Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was really 2(you went 1-1 in those games) as the third one your D and STs scored 21 pts while your O scored 9.

It's always easy to blame the OC but the players are the ones who have to execute. I never loved Henning as an OC but he's not making you settle for FGs each game, your players are missing plays whether it's a breakdown in the OL, a RB missing a hole, a QB missing a throw, a WR not running a precise route or not catching a ball- it's not all on the OC.
    I have always been in the 'don't blame the OC' camp, but I am starting to reconsider with Henning. these players are definitely capable of putting up 30 on anybody
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    it was really 4, and if u dont count that last jet game for some reason, then it was 3, vs the bills, vs u guys, and vs the saints.
    Oops, you are right. I missed the Bills game so 3 straight 30+ pt games going 2-1. You can't count the Jet game as the O only scored 9. That's like giving Brady and the Pats O credit for scoring 40+ against you guys when they also got 3 non offensives TDs. The difference in that game was their O also scored 20 and the game wasn't close unlike our 30-25 loss against you guys last year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Juck the Fets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Exactly why Dan Henning needs to go, NOW.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Oops, you are right. I missed the Bills game so 3 straight 30+ pt games going 2-1. You can't count the Jet game as the O only scored 9. That's like giving Brady and the Pats O credit for scoring 40+ against you guys when they also got 3 non offensives TDs. The difference in that game was their O also scored 20 and the game wasn't close unlike our 30-25 loss against you guys last year.
    i mean will never know,but who knows how our offense does on those drives that would have been if ginn does not return the kicks. also jason taylors fumble recovery. i mean its hard to see. either way we found a way to put 30 up.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    It's not just Henning, although I'm not a fan of his, it's been the entire franchise philosophy since we lost Marino. Conservative, don't turn the ball over, small ball offense. I've thought they were just bringing Henne along in phases, but I don't know anymore. They either don't trust him or they're stuck in NFL '70ish. I'm done trying to figure it out, but something has to give.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact of the matter is..... the QB is average..... the play calling is based on the trust of the offensive staff and the HC... and it's "evident" Henne isn't high on the trust list.... thus vanilla.

With 2:34 left to play... decent field position and the two minute warning to stop the clock... Henne had all the ingredients to show he knows how to get it done.... and he sh*t the bed..... he lacks the "intangibles".

Poor execution on the throw to BM for the TD... like the HC said.... "we make that play a million times in practice".... The "evidence" is mounting.... the Parcells remark is gaining a platform....

We have an issue at the QB position.... I don't like it... we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i mean will never know,but who knows how our offense does on those drives that would have been if ginn does not return the kicks. also jason taylors fumble recovery. i mean its hard to see. either way we found a way to put 30 up.
    Our D dominated your offense that day, your only scoring drive came after a fumble that we recovered was given back to you(funny, I don't remember complaining about that one).
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedayafter View Post
    The fact of the matter is..... the QB is average..... the play calling is based on the trust of the offensive staff and the HC... and it's "evident" Henne isn't high on the trust list.... thus vanilla.

With 2:34 left to play... decent field position and the two minute warning to stop the clock... Henne had all the ingredients to show he knows how to get it done.... and he sh*t the bed..... he lacks the "intangibles".

Poor execution on the throw to BM for the TD... like the HC said.... "we make that play a million times in practice".... The "evidence" is mounting.... the Parcells remark is gaining a platform....

We have an issue at the QB position.... I don't like it... we'll see.
    imo, you're barking up the wrong tree, TDA
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thefranchisedef View Post
    dan henning is ruining chad henne. the guy is a 30+ yard play kind of quarterback, not chad pennington. the game that i think shows this is the one against the jets. henne can throw the ball deep with the best of them. he isnt a west coast offense kind of guy. he is more of a ben roethlisberger/ carson palmer kind of guy. we are a low risk, low reward offense. take some damn chances!! high risk, high reward.. i mean, he doesnt have to be mike martz but at least let him show off his arm strength.. the guy usually completes the ball deep.. how many times has henne thrown an incompete pass over 30 yards? stop holdin back, time to let it rip
    but we have no 30 yard + receivers...

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    imo, you're barking up the wrong tree, TDA
    This is not a knee jerk observation..... Henne has issues... some created and some just part of the DNA.... but an issue it is... just the same.
    Quote Quote