Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall vs. Packers CB Charles Woodson

This is a match made in heaven between two players who are considered among the best at their positions, although Woodson has been a bit sporadic through five games. Marshall had a big game in Week Three against the Jets matched up opposite CB Antonio Cromartie, who played well in this weekís Monday nighter against the Vikings. Cromartie had major problems covering Marshall, though, allowing him to catch 10 passes for 166 yards and a TD. Marshall wasnít that big a factor the next week against New England, catching five passes for 50 yards, in Miamiís Monday-night loss to the Pats. But look for him to be refreshed and ready to give his best coming off a well-timed bye week.

Woodson has had some issues this season and is actually being outperformed by Tramon Williams on the right corner. But he remains a top-grade corner with a big-play fair.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...he-day-tuesday
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ordinary Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suspect that Woodson will cover Bess and Marshall will draw a double. I realize that Woodson was the DPOY last year but he is not starting out at that level as the writer mentions. Unless the Packers opt to run a 2 deep with Woodson staying on Marshall. I'm sure all teams in the league will be playing a shell defense against Henne. If so, this will be the time to get the running game going.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i think we will run run run unless we are down. hopefully we can get some good play action passes in this game. brandon will be a factor tho imo
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This should be a great matchup to watch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wanna see us run for more than 150 yrds and thats combining ricky and Ronnie. and throw for at least 250 yrds and Win of course I need to see this offense pick it up. we r ranked in the high teens in offense and we need to do better and especilly score points Henne has 5 TD is 4 games pathetic. and rONNIE 1 rush td??? IN 5 GAMEs?? what the hell is going on damn Henning.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brandon Marshall can go up against any cb in the league. as good as woodson maybe, hes been struggling this year. the beast will be fine, not worried.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Bend
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wrote this in another thread, but I don't think the Packers usually stick Woodson on one receiver for an entire game. They move him all around the field and frequently send him on blitzes. He never has been a shut down corner IMO. He doesn't look much different this year than he did last year. But he has a penchant for making big plays. He is also good at forcing fumbles and making tackles. Marshall has a size advantage on him. If anything, I would want the tight ends and running backs to be aware of him on blitzes and ball carriers to cover up when they are being tackled.
    Please disperse. There is nothing for you to see here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing I've noticed with Woodson is that he is definitely a playmaker. Has a great break to the ball and makes some outstanding plays. However I don't think he is an absolute shutdown corner. He does give up some receptions and the occasional bigger play. I expect a decent game from Marshall. But wouldn't be surprised is Woodson has a big play or a pick sometime in the game if he is on The Beast.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    awesome game!! skooool
    Quote Quote