Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 393

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

  1. -21
    shula_guy's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    8,781
    vCash:
    1054
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Easier said than done. It is hard enough to find time to sift through the piles of BS, let alone attempt to change the discourse.

    It is not looking good at 5-5, especially after being shutout at home for only the second time in the past forty years. I guess anything is possible, but I think we have no chance of capturing the division unless both Brady and Sanchez go down for the season (And even then I have a hard time seeing us win the East). We'll probably need to win-out or go 5-1 in order to secure one of the Wild Card spots. I would guess that 11-5 is going to be needed to make the playoffs, though, and even THAT might not be enough this year (Remember when the Patriots were left out of the playoffs two years ago despite going 11-5?). Do I see us going 5-1 or 6-0? No...but I guess anything is possible, right?

    At this point, I'll be OK with 8-8. At least it would be a non-losing season. The team is quite young, and with a number of changes I think we can compete for the Super Bowl next year. Personally, though, I'd bring in a serious veteran QB to compete with Henne and draft a QB in the first-round if one falls to us. Thigpen is clearly nothing more than a journeyman.

    After last's debacle, I aint saying shizzle about preferring to be in the POFO anymore. I was only jhoking about the isolationist comment but going out on the mainboard right now is like going out into a war zone. I know I'm sifting through it. It's ugly out there and rightly so. Last night should of been a Jim Mora moment for Sporano.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,842
    vCash:
    5192
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone wanted Pennington and Thigpen, and they got their wish. I bet Henne isn't looking so bad anymore.

    When playcalling is an issue among all QBs on your roster, then it should be pretty clear where the problem is. Thigpen is 6' and kept getting his balls batted down, wouldn't it have been smart to put the man back in shotgun so that he has more room to get that ball over the line? Down by 16 in the third quarter and you're calling runs, screens, and play action passes? How can anyone be THAT clueless with your playcalling? I told my wife yesterday in the 4th quarter that if Henning is here next season, I refuse to watch any games. I'll never stop being a fan of the Miami Dolphins, but I can't support stupidity.

    This team is so ridiculously close to being a real contender. A real offensive coordinator would have had us in the play offs this year. I can confidently say that Henning lost us the Steelers and Ravens games. I can't be as confident about the Bears, but I suspect a better OC would have called plays to maximize Thigpen's strengths. I still doubt we would have won, but someone else could have put at least 3 on the board. Special teams cost us the New England game, and played a heavy hand in the Jets game. I think our defense is pretty solid. The only position that I wouldn't be upset if we drafted into is Crowder's spot, and that's because he is injury prone. I'm not as down on him as everyone else is.

    The upcoming draft needs to be ALL offense. We need a game-breaking RB badly. We also need to address LG and C. If we can get those, along with an OC that hasn't forgot how to call a game, I think we will be a team to be feared. I know everyone wants a QB, but I don't see it as this huge issue that the main board does. Henne has had no running game to take the heat off him, and an OC that doesn't call games to his strengths. If one fell to us, I would be all for picking him up and grooming him for a few years. I think that's a luxury and not a need, however...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,537
    vCash:
    3163
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Everyone wanted Pennington and Thigpen, and they got their wish. I bet Henne isn't looking so bad anymore.

    When playcalling is an issue among all QBs on your roster, then it should be pretty clear where the problem is. Thigpen is 6' and kept getting his balls batted down, wouldn't it have been smart to put the man back in shotgun so that he has more room to get that ball over the line? Down by 16 in the third quarter and you're calling runs, screens, and play action passes? How can anyone be THAT clueless with your playcalling? I told my wife yesterday in the 4th quarter that if Henning is here next season, I refuse to watch any games. I'll never stop being a fan of the Miami Dolphins, but I can't support stupidity.

    This team is so ridiculously close to being a real contender. A real offensive coordinator would have had us in the play offs this year. I can confidently say that Henning lost us the Steelers and Ravens games. I can't be as confident about the Bears, but I suspect a better OC would have called plays to maximize Thigpen's strengths. I still doubt we would have won, but someone else could have put at least 3 on the board. Special teams cost us the New England game, and played a heavy hand in the Jets game. I think our defense is pretty solid. The only position that I wouldn't be upset if we drafted into is Crowder's spot, and that's because he is injury prone. I'm not as down on him as everyone else is.

    The upcoming draft needs to be ALL offense. We need a game-breaking RB badly. We also need to address LG and C. If we can get those, along with an OC that hasn't forgot how to call a game, I think we will be a team to be feared. I know everyone wants a QB, but I don't see it as this huge issue that the main board does. Henne has had no running game to take the heat off him, and an OC that doesn't call games to his strengths. If one fell to us, I would be all for picking him up and grooming him for a few years. I think that's a luxury and not a need, however...
    I agree with most of this, especially focusing our draft on offense. We have a severe lack of playmakers on offense and it shows in the TD numbers. The one thing I disagree with you on is us making the playoffs of Henning was gone. Yea, hes a moron, but I think the overall offensive talent is just lacking. I honestly dont think we have our future QB on this roster, we have two rapidly aging RBs, only one real threat at WR and a makeshift line that they feel the need to tinker with every year. Im all for canning Henning, but we arent sniffing the playoffs until we get some legitimate talent on offense or our defense become dominant.




    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Rafiki's Avatar
    The Truth (I promise)

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    5,118
    vCash:
    1054
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The offensive playcalling is moronic. Seriously.

    We're down to our third-string quarterback. I don't give a damn if we run it three and out for four straight series; I do not want to see us passing it all over the field with a guy who doesn't know what he's doing. We have two pro bowl running backs. Here's a genius idea: LETS USE THEM!

    I love my phins, but I'm almost regretting betting my Raider fan brother and friend on next week's game.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,537
    vCash:
    3163
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    The offensive playcalling is moronic. Seriously.

    We're down to our third-string quarterback. I don't give a damn if we run it three and out for four straight series; I do not want to see us passing it all over the field with a guy who doesn't know what he's doing. We have two pro bowl running backs. Here's a genius idea: LETS USE THEM!

    I love my phins, but I'm almost regretting betting my Raider fan brother and friend on next week's game.
    Yup. You cant expect your third string QB to win you games with his arm. Thats beyond retarded. Henning is definitely at fault for that. Thigpen is a 3rd QB for a reason and was put in a position to fail, which is the total opposite of what a sensible coaching staff would do. Still, Henning didnt tell Marshall to go full blown retard. Didnt tell the line to just watch people run by. He didnt tell Thigpen to throw into triple coverage. That offensive debacle you saw last night was an all around team effort, from the coaching staff right on down.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Blitz's Avatar
    The Big Zonk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    8,208
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The defense is world-class, and one of the best in the league. I would not change much on defense if they continue to play this way, even if we finish 5-11.

    Henning absolutely must go no matter what. The play-calling is atrocious. I hate to sound like one of those arm-chair-Madden types, but even I feel like I could slightly call the games better than Henning. As mentioned above, I would prefer to see us run the ball Kippy Brown-style rather than to see us put the game on Thigpen's shoulder.

    I still feel like we need to bring in a first-round QB finally. Henne may be the future, but maybe he is not. We could potentially end up with a situation like the one faced by the Chargers when they had Rivers and Brees. I would LOVE to have that so-called "problem."

    Do you guys think Sparano and Ireland are going to be canned if we fail to make the playoffs again? Either way, I hope we keep Nolan.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,842
    vCash:
    5192
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    The defense is world-class, and one of the best in the league. I would not change much on defense if they continue to play this way, even if we finish 5-11.

    Henning absolutely must go no matter what. The play-calling is atrocious. I still feel like we need to bring in a first-round QB finally. Henne may be the future, but maybe he is not. We could potentially end up with a situation like the one faced by the Chargers when they had Rivers and Brees. I would LOVE to have that so-called "problem."

    Do you guys think Sporano and Ireland are going to be canned if we fail to make the playoffs again? Either way, I hope we keep Nolan.
    I think Ireland stays, but I'm not so sure on Sparano. I think how the rest of this season plays out will answer that better. We can't blame that loss on Sparano as much as the main forum wants to. When you're down to your 3rd string QB, your starting guard is playing center, your franchise LT is playing with 1 arm, and your star WR goes down with injury, it's just too much to expect a win. No team beats the number 4 defense with that many injuries. If he doesn't shape up the play calling from here on out though, then I would see no reasonable reason to keep him. Yes, Henning is calling the plays, but at the end of the day its Sparano's call on that stuff. I would say he is even more to blame than Henning if it doesn't get fixed. I just don't know who we would hire in his place. Ideally, I would keep on Sparano, at least for next year, and see how he does with a real OC on board. If a new OC doesn't help, then we know where the problem lies.

    Realistically, if Ireland gets canned, we get Carl Peterson. That's what no one is thinking about in the main forum. They are throwing out all these ideas for the new regime, but the choices we have are keep on going with Ireland, or take on Peterson. If Ross hires Peterson, I hope we are ready for years of pain. Hopefully Ross is smart enough to realize that business is more important than friendship in this regard. Peterson would tear this team apart and turn us into one of bottom feeders of the league...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    shula_guy's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    8,781
    vCash:
    1054
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sporano seems to be in over his head and I question if Ireland was onboard in bringing him here.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,737
    vCash:
    5644
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The dolphins are actually exceeding my expectations so far this year. I figured we would end up 7-9 this year. We're a game ahead of that, despite being robbed one game and now suffering an insurmountable amount of injuries.

    I'm starting to get on board for the need to change the coaching staff though. Obviously Henning's play calling is terrible. Wildcat on 3rd and 8, running the ball during a 2 minute drill, abandoning the run too quickly, constant play actions despite the fact that we've obviously abandoned the run, too many comeback routes, not exploiting the middle of the field enough, poor package decisions, terrible screens, etc, etc.

    But my biggest problem with the staff is when they tossed Smiley, Grove, and Thomas. Last year's o-line was dominant. And even if they tend to be injury prone, it's not like we have great young talent to make room on the roster for at these positions. Our interior o-line has been abysmal this year, particularly at run blocking. And now even our new interior linemen are hurt. Boy, sure would've been nice to have those guys still on the roster...

    Sporano came to us as a no nonsense guy, a discipline guy. And he seemed to excel at molding a disciplined team his first year here, but since then we've seen an increasing amount of mental mistakes by our team. Is that a coaching issue or are some of the newer players simply unable to play a disciplined style of football? Hard to tell.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Possum's Avatar
    I'M AMAZIN', YEA, IM ALL THAT!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    3,313
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Delray Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    How about the creation of an epic thread entitled, "Sticky: The Official Football Sub-Forum of PoFo Members"?
    I like the idea for y'all. Im never in the pofo much but I dont see a problem with it. See how long it works.

    THE AM CREW - THE JOLLIEST ***HOLES THIS SIDE OF THE NUT HOUSE.

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Seperate POFO forum
    By FinaticPatch in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:45 PM
  2. ** Official PoFo Fantasy Football banter thread**
    By PressCoverage in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 03:44 AM
  3. Why Can't the POFO forum be civil, and respect one another?
    By Fin Fan in Cali in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 01:22 PM
  4. The POFO FORUM!
    By FINintheMOON in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 12:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •