Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: I take back my "No" vote in the "Should Tony Sparano be fired?" Poll...

1. -1
    We need better LBs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller

I take back my "No" vote in the "Should Tony Sparano be fired?" Poll...

I'm in disbelief right now. Instead of firing Dan Henning, they bench Chad Henne. Makes no sense. I'm sorry but Sparano is done, he doesn't know how to run a team, with this move I feel like he has lost the players confidence in his decision making. I hope this team gets a front office reboot after this year. I'm not usually this pessimistic about coaching moves but it just became apparent that he is just as oblivious on coaching a team as he is in seeing who should start and who shouldn't. Damn. We're just like Dallas, a lot of talent, but no direction.

P.S. - I like Pennington but it is obvious that this is a step backward not forward. Chad Pennington couldn't beat the Ravens either, as a matter of fact he got handled just like Henne did. What's the constant in both losses to Balitmore? Dan Henning!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Me too. Big supporter of him until today. I think we get a spark with CP, but this move does not need to be made if Henning wasn't predictable as F**k. Henne wasn't awesome but some minor adjustments could have really boosted his play. Tired of the if its working lets stop doing it crap. As well as the if it don't work it has to sometime crap.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The bad part is, if Pennington were to come in and this offense looks REAL good . . . WHY THE HELL WASN'T HE STARTING FROM DAY ONE. You had to have known he was a better fit for the offense . . . now when our schedule was clearly the hardest schedule in the league through 8 weeks, you let Henne get you 4 road wins and win the games he should win and lost 4 games against the 4 best teams in the league.

Now Pennington comes in and gets this lunchtime schedule . . . its kind of funny to be honest with you, but I'm not sour on Pennington at all, just hate the way all of this is being handled.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

It's all about execution. There players aren't executing. Henne isn't putting the ball in places to make extra gains.

Ever notice how our receivers are always getting hit right after a reception? Notice how many drops there are?

Sometimes you can complain about pay calling.. it's the easiest thing you all can do..

I would like to see more complaints about all of the players who have to execute the plays. That includes Henne.

Not to be anyone's apologist.. if there was t be a shake up, this is the easiest one to make.

You all thought Henning was a freaking genius last year with the wildcat.. now you throw him under the bus like some vigilante mob seeking to burn witches.

This was the move that HAD to be made.

Henning will not be fired during the season.

Bank on that... so get over it.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fire Sparano!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

It's all about execution. There players aren't executing. Henne isn't putting the ball in places to make extra gains.

Ever notice how our receivers are always getting hit right after a reception? Notice how many drops there are?

Sometimes you can complain about pay calling.. it's the easiest thing you all can do..

I would like to see more complaints about all of the players who have to execute the plays. That includes Henne.

Not to be anyone's apologist.. if there was t be a shake up, this is the easiest one to make.

You all thought Henning was a freaking genius last year with the wildcat.. now you throw him under the bus like some vigilante mob seeking to burn witches.

This was the move that HAD to be made.

Henning will not be fired during the season.

Bank on that... so get over it.
    That I agree with, and it comes as no suprise . . . but don't try (not you the coaches) to make Chad Henne a scapegoat for the offensive woes. Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years, if you know Pennington is a better fit for what we wanna do, you start Pennington. He looked better in preseason, but I bought into the "vanilla" crap.

I actually expected this to happen, and in the end it's the BEST decision for the team . . . but many people knew this before the season started. Pennington and Henning, works better than Henne and Henning.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh, that was my poll. i'll have to dig it up. pretty sure it was about 40-1 in support of sparano though.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    Fire Sparano!
    what about spolestra...

he has sucked for years at managing lineups....
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pennington has and will be a better fit for THIS offense.

WATCH AND SEE how many times we run the ball from here on out. And we will be successful.

Henning ****ed that up from game #1. Penny can dink and dunk and will get his receivers a chance to make a play. He will just throw it up to marshall who will have a much better 2nd half of the season. But damnit, this is not the right offense for this team to be superbowl caliber.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote