Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: What should happen to Sparano if fins fail to make the playoffs or go 8-8?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep him regardless of this season's outcome.

41 35.04%
  • Keep him only if he has winning record, even if fins dont make the playoffs

4 3.42%
  • He can stay as long as Henning goes

45 38.46%
  • Fire him

17 14.53%
  • Fire him and Ireland.

10 8.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: If Fins finish 8-8, What should be done about the coach?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Poll: If Fins finish 8-8, What should be done about the coach?

Just curious on people's take on Sparano. I myself lost faith after yet another mismanaged game where bad decisions especially in crunch time cost the fins the game.
    Fire Dan Henning From the Miami Dolphins facebook page(soon to be Fire Jeff Ireland) (join it!): http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...64341396924028

How Philbin aka Mr. Mackey reacts when other coaches make in game adjustments:
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why wasnt this thread up a week ago when we played the Packers?
    You certainly could have gotten the public faith on our coach then.

Why wait until after a game in which we score a good deal of points against the hottest team in the NFL and lost because of an admitted ref error to create this poll? Why ask this question after we lose a game under the most questionable means possible? Even the NFL is admitting that they screwed the pooch on the call, if not the replay.
    Upon further review, the
    officiating crew in Sunday's Miami Dolphins-Pittsburgh Steelers contest made only one mistake on the game's pivotal play.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

They screwed up the call on the field and could not get around that(even though they had no motivation to do so). They can continue to try and overshadow it, but the fact remains they called the play dead waaaay to prematurely.

Either way, we played one of the best teams in football and "beat them". So why pull up this thread when we get robbed?
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered

#freespesh. Because HIPAA
    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....e-Recap-Thread
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Why wasnt this thread up a week ago when we played the Packers?
    You certainly could have gotten the public faith on our coach then.

Why wait until after a game in which we score a good deal of points against the hottest team in the NFL and lost because of an admitted ref error to create this poll? Why ask this question after we lose a game under the most questionable means possible? Even the NFL is admitting that they screwed the pooch on the call, if not the replay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

They screwed up the call on the field and could not get around that(even though they had no motivation to do so). They can continue to try and overshadow it, but the fact remains they called the play dead waaaay to prematurely.

Either way, we played one of the best teams in football and "beat them". So why pull up this thread when we get robbed?
    I think I posted somewhere that last week's game was a win that should of been more comfortable since the packers were missing 8 starters. Also I said before the game it would be close regardless of who played because the fins cant close out teams even bad ones or ones with half their starters out.

Answer this honesly:
    Fings get the ball back, do you really think they would of not run 3 str8 times for 3 yards and then punted it back giving the steelers another chance? We will never know, what we do know is terrible play calling led to the fins not scroing from the pitt 20 and 11, and later from the 4!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Juck the Fets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    IMO, 8 - 8 is not bad considering the schedule played and having to work with a senial OC who still thinks he is coaching in the 80's.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He needs to go !!!!!!! It's like watching a stone mason, trying to be a finish carpenter. What the hell does anybody see on game day that makes you think this guy is head coaching material. Is it our great clock management? Our wonderful 2 min offense? Our fansastic use of timeouts? Or maybe it's his mangnificent fist pump and celebration after a field goal. Sparano is the Jay Fielder of coaching.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fire him. He's a good assistant coach, not a good head coach. He plays not to lose - you don't win super bowls that way. And it would be a shame to waste the talent on the team on a coach who won't leave it all on the field. You trust your players or you don't.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    He needs to go !!!!!!! It's like watching a stone mason, trying to be a finish carpenter. What the hell does anybody see on game day that makes you think this guy is head coaching material. Is it our great clock management? Our wonderful 2 min offense? Our fansastic use of timeouts? Or maybe it's his mangnificent fist pump and celebration after a field goal. Sparano is the Jay Fielder of coaching.
    With Tony's faults comes strengths. The guy is a great motivator and his players get up to play for him each and every week. And honestly, when you don't call the plays on offense or defense, what more is there to do besides clock management, challenge decisions, and getting your team reved up.

I'm personally sick of the coaching carroussel and am ready to give him 1 more year beyond this. If things go ever further south in 2011, we move on. Remember, we are not far removed from the worst string of coaches (probably exaggerated) in NFL history (Wanstedt, Bates, Saban, Cameron)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    8-8 is unforgivable.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zachblitz54 View Post
    IMO, 8 - 8 is not bad considering the schedule played and having to work with a senial OC who still thinks he is coaching in the 80's.
    first of all the girl in ur sig is so ****in hot.

anyways, ya under those circumstances i guess 8-8 wouldnt be bad, but overall 8-8 ****in sucks. if we go anything worse than 10-6 imo, we need a new coaching staff.

i want a coaching staff that is mean and gutsy and wont put up with **** like this. i mean this is a joke. 2nd and goal at the 2 yd line vs the jets and our ****in staff throws 2 passes, but when we got 1st and 10 at the 15 yd line this week and in general, we run the ball 3 times.

this staff is just way to conservative and makes no sense to me. we need a change if we dont turn things around, and by around , i mean postseason or bust. i want to see this team be a mean mother****in team for once.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I had to pick fire him and Ireland because there was no option to just fire Ireland. Tony is ok, but if losing him meant we would be rid of Ireland I would be a happy man.
    Quote Quote