Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins' struggling special teams have been in flux along with the roster

1. -1
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Dolphins' struggling special teams have been in flux along with the roster

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...in-960085.html

A former longtime NFL special teams coach who has ties to the Dolphins and their current regime said they have taken the shuffling a bit too far.
    "It's like changing your right tackle one week and your right guard the next," he said. "You need continuity in personnel on special teams, and they clearly don't have that."
    Linebacker Bobby Carpenter, who arrived in Miami six days before the season opener and now plays on punt coverage, kick coverage and kick return units, said learning special teams isn't as complicated as learning an offense or defense.
    "There's only so many ways you can do things on punt protect, on kickoff. It's kind of universal," he said. "There's no excuse with moving guys in and out, mixing guys around. You have to find a way to get the job done."

We need to build continuity with ST. We need to stop jerking players left and right.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But I guess all of us who were criticizing the Dolphins ridiculous number of roster moves to start the season were just claiming the sky is falling. After all, whats the worst that can happen?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    But I guess all of us who were criticizing the Dolphins ridiculous number of roster moves to start the season were just claiming the sky is falling. After all, whats the worst that can happen?
    Yes but the tape doesn't lie. You can figure out what player needs to be released along with our coach that is gone now. If not you are asking for this to happen again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    "They have taken the shuffling a bit too far".

Ya dont say. Its a good thing they tracked down an insider to get this scoop. Someone who didnt have ties to the organization wouldnt have been able to deduce that fact.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Yes but the tape doesn't lie. You can figure out what player needs to be released along with our coach that is gone now. If not you are asking for this to happen again.
    Well Bobbie Carpenter resulted in the blocked punt last week. Someone on here said Murtha allowed the blocked FG. I personally didnt watch the replay and look for the culprit on that one. I know Wallace, even though he was eliminated from the KR by that huge block to spring Tate, looks VERY SLOW getting down there on returns. In fact, just before Tate got into the open and before Wallace was even blocked out of the play, I said to myself that Wallace looks slow getting down there and dosent look like he is going to get in on the play.

Id say there are quite a few players on the bottom of our roster that simply have no business playing in the NFL. And personally, I pin this on the FO. They are the people that let very serviceable players walk from this team who werent personally selected by them. We let a lot of average to good players go that were here, especially on defense, and a lot of them were pretty good special teamers.

Then we also fail to make moves like picking up Danny Woodhead which I strongly recommended as soon as the Jets cut him. They also picked up a lot of guys that Parcells took while he was in Dallas that have proven themselves not to be NFL worthy before they came here.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    Well Bobbie Carpenter resulted in the blocked punt last week. Someone on here said Murtha allowed the blocked FG. I personally didnt watch the replay and look for the culprit on that one. I know Wallace, even though he was eliminated from the KR by that huge block to spring Tate, looks VERY SLOW getting down there on returns. In fact, just before Tate got into the open and before Wallace was even blocked out of the play, I said to myself that Wallace looks slow getting down there and dosent look like he is going to get in on the play.

Id say there are quite a few players on the bottom of our roster that simply have no business playing in the NFL. And personally, I pin this on the FO. They are the people that let very serviceable players walk from this team who werent personally selected by them. We let a lot of average to good players go that were here, especially on defense, and a lot of them were pretty good special teamers.

Then we also fail to make moves like picking up Danny Woodhead which I strongly recommended as soon as the Jets cut him. They also picked up a lot of guys that Parcells took while he was in Dallas that have proven themselves not to be NFL worthy before they came here.
    Espn did an article recently and they pin point it. I really wonder if Tony is in over his head. The special team part of the playbook is very good size too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Espn did an article recently and they pin point it. I really wonder if Tony is in over his head. The special team part of the playbook is very good size too.
    It seems that our special teams part of the playbook simply reads "FAIL".

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    It seems that our special teams part of the playbook simply reads "FAIL".
    If we keep that same player on it, we could be smacking our heads again saying why, and Tony could be gone if it were to continue.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    If we keep that same player on it, we could be smacking our heads again saying why, and Tony could be gone if it were to continue.
    Sadly... agreed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    C'mon guys...we have been bitching about the ST coach for 2 years now. We get rid of him...and now we are blaming it on the players? It was the coach!!! Have some faith that we were right and the ST's will improve.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote