Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

That unlikely uprising left the Miami Dolphins as the only team in the high-flying AFC without a 30-point game this season.
    Sunday marked the 15th consecutive game under Henne that the Dolphins failed to exceed 25 points
    Even the most recent 30-point explosion, which came almost a full year ago (Nov. 1 at the Jets), featured two special teams scores from Ted Ginn Jr. and another from the defense ( Jason Taylor).
    Four trips to the Steelers' 21-yard-line or closer failed to produce a touchdown Sunday.
    "Lack of efficiency and execution, that would be the thread," Sparano said. "If you're looking for me to say we should have done something different, that there was some magic out there, no, I'm not going to tell you that."

In other words, it's the players not the plays.
    Read 'em and weep folks. Cold hard facts for you.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,2654601.story
    Matt Ryan should be a Miami Dolphin.

On this night it was just the latest reminder that, for this franchise, it seems all the best moments are seen through the prism of the rearview, and ever-receding.
    - Greg Cote

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know how any homer dolphin fan (or any dolphan for that matter) that can read this without throwing up. Miami brings in Brandon Marshall and the offense becomes stagnant. BTW Finnns I see your doghouse is becoming standing room only. I like how Incognito says Miami just stalls when they get into the redzone. No player seems to have the balls to call out Henning on his playcalling. Sparano you said we need TDs not FGs in order to win. Really? I can't tell, dude celebrates FGs with more enthusiasm than he does TDs. I get tired of watching other teams score 30 and 40+ points while Miami is struggling to crack 20 by game's end. It's been 7 years since Miami scored 40+ and now it's been what almost 20 games now without scoring 30 or more?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Sunday we break out. Teams are scoring BIG and producing a lot of yardage against the Bengals. When they give up at least 21 points, they lose (0-5). This feels like a break out game four our offense. Their D line has been horrible against the run. This should be a good test for Ronnie and Ricky.

A lot will be dependent on our defense this game. If they stay disciplined and keep their coverages, they should be able to at least hold them in check somewhat. Big if. We have to get pressure on Palmer, his protection has been atrocious this season. Pressure him often so he doesn't get the chance to burn us.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wasn't Henne the 1st QB since Marino to produce three or four consecutive 30+ games? I think it was last year so he certainly CAN do it. I see this more of a Henning problem. Scott Linehan anyone?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really don't how many points we score as long as we win. I've seen Dolphin teams that score a minimum of 30 points a game. That team had a defense that allowed at least 30 points a game. It's just as frustrating. As long as we win...who cares.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dan henning is ruining chad henne. the guy is a 30+ yard play kind of quarterback, not chad pennington. the game that i think shows this is the one against the jets. henne can throw the ball deep with the best of them. he isnt a west coast offense kind of guy. he is more of a ben roethlisberger/ carson palmer kind of guy. we are a low risk, low reward offense. take some damn chances!! high risk, high reward.. i mean, he doesnt have to be mike martz but at least let him show off his arm strength.. the guy usually completes the ball deep.. how many times has henne thrown an incompete pass over 30 yards? stop holdin back, time to let it rip
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fire Henning!!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Beastin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    add me to the can Henning brigade... I was at the game, and we NEVER ran any deep routes... never even attempt them...

i know we dont have that much speed, but Hartline has shown he can get deep, and so can Marshall... but everything is ins and outs under 20 yards... we dont push the seems, nothing down the field... and its the playcalling not the QB/WR... pathetic...

Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Wasn't Henne the 1st QB since Marino to produce three or four consecutive 30+ games? I think it was last year so he certainly CAN do it. I see this more of a Henning problem. Scott Linehan anyone?
    It was really 2(you went 1-1 in those games) as the third one your D and STs scored 21 pts while your O scored 9.

It's always easy to blame the OC but the players are the ones who have to execute. I never loved Henning as an OC but he's not making you settle for FGs each game, your players are missing plays whether it's a breakdown in the OL, a RB missing a hole, a QB missing a throw, a WR not running a precise route or not catching a ball- it's not all on the OC.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was really 2(you went 1-1 in those games) as the third one your D and STs scored 21 pts while your O scored 9.

It's always easy to blame the OC but the players are the ones who have to execute. I never loved Henning as an OC but he's not making you settle for FGs each game, your players are missing plays whether it's a breakdown in the OL, a RB missing a hole, a QB missing a throw, a WR not running a precise route or not catching a ball- it's not all on the OC.
    it was really 4, and if u dont count that last jet game for some reason, then it was 3, vs the bills, vs u guys, and vs the saints.
    Quote Quote