Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 84

Thread: Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

  1. -31
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,005
    vCash:
    21809
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finnns2000 View Post
    Read 'em and weep folks. Cold hard facts for you.

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,2654601.story
    Wow. I didnt even realize that is 15 straight games without a even a single 30 burger. Sadly the one we did have before the 15 game streak was due to kick returns and a defensive score. Man thats abysmal. The Raiders scored more points in 3 qtrs on Sunday than we will typically score in 3 games. With JASON CAMBPELL AS THEIR QB!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,005
    vCash:
    21809
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsTD View Post
    I wonder if the majority of our fans realize just how hard it is to find an elite QB.

    Every team in the NFL is either trying to find one, or develop one behind the gut they have.

    There are maybe 4-5 elite QB's in the league, and our fans act as if Henne isn't one we need to get rid of him tomorrow. It simply doesn't work that way.
    True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    DphinBillkiller's Avatar
    Touchdown

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    6,806
    vCash:
    9425
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    While I would prefer some high scoring games, the bottom line is still the wins.

    Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Phins28's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,298
    vCash:
    1392
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Toyota LogoManchester United FCXbox Logo
    Dan Henning + Sparano possed by the demon of Dave Wannstedt = poor offense
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,094
    vCash:
    4186
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.

    There's one way to make DAMN SURE you don't ever find one...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,554
    vCash:
    17799
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.
    How about with the 2nd pick when the best QB in the draft is still available but instead you sign a journeyman whose most notable claim to fame is ramming his head through cement walls and then dip into your SEC data bank of under-achievers to use that pick on a running back when good ones can often be found later on or under rocks from your coven of SEC under achievers?







    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,094
    vCash:
    4186
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    How about with the 2nd pick when the best QB in the draft is still available but instead you sign a journeyman whose most notable claim to fame is ramming his head through cement walls and then dip into your SEC data bank of under-achievers to use that pick on a running back when good ones can often be found later on or under rocks from your coven of SEC under achievers?

    Aaron Rodgers wasn't worth a top 10 pick... which is why he kept sliding into the 20's on draft day... NFL teams were on the same page with that.

    The list of Jeff Tedford QB busts was long enough to spook ANY team off...


    You also keep talking about SEC underachievers, yet keep throwing out the "RB for Houston from Notre Dame"... who's: A.) Not from Notre Dame.. B.) From the SEC... C.) Doing anything but underachieving for himself...


    You're all over the place...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,600
    vCash:
    34623
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who do you guys think would make a heck of an oc for us...??? cause i'm looking HARD
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    finnns2000's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    2,129
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    Wow. I didnt even realize that is 15 straight games without a even a single 30 burger. Sadly the one we did have before the 15 game streak was due to kick returns and a defensive score. Man thats abysmal. The Raiders scored more points in 3 qtrs on Sunday than we will typically score in 3 games. With JASON CAMBPELL AS THEIR QB!!!!!!!!!!
    It's sad. Even the Browns and Bills can put up points. This offense is a trainwreck.
    Matt Ryan should be a Miami Dolphin.

    On this night it was just the latest reminder that, for this franchise, it seems all the best moments are seen through the prism of the rearview, and ever-receding.
    - Greg Cote

    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    8,159
    vCash:
    15911
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Aaron Rodgers wasn't worth a top 10 pick... which is why he kept sliding into the 20's on draft day... NFL teams were on the same page with that.

    The list of Jeff Tedford QB busts was long enough to spook ANY team off...


    You also keep talking about SEC underachievers, yet keep throwing out the "RB for Houston from Notre Dame"... who's: A.) Not from Notre Dame.. B.) From the SEC... C.) Doing anything but underachieving for himself...


    You're all over the place...
    he isn't all over the place you know damn well what and who he is talking about

    He is saying Rounningbacks can be found later - like Arian Foster

    As far as Rodgers goes... (he locks onto receivers too and throws bad picks) but he is a player

    Actually everyone had a short- long term solution at QB but the Phins and Niners- that's why Rodgers lasted so long - Saban went for the SEC Running back - Rodgers was capable from the get go - it was a numbers game Saban loved Ronnie the rest is history - Saban jammed us in many other ways through the draft.
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Cold facts of NFL: coaches icing kickers
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM
  2. hooshoops coors light cold hard nfl draft day facts
    By hooshoops in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 01:51 AM
  3. The Cold hard truth is .......
    By Captain Lou in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 01:54 AM
  4. Cold Hard Football Facts on Pennington.... Interesting read
    By gfish24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 09:21 PM
  5. Cold Hard Truth
    By NCfinFan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •