Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Most Productive and Efficient Pure Pass Rushers in the NFL

1. -21
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn View Post
    I don't get it.

"On the left you'll find the most productive from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. On the right the most efficient, from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. The points per pass rush are multiplied by 100 for ease of reading."

How do you define the bolded terms?

Because the 3 columns of numbers in both these charts are exactly the same for each player and I don't see what is creating the different ranking (layout on my screen is not left/right but one above the other also, did something get cutoff which might explain things?).
    The left is sorted by production, the right is sorted by efficiency.

So it's like if you had a table that shows Running Backs with their yards and yards per carry. The chart on the left would be sorted by total yards. The chart on the right would be sorted by yards per carry.

And actually it's not left and right for some screens, it's top and bottom. There are two picture files, I intended for them to display side by side but on some displays it's just the one, and then the other below.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    We still need another pass rusher.If Wake isn't getting near QB's we don't get any real pass rush.

Misi gets stats because he's a very active player, he's still no where near a " good " pass rusher.

Misi could become that guy but right now he's just not there.
    Based on what evidence? Because I just provided strong evidence that he is in fact a "good" pass rusher.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't think that if that breakdown is meant to indicate that koa misi is one of the most consistent pass rushers in the nfl its very accurate...cause while misi has had some sacks and i think i know of at least one of which was a coverage sack he hasn't since week 2 brought consistent pass rush pressure the last 4 games or so...

what i do think he does a good job of when he doesn't provide quick pressure is leaving himself in good position to make plays on scrambling qbs near the los...

but consistent initial pass rush pressure ...i haven't seen it lately...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i don't think that if that breakdown is meant to indicate that koa misi is one of the most consistent pass rushers in the nfl its very accurate...cause while misi has had some sacks and i think i know of at least one of which was a coverage sack he hasn't since week 2 brought consistent pass rush pressure the last 4 games or so...

what i do think he does a good job of when he doesn't provide quick pressure is leaving himself in good position to make plays on scrambling qbs near the los...

I agree with this, but would also point out that Misi's "style" of pass-rushing is very complementary to Wake. In a way it's almost preferable to having two Cam Wakes...(I probably wouldn't go that far, but hopefully the point isn't lost in the exaggeration).
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    minor point ck, but to me a sack should be more like 4 points if a hit is 2. Getting hit by itself doesn't necessarily ruin the play but a sack guarantees not just 0 but negative yards. But in any case, awesome info!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a counter argument, a qb could be protected beautiful most of the game, not even getting touched, and then a freak sack happens. Yes his team will lose a down and yardage but his mental make up doesn't necessarily change. Taking a sack can be a better option than intentional grounding in certain circumstances. A rusher consistently getting to the qb and laying hard hits and disrupt the timing and continuity of the offense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

The evidence, both anecdotal and statistical, simply doesn't support that conclusion.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great stuff, CK.

I think that your point about the caliber of pass blocker that Misi is going up against is very revealing.

Regardless of anyone's subject opinion on Misi's ability to consistently pressure the quarterback, the fact that he's putting up these numbers just six games into his NFL career is extremely promising.

Miami's 3-4 linebacker has gone from one of the oldest and most pedestrian in the NFL to one of the youngest and most productive.

Props to the current regime.
    No mercy for posters who are:
    -completely one-sided
    -incapable of adjusting & reforming their original opinions on a player/coach
    -incapable of complimenting a player/coach they don't like or criticizing a player/coach they do like
    -believe that what they think they see is beyond reproach
    -incapable of exchanging opposing thoughts & ideas to arrive at a new & more refined point of view

You know who you are...
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Wake he looks pretty good, and Misi is a sure tackler too
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote