Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Attorney General candidate calls for legalizing marijuana

1. -1
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

Icon 26 Politics Attorney General candidate calls for legalizing marijuana

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news...ate_cal_1.html

Fort Lauderdale lawyer Jim Lewis, whos running a poorly funded, little-noticed campaign for state attorney general has come up with a notable way to attract attention.

Hes pushing for legalization of marijuana.

Lewis cited several benefits: no more waste of tax money to lock up people for marijuana-related crimes, a windfall of tax money pouring into state coffers, and creation of agricultural jobs in the state.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    creation of agricultural jobs in the state- actually the first of that argument I have heard. it does make sense

however, traditional voters look like they are coming out in droves for this election (by traditional, I mean the ones who historically vote, ie the elderly. I do not mean traditional as in conservative).

with the elderly, most of them are scared of marijuana. They don't understand that what they have been told are lies and exaggerations imo. They think war on drugs, and will vote against this guy
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSE View Post
    creation of agricultural jobs in the state- actually the first of that argument I have heard. it does make sense

however, traditional voters look like they are coming out in droves for this election (by traditional, I mean the ones who historically vote, ie the elderly. I do not mean traditional as in conservative).

with the elderly, most of them are scared of marijuana. They don't understand that what they have been told are lies and exaggerations imo. They think war on drugs, and will vote against this guy
    If he doesn't win, hopefully those folks will be dead and buried by the time the next election rolls around. I know that's a cruel, and rather callous thing to say, but it's high time (no pun intended) to stop deamonizing something that isn't worth the time or the effort. Marijuana legalization alone would pull California's economy out of the toilet, I can only imagine what it could do for Florida.

Also, looking at it from an agricultural perspective. You certainly don't see as many orange groves as you used to in the state of Florida. A lot of these old groves are just going unused. If you're not going to grow citrus, then turn those old groves into marijuana fields and start making a profit on those lands again.
    Quote Quote