Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

1. -41
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    he isn't all over the place you know damn well what and who he is talking about

He is saying Rounningbacks can be found later - like Arian Foster

As far as Rodgers goes... (he locks onto receivers too and throws bad picks) but he is a player

Actually everyone had a short- long term solution at QB but the Phins and Niners- that's why Rodgers lasted so long - Saban went for the SEC Running back - Rodgers was capable from the get go - it was a numbers game Saban loved Ronnie the rest is history - Saban jammed us in many other ways through the draft.

He is all over the place... I've been correcting him for 3 weeks now on this same post and he keeps repeating it...

Arian Foster didn't play his college ball for Notre Dame... he played at Tennessee... the SEC... which he keeps referring to for some reason as underachievers...

If running backs are so easy to find why do teams keep using 1st round picks on them? Why couldn't Miami ever find one? Why did they trade two 1st rounders for a crackhead?

If Saban hadn't drafted Ronnie, this regime wouldn't even have a starting point to run an offense... much less the WildCrutch...

Go back to straining your eyes trying to follow a hockey puck... football just isn't your cup o' tea rev...
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    Wow. I didnt even realize that is 15 straight games without a even a single 30 burger. Sadly the one we did have before the 15 game streak was due to kick returns and a defensive score. Man thats abysmal. The Raiders scored more points in 3 qtrs on Sunday than we will typically score in 3 games. With JASON CAMBPELL AS THEIR QB!!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure it was Cambpell putting up those points. Check out the day the Raiders RBs had. Im sure Henne would have produced more points with half the production the raiders gained on the ground Sunday.

But how important is a good running game for a young QB anyway? A decent TE? nah...they mean nothing...
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYinBostonFin View Post
    But how important is a good running game for a young QB anyway? A decent TE? nah...they mean nothing...
    Excuses. Henne has a couple targets in Bess and Marshall that are excellent for a young QB. I've been saying we should've drafted a TE all season but nooooo, Fasano is good enough. No he isn't.

As for the running game, I think some of that can be attributed to a weaker OL, specifically the interior.
    Matt Ryan should be a Miami Dolphin.

On this night it was just the latest reminder that, for this franchise, it seems all the best moments are seen through the prism of the rearview, and ever-receding.
    - Greg Cote

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I hate not balming the players as usually that's what I do. However I feel this has been the trend for awhile, maybe I need to do more research but here goes.
    1. Miami comes out with an ultra conservative gameplan, the main objective is to not turn the ball over and lose the game.
    2. Running game is stuffed, opposing team scores some points, now we are behind.
    3. Offense looks almost like many of us aspire them to look an get back into the game, many times building a small lead.
    4. Offense goes back into the ultra conservative mode doing everything it can not to lose the game by turning the ball over.
    5. Defense is on the field trying to prevent a late tying or game winning FG or TD.

Since 2008 there have been so many games that follow this script. We have won a lot of them but you will not beat good teams with it. We had chance to make things very uncomfotable for both GB and Pittsburgh over the last 2 weeks and the offense certainly showed they had the ability to do it. However, we have to prove we can run the ball because being physical is more important than scoring points .
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    who do you guys think would make a heck of an oc for us...??? cause i'm looking HARD

I think Bill Musgrave deserves another shot... he's the quarterback coach for the Atlanta Falcons... I remember watching him play QB for Oregon 20 years ago... He learned his trade under coaches like George Seifert and Mike Shanahan...

Or go after Pete Carmichael of the Saints if you can get him...

There's several brilliant candidates out there.... there's some legitimate candidates at the college level as well... They're out there you just have to go find them...
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I think Bill Musgrave deserves another shot... he's the quarterback coach for the Atlanta Falcons... I remember watching him play QB for Oregon 20 years ago... He learned his trade under coaches like George Seifert and Mike Shanahan...

Or go after Pete Carmichael of the Saints if you can get him...

There's several brilliant candidates out there.... there's some legitimate candidates at the college level as well... They're out there you just have to go find them...

musgrave was awesome while at uva...i should know...its been one big bag of crap oc's there ever since
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -48

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    musgrave was awesome while at uva...i should know...its been one big bag of crap oc's there ever since

Exactly... he's the guy that turned Matt Shaub into the NFL quarterback prospect that he's become...
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i used to enjoy being a uva fan when musgrave was running the offense...i like your candidates
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    He is all over the place... I've been correcting him for 3 weeks now on this same post and he keeps repeating it...

Arian Foster didn't play his college ball for Notre Dame... he played at Tennessee... the SEC... which he keeps referring to for some reason as underachievers...

If running backs are so easy to find why do teams keep using 1st round picks on them? Why couldn't Miami ever find one? Why did they trade two 1st rounders for a crackhead?

If Saban hadn't drafted Ronnie, this regime wouldn't even have a starting point to run an offense... much less the WildCrutch...

Go back to straining your eyes trying to follow a hockey puck... football just isn't your cup o' tea rev...
    Well Ted, I do respect your knowledge and grasp (and your tongue in cheek humor) more than I do most, but when it comes to the pro level "Idiot Sabant" you've got a disconnect...but you are both right and wrong about Foster being from TN and not ND. However I'm right that as an UFA he's a bargain but as the #2 pick in the draft he would have been an under-achiever, yet another SEC one that Saban seemed to gravitate towards instead of broadening his horizons.

I've read a few scouting reports, obviously retroactively, and it sure looks like you're minimizing Aaron Rodgers who some rated the best prospect and also the best arm of the 3 going into the draft. I've seen accounts where SF couldn't decide on Smith or Rodgers up until a day before it began. I've read other scouting reports that put Rodgers as the very best player in the draft, not just QBs. and the following from USA Today's Scouting Report is particularly interesting, especially considering that your boy Saban decided to fix our problems with a guy who likes to put his head through cement walls.

Miami: Six years after Dan Marino retired, the franchise still is searching for the ideal replacement who might ultimately save Nick Saban a ton of headaches.
    So bottom-line, forget your Travis Daniels, J Allens, etc.. Saban screwed the pooch on Ronnie over Rodgers. Jake Long was a compelling consensus #1 pick; it was easy to select him and he sure hasn't disappointed. But then again we wouldn't be having these back and forths if Saban had a clue what he was doing.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote