Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Most Productive and Efficient Pure Pass Rushers in the NFL

1. -11
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Now I have, of course, emphasized the upside.

The downside of this is, Matt Roth is 100% a better player than Koa Misi this year, and not only that but he's one of the best 3-4 OLBs in the NFL. And that's for really real. He's made plays in coverage, he's as good against the run as you'd imagine, and he's making all kinds of noise as a pass rusher.

And so this is where reality strikes. If Miami had simply kept Roth, they could have exercised the #12 pick on someone like Dez Bryant, and Miami would have Matt Roth and Dez Bryant rather than Jared Odrick and Koa Misi.

And THAT hurts. Right now, anyway. I'm not going to say something stupid like Koa Misi will definitely be better than Matt Roth one day because we can't predict the future. Nor am I going to pretend that Jared Odrick sucks though, because I was very impressed with him before he went out. It is what it is.
    I remember being pretty mad when we cut him and most everyone was saying that he sucked...He was VERY underrated during his time here. Still blows my mind that we released him for NOTHING with nobody even there to replace him.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LaMarr Woodley entire rookie season: 14 tackles 4.0 sacks
    Koa Misi: 14 tackles 4.0 sacks
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    LaMarr Woodley entire rookie season: 14 tackles 4.0 sacks
    Koa Misi: 14 tackles 4.0 sacks
    To be fair, Pittsburgh rarely starts rookies. Woodley didn't play much in his first year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    awesome...somebody please please please tell omar this so he can stop saying we need another pass rusher opposite Wake
    Follow me on Twitter... @Scoffaveli
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't get it.

"On the left you'll find the most productive from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. On the right the most efficient, from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. The points per pass rush are multiplied by 100 for ease of reading."

How do you define the bolded terms?

Because the 3 columns of numbers in both these charts are exactly the same for each player and I don't see what is creating the different ranking (layout on my screen is not left/right but one above the other also, did something get cutoff which might explain things?).
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn View Post
    I don't get it.

"On the left you'll find the most productive from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. On the right the most efficient, from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. The points per pass rush are multiplied by 100 for ease of reading."

How do you define the bolded terms?

Because the 3 columns of numbers in both these charts are exactly the same for each player and I don't see what is creating the different ranking (layout on my screen is not left/right but one above the other also, did something get cutoff which might explain things?).
    Mine is displayed the same way, take for example wake and hall.

Wake has accumulated 62 'points' while Hall has recorded 58 'points'. Wake is more productive.

BUT!

It took wake 16 extra pass rushes to accumulate those 4 extra points. Making Hall more efficient.

Basically, hall gets more points on average everytime he rushes the QB, but wake has more points. Either way wake is 1st in production and 2nd in efficiency ;]
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoffaveli View Post
    awesome...somebody please please please tell omar this so he can stop saying we need another pass rusher opposite Wake
    We still need another pass rusher.If Wake isn't getting near QB's we don't get any real pass rush.

Misi gets stats because he's a very active player, he's still no where near a " good " pass rusher.

Misi could become that guy but right now he's just not there.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballcb95 View Post
    Mine is displayed the same way, take for example wake and hall.

Wake has accumulated 62 'points' while Hall has recorded 58 'points'. Wake is more productive.

BUT!

It took wake 16 extra pass rushes to accumulate those 4 extra points. Making Hall more efficient.

Basically, Hall gets more points on average everytime he rushes the QB, but wake has more points. Either way wake is 1st in production and 2nd in efficiency ;]
    Ok, that helps, thanks.

"They said there would be no Math!"
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great info, and great analysis.

This is the kind of information that GMs & scouting services use to evaluate players.
    It's nice to get a taste of the reality, rather than just a player's reputation, etc.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another thing I don't see mentioned all that much is that because of the way Miami is using Koa Misi, he is GENERALLY rushing a lot more over left tackle than right tackle. The Misi-Wake tandem tends to be strong/weak oriented on base downs but right/left on pass downs, and most of Misi's snaps have been on pass downs, and so the sacks, hits and pressures that he is earning, he's earning from the likes of Bryant McKinnie, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Matt Light, Chad Clifton and Max Starks, more often than not.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote