Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -31
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Fins need to shut down Long now. Whether he wants to be or not is irrelevant. This staff is risking the career of one of our best players. Is going 9-7 worth the risk of causing a career threatening injury? This is just another example of why this staff makes you constantly go, WTF?

Count me among the group that has lost faith in this regime. I was a Sporano supporter, but his decision not to fire Henning is sheer stupidity. Combine that with his general lack of ability to manage a game, and well you get the point. This is his third year, and the team has actually regressed. I would fire Henning now and see what David Lee can do. If Sporano stays with henning, he can follow him out the door after this season. If he fires Henning, he might save his job, and we will find out if David Lee is any good or if we need to hire a "real" OC in the off-season. Any one with an IQ above 80, and most below, know Henning is no good. Cut your losses and move on.

There are very few positives about this team right now, and that ultimately falls on the coaching staff.

I have to thank Blitz for this idea.... I think, barring an invasion of the mind suckers, this could turn out well.
    Last edited by FinFan 13; 11-20-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's time to start working towards next year IMO. I agree that Long should be sat until he is healed but I don't think its fair to blame Coach Sporano since the decision to play ultimately rests with the player.

I'm normally a supporter of Dan Henning but Henning's play-calling on Thursday night made zero sense to me... we should have focused on a run-heavy offense from the beginning of the game and wore down the Bears' front seven. He called SEVEN rushing plays- 3 to Brown, 3 to Williams, and 1 to Cobbs. I can't help but feel like he gambled our entire season on Thigpen's performance and lost.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love the idea of this forum in the pofo!

Number 1, agree with everyone on Henning, if it wasn't for, i think David Lee, coming up with the wildcat idea three years ago, just think how bad our offense may have been over the last three years. Henning makes me go crazy, 6 carries for Ronnie on the opening drive against Baltimore, he gains 45 yds, and scores our ONLY td.

Against a NORMAL offensive coordinator, baltimore's defense may have had to come up with a way to stop him, not with henning though, three more carries the rest of the game!!! Are you kidding me?

Number 2, have to say i'm less than impressed with Brandon Marshall, although will have to give him a pass so far for working with such a bad coordinator. How do we know how good Henne could be doing if we had a competent guy working with him?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They aren't utilizing Brandon Marshall correctly, in my opinion. It seems like more often than not they throw a short pass and hope he'll break a couple tackles. They should throw it deep to him and let him use his size/speed to make plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    They aren't utilizing Brandon Marshall correctly, in my opinion. It seems like more often than not they throw a short pass and hope he'll break a couple tackles. They should throw it deep to him and let him use his size/speed to make plays.
    Seriously, I think you're on to the biggest concern with our offense. Every single other team in the NFL finds a way to get the ball to their elite WR, regardless of double teams, bracket coverages, etc. Why are we the only one who can't seem to do so? This is the thing that has been annoying me most as of late. Marshall is 6'4 and generally has pretty good hands. We've thrown endzone fades to Hartline, but not Marshall? What the sh*t is that? We don't threaten defenses deep, despite having that monster WR that everyone said would fix our offense. It's not an issue of being unable to do it, its simply an unwillingness to try. Marshall beat double coverage on a deep pass against the Jets. That was against Antonio Cromartie, who is 6'2. What other corners in the NFL are that big? This is a killer match up that Henning is simply unwilling to exploit. It's infuriating...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the mainboard someone brought up the prospect of bringing in Vince Young. I think that is an interesting prospect if they bring in a new OC with him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    On the mainboard someone brought up the prospect of bringing in Vince Young. I think that is an interesting prospect if they bring in a new OC with him.
    Oh hell no.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How bout Michael Vick?

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This sticky is a great idea...as long as it remains football related. No movies, books, television series, actors, actresses......etc....
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    The Fins need to shut down Long now. Whether he wants to be or not is irrelevant. This staff is risking the career of one of our best players. Is going 9-7 worth the risk of causing a career threatening injury? This is just another example of why this staff makes you constantly go, WTF?

Count me among the group that has lost faith in this regime. I was a Sporano supporter, but his decision not to fire Henning is sheer stupidity. Combine that with his general lack of ability to manage a game, and well you get the point. This is his third year, and the team has actually regressed. I would fire Henning now and see what David Lee can do. If Sporano stays with henning, he can follow him out the door after this season. If he fires Henning, he might save his job, and we will find out if David Lee is any good or if we need to hire a "real" OC in the off-season. Any one with an IQ above 80, and most below, know Henning is no good. Cut your losses and move on.

There are very few positives about this team right now, and that ultimately falls on the coaching staff.

I have to thank Blitz for this idea.... I think, barring an invasion of the mind suckers, this could turn out well.
    agreed. Being a warrior isnt always the best thing. We got to think of him as an investment. This season is sadly over. Let him recoup, have surgery, and be ready for training camp
    Quote Quote