- Source tells me nolan carroll's ankle injury isn't serious. Good news for the rook
- Sparano says play has been sent to the league for review. Doesn't expect to hear anything different
- "We don't make excuses" ... plans to remind team of that
- Clemons "put his facemask right on the football, just like you coach him"
- mentions red zone offense, third down defense as issues that held them back
- "dont' know how there can't be a scrum when you're dealing with the 1-yard line ... don't know how to coach it"
- "This game didn't have to be close"
- "Feel for the game, what you've run already" goes into the decisions on 4th down (where was that feel on the first play of our two minute offense? )
- "Fought their tails off, just didn't finish it. That's what frustrates me the most"
- cites "lack of efficiency and execution" in the red zone ... mentions "we don't execute a throw we've done a million times in practice" (is that a knock on Henne? On a WR? He's never thrown a player under the bus before)
- "we're lucky we have the kicker we have"
- on jason allen/sean smith: "we'll see what we do" .. sean "didn't make any errors" .. .they ended up w/same number of plays
- had an extra red zone period each of the past 2 weeks ... spent 7 or 8 more practice plays on thursday
- "design of the play is good" ... have to look at where it's breaking down
- "you've got to come away with more than one touchdown"
- it wasn't clemons' mistake on the 29-yarder to moore ... "you got the wrong guy" ... probably an LB? (Koa Misi from what I've read)
- steelers played "a ton of two deep ... weren't going to let brandon get the ball down the field"
- on lack of 4 wides on final possession: "not in that situation"
- John jerry hasn't been getting any reps at tackle (which he played as a junior @ ole miss) or even left guard.
- Misi has slipped into bobby carpenter's former inside coverage role in the nickel. Misi blitzed when he should've covered
- Point on Jerry is if he's inactive b/c he only plays RG, maybe Fins should cross-train him to get him back in the mix
- "we need to score more points" ... says he couldn't have imagined offense would produce a max of 2 TDs in each game so far
- Jared odrick says he did not have a lisfranc fracture, not sure what type it is. "Just know it's not good"
- Odrick says he's treating this year "like a redshirt year"
- Kendall langford says "the whole team is pissed off." Says the only cure is a win @ cincy
- Langford with a bag of ice on his left hand/wrist area, but seems in good spirits
- Kendall Langford says Big Ben is "lying" when he claims he had a piece of that fumble in the end zone