Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

1. -71
    Tony Jabroni

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver.BC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    Its Sparano and most of the coaching staff knowing that they are on the verge of getting fired if they dont put together some wins down the stretch. Thats what it is.

The real reason is that Chad Henne isnt any good and the coaches have finally realized it and are trying to win enough games to save their jobs. They have lost hope in Chad Henne. I said it all day.

But, if you dont believe me, listen to what Adam Schefter......the REAL Adam Schefter says about it..........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5788311

And if you think he is making that up, just tweet him and find out. He will get right back to you.

the real Adam Schefter. whooooooooooo
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    In other words, a lot better than Chad Henne. Who btw, came into that Chargers game where Pennington was playing pretty well and threw a pick 6. He pretty much played terrible the whole game. But, the 0-3 crowd loves to pin that one on Pennington.

Also, in that Colts game, our offense NEVER PUNTED and NEVER TURNED IT OVER. Yet, we lose because our defense gave up TDs in 30 seconds. We actually forced the Colts to punt in that game and still lost. Also, Ted Ginn dropped a sure TD with under a minute to go that Pennington put right on his hands. FROM 40 YARDS AWAY mind you.

The Atlanta game.....well like you said, the whole team played poorly. Pennington was awful in that game too though, you have to admit that. But, you also must consider.........when exactly was the last time anyone beat the Falcons in Atlanta? Around 2 years ago today? They have won what? 15 straight at home? So excuse a QB for having a rough go in Atlanta would ya. Plus, they have Matty Ice.......how can they lose? :lol:
    lol with the matty ice comment. i actually went back and watched matt ryan on nfl sunday ticket shortcuts yesterday, and the guy is real good. not that i hadnt seen him before, but i made sure to watch him closely. guy has got a great arm, great pocket poise, awareness in the pocket, everything u want in a qb, and he is still young. everyone will get to watch him tomorrow as they play the ravens on nfl network, and i sure will be rooting for him as we need balt to lose.

as for everything else, i agree with everything u said. it is funny how the penny haters will peg that san diego game on him when he left the game early with a shoulder injury. we could have still won.

also, i dont even need to ask u this, but im sure u r mad excited to watch this sundays game just like i am. i mean, i get pumped for every game, but i kinda missed pennington. its a shame how people just bash the guy whenever they can, and tend to forget the only happeiness us fin fans have had in our football lives over the past 8 years plus was because of pennington. without him, we would be right now on 8 plus years of no playoffs, and possibly 9. in my short life so far, it was one of the my happiest moments that year.

people love to say how he cant win the big one. well that is the biggest crap i have ever heard. there are plenty of incredible qbs who r ring-less, like Marino, Fouts, Tarkenton, Kelly, Moon, etc, does not mean they cant win the big one,( well maybe Kelly and Tarkenton bc they had their chances with solid teams) and im not saying Pennington is in those qbs league, but there r also qbs like dilfer, johnson, hostetler,etc who have won and Pennington is better than those guys.

with the right amount of talent, penny can be a leader on a Superbowl team. he wont throw for 350 yds and 4 tds weekly, but he deff is capable of reaching the Superbowl, considering the guys i have mentioned have won it, and guys like Rex Grossman have appeared in them.

the best anti penny one is how he does poor vs top tier defenses. no ****, that is why they are called top tie defenses. not because every qb throws for 350 yds and 5 tds on them, but bc they are dominant defenses. just look at rich gannon, 2002 mvp, great raider offense, faces a top notch bucs defense in the superbowl, throws 5 ints.

i got faith in penny and i am happy to have him back as our qb.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well he'll use Marshall a hell of alot more than Henne.

Mallett or Luck in 2011

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u;1063668332[B
    ]Well he'll use Marshall a hell of alot more than Henne[/B].

Mallett or Luck in 2011
    could he use him any less, lol.

all the henne lovers will say how marshall is on pace for his best season in rec, but ppl who watch the games know he is not being used right.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People, if Ross cleans house maybe we draft the guy in the 1st round. I'm not happy we may be set back but what is watching Henne throw pick after pick going to do for us? Should we be happy about that instead? Or waiting another 2 seasons to find out he sucks, is that what would satisfy you? **** that.

The sooner we get this thing restarted, the sooner we can become contenders again. I have news for you, Henning is toast. Henne, who knows. But this offense cannot continue, because we don't contend with ANY of the big dogs with what we had going for us. 0-4 against those top teams, not satisfied.

Now, call me a tool, or *******, or whatever, but I want what's best for this football team. I couldn't care less about individual players. They are here today, gone tomorrow. Proof in the pudding? Look at #99, all the proof you need.
    Matt Ryan should be a Miami Dolphin.

On this night it was just the latest reminder that, for this franchise, it seems all the best moments are seen through the prism of the rearview, and ever-receding.
    - Greg Cote

Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still fail to see how this move to Pennington is anything but the coaches trying to save their jobs at the expense of the team long term.

Let us see Thigpen, let us see Henne...but this move leaves us just as screwed at knowing where the future of the most important position on the team is next year.

The most upsetting thing is that Parcells taught Ireland that QBs can be found in the later rounds, so even if we do draft a QB it will be some shaky prospect.

Sigh...

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pennington is such a classy guy. Can't help but root for him. And hope we rebound somehow.
    I just don't see it happening though.
    Henne got ****ing screwed by Sparano and Henning.
    Sparano and Henning are egomaniac, stubborn, one way conversation type of people.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

What did Cowherd say about it? Thats the real question.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    I can't believe people are so upset considering how poorly Henne was playing. Unbelievable.
    I don't think that the anger has to do with how Henne was playing (there's no doubt that his production in 2010 has been pedestrian at best). I think it has to do with:
    -the perception that this was a desperation move that was made to save the coaching staff's jobs
    -the perception that they cut Henne's development/evaluation period short (21 starts to be exact) for the sake of saving the coaching staff's jobs
    -the perception that win or loss, postseason run or not, starting Pennington right now makes for a lot of questionmarks at the QB position in 2011 and beyoond
    No mercy for posters who are:
    -completely one-sided
    -incapable of adjusting & reforming their original opinions on a player/coach
    -incapable of complimenting a player/coach they don't like or criticizing a player/coach they do like
    -believe that what they think they see is beyond reproach
    -incapable of exchanging opposing thoughts & ideas to arrive at a new & more refined point of view

You know who you are...
    Quote Quote