Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -351
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    Great game! It's good to see us dominate special teams, I'm so used to it being to other way around. This Indi game coming up is a must win...1) They will be competing against us for a playoff spot. 2) We need to stock up on wins in the next 3 weeks, because Seattle, NE, & San Fran will not be kind to us.

If we win vs Indi, Tenn, Buff X 2, and Jacksonville that gives us 9 wins. In this horrible AFC conference, 9 actually might be enough, but 10 should be an automatic playoff spot. This means we would only need to take 1 win from Seattle, San Fran, or NE x 2.
    I agree the Indy game is a must win. Just as much as the jets game was. I feel confident about a win. We're on a winning streak right now and Philbin has proven to be a great game planner. Our D will be a big test for Luck. The jets destroyed the colts so I really like our chances. If we put the same pressure on Luck like we did with buttfumble while stopping their run game it will be a good day.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -352
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was a game where you could see how good we can be if all aspects of the game work properly and we don't make stupid mistakes or have stupid penalties.
    The only complain I have is that our D and our O went totally Vanilla at the end of the first half and at the end of the game. Offense, well OK. But on defense: don't give them yardage in garbage time.
    Otherwise it was superb game. The domination was much higher than 'just' 21 points.
    Last edited by phins_4_ever; 10-29-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

3. -353
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    It was a game where you could see that if all aspects of the game work properly and we don't make stupid mistakes or have stupid penalties.
    The only complain I have is that our D and our O went totally Vanilla at the end of the first half and at the end of the game. Offense, well OK. But on defense: don't give them yardage in garbage time.
    Otherwise it was superb game. The domination was much higher than 'just' 21 points.
    Yeah the D started going conservative when we went up big but still made some plays. Clemons INT was huge. It seems like most teams do this when they have a big lead. I don't like it either. For me just keep doing what gave you the lead in the first place and don't give them hope.
    Quote Quote  

4. -354
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, that was a disaster.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -355
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland's ass better be gone. Giving him that capspace and those picks will doom us.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

6. -356
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    He's not going anywhere.
    I know. We aren't that lucky.
    Quote Quote  

7. -357
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Ireland's ass better be gone. Giving him that capspace and those picks will doom us.
    No doubt. His 5th year here and the only elite NFL talent (at this point) we have on the roster is Wake, Pouncy, and Long. Long is playing like crap and Wake wasn't even drafted. Ireland has next to zero ability to scout talent. He's clueless in free agency and just has never seemed to have a plan for this team.

This is the most important offseason in a long time coming up and if he's still here I have 100% faith that he's set this club back a decade by wasting the draft picks and signing a couple of iffy FAs to awful contracts. The dude is just plain bad and I just can't fathom how people on the main board still defend this guy. I just don't understand.
    Quote Quote  

8. -358
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope i am wrong about this guys, but i have a really sick feeling about the game tonight.

I live just outside of Buffalo, so by default, the team i know the best besides Miami is Buffalo.

Chan Gailey has been so stupid to keep CJ Spiller on the bench for the most part, behind Fred Jackson, but no Fred Jackson tonight, unfortunately.

We will see a pretty big dose of CJ, and I hope we can somehow contain him, but god this kid is good.

Lets hope last week was just a bump in the road.
    Quote Quote  

9. -359
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I hope i am wrong about this guys, but i have a really sick feeling about the game tonight.

I live just outside of Buffalo, so by default, the team i know the best besides Miami is Buffalo.

Chan Gailey has been so stupid to keep CJ Spiller on the bench for the most part, behind Fred Jackson, but tonight, no Fred Jackson unfortunately.

We will see a pretty big dose of CJ, and I hope we can somehow contain him, but god, this kid is good.

Lets hope last week was just a bump in the road.
    I'm not too worried. We always play the Bills tough. If not for a few missed kicks last year, we'd have swept them for something like 3 straight seasons. Win or lose, this will be a much better game than Sunday...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -360
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm not too worried. We always play the Bills tough. If not for a few missed kicks last year, we'd have swept them for something like 3 straight seasons. Win or lose, this will be a much better game than Sunday...
    Hope you're right Locke !
    Quote Quote