rookie isn't all that great for a guy who's made 30+ starts. What's forgivable in a rookie or second year QB isn't when he's in his third year as a starter.

I think Sanchez, if you count postseason, has started more games that Ryan Fitzpatrick since Fitz spent 2005-2007 on the bench, finally got some starts in 2008 in Cinci, maybe 8-10 in Buffalo in 2009, and then got the starter's job during the 2010 season and started 13 games. 2011 was the first year he got first team reps in TC.

Sanchez not only got first team reps in 3 TCs, but he's started about 36 games. It's time for him to fish or cut bait.
    Well, that's the bitter sweet you see.

The NY biased media LOVES to drool over Snatcho, even though he really isn't that good.
    The fans will live by what drool is published and believe in somebody that really isn't that good.

Sam Bradford IS a very good QB. Very very good. He, almost single handedly, did turn a very bad club very good in his rookie year. Far from what Dirty Snatcho did.

I hate to admit it, but Newton is doing the same thing so far in Carolina. I think he will come back down to earth once coordinators figure him out.

Fitz has NOT gotten the same media bias that Snatcho has, and in my opinion, he is a much better QB. He does all the little things right, where as, Snatcho doesn't even do the little things right. Fitz is finally in a good system for him, and he has tons of opportunity, without all the media over-hype biting at his ankles. Actually, quite the opposite.
    Quote Quote  

3. -1083
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Is Sanchez better than Henne? I don't know. Neither one is that great, and I haven't seen much of the Dolphins in the regular season. However, from what I've seen of Sanchez, he bears a striking resemblance to Trent Edwards, except that he's not afraid to throw downfield and he doesn't hold on to the ball quite as long. Even Sanchez' career path seems to follow Edwards': he started out as an excellent rookie; looked to be progressing as a second year pro but didn't do as well as expected; and then just sucked as a third year player. Maybe that's because NFL DCs built up a "book" on both of them so they know how to defense them -- and they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Miraculously, when Gailey benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick, not only did the Bills OL "improve" but the entire offense did. Same guys, but a whole lot more production with Fitz under center.

Sorry, but Sanchez doesn't get a pass because of his allegedly poor OL. His own poor play is contributing to it.
    I love Bills fans getting cocky b/c they wona couple of games.

sanchez like Trent Edwards Name me a single big game Edwards ever won?

Sanchez has had one bad game! you guys make your judgements on one game, it's beyond ridiculous.

Buf's Ol did not play as poorly as our OL played the other night, the great fitz led you to 4 wins a year ago.

You are MAXED on your salary, which is why you have some bum playing center right now.

You gave up your entire draft for Snatcho and Greene. That is NOT a good draft.
    D-brick is a pretty good pick, not anywhere in Jake Long's league, but pretty good.
    Mangold is gold. No doubt about that.
    Love that Vernon Ghoulston pick.
    Nugent?
    Hell the only real legit pick you've had not named Revis or Mangold, got axed just prior to this season.
    maxed out? how are we maxed out w. $8.5 mil in cap room?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-of-monday/

We have up a 2nd rd pick for sanchez, it wa an absolute heist.

brick not in Long's league

You don't follow football, do you?
    Quote Quote  

4. -1084

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I love Bills fans getting cocky b/c they wona couple of games.

sanchez like Trent Edwards Name me a single big game Edwards ever won?

Sanchez has had one bad game! you guys make your judgements on one game, it's beyond ridiculous.

Buf's Ol did not play as poorly as our OL played the other night, the great fitz led you to 4 wins a year ago.

maxed out? how are we maxed out w. $8.5 mil in cap room?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-of-monday/

We have up a 2nd rd pick for sanchez, it wa an absolute heist.

brick not in Long's league

You don't follow football, do you?
    I've been following football probably longer than you have been alive.... I just have the luxery of NOT living under the media shroud that clouds your eyes and judgement.

1 bad game? Really?

He has had 2 good games and you make him out to be the next coming of Joe Namath...which, to date, he's probably better, cause Namath only had 1 good game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -1085
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been following football probably longer than you have been alive.... I just have the luxery of NOT living under the media shroud that clouds your eyes and judgement.

1 bad game? Really?

He has had 2 good games and you make him out to be the next coming of Joe Namath...which, to date, he's probably better, cause Namath only had 1 good game.
    Following and understanding are two different things.

I amn not influenced by the media, I make my own judgements while watching.

Show me the post where I said Sanchez was great or where I made him out to be something he's not?
    Quote Quote  

6. -1086

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Following and understanding are two different things.

I amn not influenced by the media, I make my own judgements while watching.

Show me the post where I said Sanchez was great or where I made him out to be something he's not?
    Cmon Junky, you and I have been down this road in the past. Its been a few years, but I promise you we have.
    You haven't said that verbatim in this particular thread, but are you REALLY going to hold me to task in combing over your 19,000 posts?

Tell me, in your un-media, ever knowing understanding of the position, what exactly makes a QB a good QB?

His QB rating?
    His TD-INT ratio?
    His winning percentage?
    Yardage?

You are obviously the one that understands football, I only follow it....
    Quote Quote  

7. -1087
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cmon Junky, you and I have been down this road in the past. Its been a few years, but I promise you we have.
    You haven't said that verbatim in this particular thread, but are you REALLY going to hold me to task in combing over your 19,000 posts?

Tell me, in your un-media, ever knowing understanding of the position, what exactly makes a QB a good QB?

His QB rating?
    His TD-INT ratio?
    His winning percentage?
    Yardage?

You are obviously the one that understands football, I only follow it....
    You can look up all my posts and you will never find one where I called him great or even said that he would be great b/c it's something I have never said or written ever.

What makes a good QB? There are a million factors, #s tell part of the story but for me I look at how guys perform when their teams need them most, how they perform in pressure situations, how they perfrom in pressure games- in the biggest games. I'll take a guy like sanchez '10 w/ lesser #s who plays his best in big spots over a #s guy who melts under the bright lights. if a guy is putting up #s in garbage time that doesn't impress me, if a guy is constantly playing and beating bad teams but struggles against top teams that doesn't impress me. It impresses the average fan who just looks at fantasy #s but how did that QB accumulate those #s? what situations? That means more to me than anything else. Sanchez played much better than his #s a year ago and through the first 3 weeks this year he played much worse than his #s.
    Quote Quote  

8. -1088
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So Skippy, obviously you don't watch that much football. Jets run game has been abysmal the past 3 games and the game has relied on Sanchez.
    Which is obviously why they have been losing. Sanchez is not a QB you can rely on to win you games. You're only proving our point, Skippy.

Quote Quote  

9. -1089
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    Which is obviously why they have been losing. Sanchez is not a QB you can rely on to win you games. You're only proving our point, Skippy.
    We are 2-2 losing 2 road games to quality teams., we aren't "losing". This team will be fine, no QB could have had success w/ our OL the other night.
    Quote Quote  

10. -1090
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I always thought that Sanchez would be the guy to get hurt long term first(between Henne and Sanchez)..

I know Henne's line is awful but hey

another check mark for Sanchez

Durability
    Quote Quote