Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Cam Newton

  1. -1
    chrisbaucom's Avatar
    Fins4Life

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    1,034
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Cam Newton

    Very Interesting. Don't know if Auburn gave him any money or if Rogers was acting on his behalf like he says, but it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5765214
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    BAMAPHIN 22's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    19,668
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A man who said he represented Auburn quarterback and Heisman hopeful Cameron Newton during his recruitment out of junior college last year asked for payment to secure his commitment to Mississippi State, according to former MSU player John Bond.

    Newton has led Auburn (9-0) to the No. 3 ranking in The Associated Press poll and the No. 2 spot in the most recent Bowl Championship Series standings.

    "I will say this, very loud and very clear: Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University. Period. End of story," Auburn coach Gene Chizik said Thursday night on his weekly radio show.

    Bond said he went straight to MSU with the allegations.

    "During the 2009 football season, I was contacted by a former football teammate, who represented to me that he was speaking for the Newton camp," Bond said in a statement given to the AP through his attorney. "He told me that Cam Newton wanted to play at Mississippi State, but that a specified payment would have to be made.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...html?tag=stack
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    LSUfreek:


    I lost hard at the laptop




    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,951
    vCash:
    8782
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, this story just got VERY interesting...

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315

    And this...I remember reading the original thread about this on the Rivals Mainboard.

    http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1150522

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,004
    vCash:
    3206
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Ok, this story just got VERY interesting...

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315

    And this...I remember reading the original thread about this on the Rivals Mainboard.

    http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1150522
    You barely beat me to it. GatorCountry just blew the hell up. Can we drop the Urban Meyer conspiracy theory now?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,951
    vCash:
    8782
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    You barely beat me to it. GatorCountry just blew the hell up. Can we drop the Urban Meyer conspiracy theory now?
    Mainboard is going APE **** right now. Should be an interesting night over there lol.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,004
    vCash:
    3206
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check out this thread from a TCU board.

    http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/...ic=125319&st=0

    Aside from the very telling opening post, did you catch anything else unusual there? Like the timestamp of that post? Nearly 9 hours before this story broke on ESPN.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,951
    vCash:
    8782
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Check out this thread from a TCU board.

    http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/...ic=125319&st=0

    Aside from the very telling opening post, did you catch anything else unusual there? Like the timestamp of that post? Nearly 9 hours before this story broke on ESPN.
    Seen this thread on the Mainboard as well. The kid from the Auburn page broke all of this like four days before anything really went down. Everyone just kind of wrote it all off as he was making **** up. I don't think the NCAA can move fast enough to rule Newton ineligible the rest of the season unless some hardcore evidence surfaces such as these tapes from this Mississippi booster.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,004
    vCash:
    3206
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It does say that that MSU booster turned the tapes in last week so the NCAA has to have examined them at least once. This is the Heisman front-runner we're talking about here. But if there's anything the NCAA has proven to us with their investigations, it's that they are literally slower than Christmas. It took them years to finish their probe into the Bush scandal and they still aren't finished with that mess at UNC. I seriously doubt any action is taken with him before the end of this season. And if you're Auburn, why pull him out now? You've already played 10 games with the guy that you would have to vacate anyway if it's proven that he was ineligible. Just go for it all and pray that something miraculously ****s up the NCAA's investigation.

    One other thing that keeps popping up in all these discussions is that apparently Cam's dad's church recently got an awfully pricey makeover.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,987
    vCash:
    3398
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    It does say that that MSU booster turned the tapes in last week so the NCAA has to have examined them at least once. This is the Heisman front-runner we're talking about here. But if there's anything the NCAA has proven to us with their investigations, it's that they are literally slower than Christmas. It took them years to finish their probe into the Bush scandal and they still aren't finished with that mess at UNC. I seriously doubt any action is taken with him before the end of this season. And if you're Auburn, why pull him out now? You've already played 10 games with the guy that you would have to vacate anyway if it's proven that he was ineligible. Just go for it all and pray that something miraculously ****s up the NCAA's investigation.

    One other thing that keeps popping up in all these discussions is that apparently Cam's dad's church recently got an awfully pricey makeover.


    Well that's exactly right.... Auburn crossed that bridge a long time ago by letting Cam Newton start the season in the first place... he's been being investigated since the summer.. the only difference is, the public knows about it now.

    It's too late to sit Cam now.... Auburn is either 10-0 or 0-10 right now anyway (if they have to vacate the victories)...

    There's also been some mysterious happenings going back to the recruitment of Michael Dyer from the get go, but that goes on the backburner for now... the big fish here is Newton.

    The bottom line is, Cam Newton has TWO investigations going on surrounding him... One involving recruitment, and the other involving contact with an agent. Auburn's compliance department never cooperated to begin with... which is how it got to this point.

    Mississippi St. was only doing the right thing for themselves by reporting their initial knowledge of someone being associated with Cam and his father trying to solicit money from the University in exchange for Cam's commitment... it's not their fault the trail of evidence has led them to Auburn's front door... it's Auburn's fault for offering more money to secure Cam Newton in the first place.

    The Barner's are so incredibly stupid... it's baffling.. They very well may have just committed program suicide...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Cam Newton
    By betadog in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 02:59 PM
  2. Just met cam newton!!!!
    By Mlapd in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
  3. Still want Cam Newton?
    By JCane in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 02:26 AM
  4. Cam Newton?
    By MIA 23 DOLFAN in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
  5. Will Cam Newton...
    By JCane in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •