Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do you want Moss on the Phins?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, via waivers or FA

208 62.28%
  • Yes, only via waivers

61 18.26%
  • Yes, only via FA

7 2.10%
  • No

58 17.37%
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread!

1. -111
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how about we give moss the money that henning is making this season and release henning. wish we could do that, lol.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I mean I don't think we get him for free. We have to pay him like 3.5 million for the rest of the season.

Please make this happen!!

Marshall/Moss/Bess/Hartline/Wallace

Your 2 starters focus on WR, your other 3 participate in special teams.

Now THAT is a WR corps . . . last year was Ginn/Hartline/Bess/Camarillo/London lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need a number 2 or a 1b. Do it and do it now! I bet Moss would have a fire underneath him and he could stretch the field. It will be like Christmas.
    Hope is not a strategy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks

Clarity on the Randy Moss Waiver Process

UPDATE: he has not officially been waived yet deadline was 4pm eastern, so at this time he is still a minnesota viking.

UPDATE2:Adam Schefter still has us #18 but he has order of a few teams slightly different: Redskins (15th), Bears (17th), Dolphins (18th), Chiefs (25th)

UPDATE3:here is nfl.com list alot are using this for waiver order
    http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...r=asc&colSel=5

here is order from espn, this 1 should be the best available
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...l-waiver-order

this list is not official but we are somewhere #17-#19 in claim order.

I believe we are #18 in current waiver order. Moss was playing on a $6.4 million salary. The team that signs him will owe him 9 game checks of this salary, or $3.38-3.6 million this season. Teams I believe will consider putting in a claim that are ahead of us are: Denver, SD, Wash, StLouis, Oak, Sea. IMO it is a no-brainer for the Dolphins to put in a claim. Even at a half year rental he probably brings back compensation if he signs elsewhere in the offseason. By 4 pm eastern tomorrow we will know who wins the waiver claim.
    ** he has not been officially waived so we will not know tomorrow**

1 Buffalo Bills
    2 Dallas Cowboys
    3 Carolina Panthers
    4 San Francisco 49ers
    5 Denver Broncos
    6 Minnesota Vikings
    7 Detroit Lions
    8 Cleveland Browns
    9 Cincinnati Bengals
    10 San Diego Chargers
    11 Arizona Cardinals
    12 Washington Redskins
    13 St. Louis Rams
    14 Oakland Raiders
    15 Jacksonville Jaguars
    16 Seattle Seahawks
    17 Chicago Bears
    18 Miami Dolphins
    19 Philadelphia Eagles
    20 Tennessee Titans
    21 New Orleans Saints
    22 Green Bay Packers
    23 Indianapolis Colts
    24 Houston Texans
    25 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    26 Pittsburgh Steelers
    27 New York Jets
    28 New York Giants
    29 Kansas City Chiefs
    30 Baltimore Ravens
    31 Atlanta Falcons
    32 New England Patriots

WELCOME
    Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby, Richie Incognito, Tim Dobbins
    Jared Odrick, Koa Misi, John Jerry, AJ Edds, Nolan Carroll, Reshad Jones, Chris McCoy, Austin Spitler

*major MMA supporter!!!!!*
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    However this Randy Moss fiasco ends up, lets give our FO some credit. It looks like it took all of 30-40 mins (and for all we know even quicker) for Miami to contact Moss's agent after finding out he was a FA. I love that no matter what they are being agressive about looking at every option and are willing to be agressive in improving our team. Even this late into the season.

Ya most likely every team will end up atleast calling him, but seatle and Miami were the first and only ones to be mentoned by Moss's agent as being interested so quickly and so far.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

6. -116

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me, Moss brings that vertical threat that turns this team into a contender THIS YEAR. Play the guy who is gonna click the best with those 2 big WR's. This now becomes the best trio of WR's in the league IMO, if it happens of course, which is HIGHLY unlikely, but a possiblity with Parcells not here.
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could see several of those teams putting in a claim for Moss. I would like to have him here, but it looks like a pipedream when you look at it like that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

ASK MIKE: Should the Miami Dolphins roll the dice with Randy Moss?

Q: Just heard Vikings released Randy Moss. Fins should claim him ASAP. Omar, Oakland Park.

A: Well, it’s not that simple. When is it ever simple with Moss? First off, there’s still $3.38 million left on his contract. Not an outrageous sum, but still enough to throw some things out of whack in the Dolphins’ universe. Where, for instance, both running backs are unsigned for next year and Davone Bess recently signed a hard-won extension through 2013 for less money annually than Moss would get to finish out the season.

Secondly, wherever Moss goes, even being claimed off the scrap heap, he’s going to expect at least a good-faith promise that his new employer will take care of him financially after the season. Without that, you run the risk of watching Moss go into Operation Shutdown at his next workplace as well.

Thirdly, how would Moss co-exist with Brandon Marshall in the Dolphins’ receivers room? They might sound like a dream pairing in theory, and I’ll admit the possibility is pretty tantalizing, but how do you think the Beast would respond to having to slice up the pie into even more pieces? Marshall already has been limited to just five catches in each of the past two games. Now along comes Moss and everybody’s just supposed to be one big happy family? As Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning said last week, “If you ask Brandon, you should throw it every down as long as you throw it to him.” I’m pretty sure Moss feels the same way.

Fourth, how much does Moss really have left? The Patriots deemed him expendable a quarter of the way through another playoff-caliber season, and how often have they been wrong about a big decision like that? Moss then went to Minnesota and didn’t exactly set the world on fire (13 catches for 174 yards and two touchdowns). In fact, he didn’t even last a month. Oh, and he turns 34 a week after the next Super Bowl.

Another complication is the Dolphins’ 4-3 record. That puts them behind at least 15 other teams in the waiver line, and the Bears (also 4-3 along with the Eagles) might get to pick ahead of them as well based on their identical 2009 records. What are the odds Moss passes through the hands of the Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Broncos (Josh McDaniels had him in New England), 49ers and Raiders (Al Davis loves his tearful reunions).

Now, should Moss get all the way to the Dolphins in the middle of the waivers process over these next 72 hours, they may well want to claim Moss, if for no other reason than to keep him away from their AFC East rivals in New England (Didn’t all that lovey-dovey stuff make you want to throw up Sunday?) or the Meadowlands. Should Moss clear waivers, he can be signed for the veteran’s minimum while still collecting the rest of his pay from the imploding Vikings.

Would Moss behave as a Dolphin? Who knows? But the presence of Chad Pennington, his former quarterback at Marshall and longtime Friend of Randy, would certainly give the Dolphins something to think about. Then again, that wouldn’t be Pennington out there on the field directly passes at Moss. It would be Chad Henne.

The Dolphins already let Moss get past them in the 1998 NFL draft, trading down and taking the regrettable John Avery instead. They let him get past them in 2007, when the Patriots stole him from the Raiders for a fourth-round draft pick. And they watched Moss fly right past them again less than a month ago, when wound up back in Minnesota for another mid-round draft pick.

If it comes to this, are you willing to let Moss slip through the Dolphins’ fingers one more time? Or do you roll the dice, pay the money, pair him with Marshall and hope their egos don’t cause the whole team to implode?

Me? I stand pat and let him go past again. Even if he winds up back with the Patriots or with the Jets, I let him go and wish him the best of luck.

That’s how sacred the competitive spirit is to me. That’s how offensive I find the very notion a Hall of Fame talent like Randy Moss only gives top effort when it suits him.
    shar.es/09MG1
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    I need a Mojito

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    Why does Seattle have priority over Miami? They're both 4-3. Whats the tie breaker?
    Believe it would be the same as the draft. Which would mean that the first tiebreaker is strength of schedule. Since we've had one of the toughest schedules, and they're in the NFC West, and have a combined opponent schedule of less than .500, I'm guessing they have priority.

You're 25...and the player you're talking about is 26...quit calling him kid...you're not Bear Bryant...
    Quote Quote  

10. -120

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    Howver this Randy Moss fiasco ends up, lets give our FO some credit. It looks like it took all of 30-40 mins (and for all we know even quicker) for Miami to contact Moss's agent after finding out he was a FA. I love that no matter what they are being agressive about looking at every option and are willing to be agressive in improving our team. Even this late into the season.

Ya most likely every team will end up atleast calling me, but seatle and Miami were the first and only ones to be mentoned by Moss's agent as being interested so quickly and so far.
    Chubbs
    You can tell they weren't that happy with Hartline by not starting him on Sunday. Wallace came in and stepped out of bounds and still dropped the TD. I think if Moss falls into their laps, they pull the trigger. Though with the Cheatriots they may have paid Moss 10 million uner the table to sabatoge every team the Patriots play LOL
    Quote Quote