Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony McDaniel seemed REAL UNHAPPY today on the Sid Rosenberg show today

1. -1
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Tony McDaniel seemed REAL UNHAPPY today on the Sid Rosenberg show today

I don't tune into the Sid Rosenberg show often, but I was listening today and they had Tony McDaniel on and Sid asked Tony about being named the starter for the Minnesota game and then right before the game them sending Randy back to DE and putting Soliai at NT and having him rotate like normal. McDaniel stated that they had a "package" for him and that package was not going to start the game.

So Sid, being the funniest unfunny guy you know asked Tony if he is bothered by them bringing in a guy like Odrick, Merling still in the mix, Grant, Douglas, etc and says your a big and impressive enough guy to handle it and McDaniel was like"I agree I don't know why they keep bringing in these guys either". He also says that him and Mike Nolan have not "connected at all" and even him and Tony Sparano "aren't tight like that". He stated with supreme confidence in being able to be a dominant force on this line and feels like coaches don't see it like that.

He goes on to say "Well this is my last year in Miami" and when Sid tells him that they just want "you and Will Allen" off on a plane out of here Tony laughingly (but seriously) agreed. Sid decides to get off the subject saying he doesn't want to get him in trouble with the Dolphins and Tony really didn't seem to care. They went on to talk about the Dolphins and he did acknowledge the great team defense they have played and he was glad the team has gotten off to a good start.

I just found it real weird that a player would go on a radio talk show after a 2-0 start to the season and express his dissappointment so openly and bluntly to a talk show host. I wonder what is going on here? I really like the depth that Tony McDaniel brings to our DLine and I was hoping we resign him but it definitely doesn't look like that is going to happen.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just like McDaniel claimed he was going to dominate the Jaguars last year and he got his *** handed to him?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who cares, if he was makin hes tackles and not let adrian peterson makin him look dum maybe he be starting.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I listened to that interview and I did not get the same feeling. He seemed frank and patient with Sid's bullets.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Resiliency is the key.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is indeed very strange.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I don't tune into the Sid Rosenberg show often, but I was listening today and they had Tony McDaniel on and Sid asked Tony about being named the starter for the Minnesota game and then right before the game them sending Randy back to DE and putting Soliai at NT and having him rotate like normal. McDaniel stated that they had a "package" for him and that package was not going to start the game.

So Sid, being the funniest unfunny guy you know asked Tony if he is bothered by them bringing in a guy like Odrick, Merling still in the mix, Grant, Douglas, etc and says your a big and impressive enough guy to handle it and McDaniel was like"I agree I don't know why they keep bringing in these guys either". He also says that him and Mike Nolan have not "connected at all" and even him and Tony Sparano "aren't tight like that". He stated with supreme confidence in being able to be a dominant force on this line and feels like coaches don't see it like that.

He goes on to say "Well this is my last year in Miami" and when Sid tells him that they just want "you and Will Allen" off on a plane out of here Tony laughingly (but seriously) agreed. Sid decides to get off the subject saying he doesn't want to get him in trouble with the Dolphins and Tony really didn't seem to care. They went on to talk about the Dolphins and he did acknowledge the great team defense they have played and he was glad the team has gotten off to a good start.

I just found it real weird that a player would go on a radio talk show after a 2-0 start to the season and express his dissappointment so openly and bluntly to a talk show host. I wonder what is going on here? I really like the depth that Tony McDaniel brings to our DLine and I was hoping we resign him but it definitely doesn't look like that is going to happen.
    i no some people dont like sid and all, but i think sid has a great personality for radio. i know hes not a dolphin fan and all, but hes still a good radio guy. i enjoy his interviews with ricky weekly and all his other guests. he makes it interesting. a lot better than Michael Irving.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yea thats weird man. i watched one of his interviews, and it seemed as if he was pissd off the entire time... he does give us depth though
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Just went back against my morals and listened to the interview. Same ole Same ole. Sid was doing everything possible to put him on the spot. He was leading him on. Mcdaniels was foolish enough to play along.

Been saying this for months, STOP LISTENING TO 560 WQAM.

Joe Rose Sucks
    BIG O has become the most negative Bish on the radio.
    Sid Rosenberg is POS NY who hates Miami

And dont forget this is the station that sent the BIGO crew to cover the 1st week of the NY JETS Training Camp instead of the Dolphins Camp. That right there alone put the icing on the cake for me.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreathoo View Post
    I listened to that interview and I did not get the same feeling. He seemed frank and patient with Sid's bullets.
    I completely disagree, it got a bit awkward, I mean Sid doesn't have a problem being awkward on his own but I don't think he was prepared for Tony being so blunt, he was so blunt that you had to believe he felt there was truth coming out of McDaniel's mouth.

I dunno, maybe I overanalyzed it, but Tony McD didn't seem happy at all. When you say on the radio "This is my last year in Miami" and you don't even say the words "hopefully we can get an extension done" or nothing like that, it felt like he is done after this year, atleast that is how I felt when I listened.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't know I could listen online, I would have got the EXACT quotes instead of paraphrasing them (was driving). Sorry for the inaccuracies in the quotes.
    Quote Quote