Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -111
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually, if we go 11-5 there is a 99% chance we get in the playoffs...

Anybody think we can win out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd say they have around a 1% chance of winning out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gotta agree. We do still have Henning as our OC...

I say we go 3-2 over the last 5. Which only exposes what this team really is...Mediocre.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does anybody think Sporano is ever going to lead ANY team to a Super Bowl championship?

IMHO, he's Wannstedt Part II. A great guy, but who really gives a s*it if he can't lead us to the Lombardi? I am sick and tired of watching us FAIL. If we keep him onboard after finishing 10-6 or 9-7 without a playoff appearance, we're just going to end up starting next season 0-6 before we end up axing him. Let's just get it over with tomorrow. Maybe that will light a fire under the *** of all the players, hopefully leading to a strong finish like what is happening with the Vikings.

While we are a young team with plenty of room for growth, I say it's time to dump Sporano/Henne/Ireland in favor of a new regime. Let's get Gruden or Cowher. Let's do whatever it takes to get a top-notch QB prospect near the top of the first-round. Let's get a solid veteran QB to show our golden boy rookie the ropes. Let's bring in new blood at RB (No reason why we should bother bringing back Brown...if Ricky wants to re-sign as a backup with a backup contract, let him show our new, young starter the ropes). And then let's replace the washed up (e.g., Crowder) with hungry, young players, which is what most of our team consists of.

I'll continue to root for our Dolphins even though we have no chance of making the playoffs this year. I'd like to see us win the games against the Patriots and Jets, and just give away the other two games in order to maintain a good draft standing without sporting a losing record. I'll also be rooting for everybody in the NFC except the Eagles (As a dog lover, I have a hard time rooting for a Vick-led team). In the AFC, I will not be able to stomach an appearance by the Jets. If it comes down to Patriots Vs. Jets in the AFC Championship, I'll hold my nose and root for the Patriots. Let's hope it does not come to that. I'll probably root for San Diego or Kansas City or Jacksonville.

That's my two cents right now...
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want to see Henne with coaches other than Henning and Lee before I completely give up in him. Besides we might not be able to get anything better as our draft pick isn't going to be high enough to get Luck from Stanford and he's the best QB prospect in the past 3 years or so.

It all boils down to the outdated Parcells/Henning offensive philosphy. This isn't 1988 any more.

With the uncertainty of the CBA this offseason, I'll lay 2 -1 odds that Sparano stays put, but the offensive coaching staff will get a major over haul.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

6. -116
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I want to see Henne with coaches other than Henning and Lee before I completely give up in him. Besides we might not be able to get anything better as our draft pick isn't going to be high enough to get Luck from Stanford and he's the best QB prospect in the past 3 years or so.

It all boils down to the outdated Parcells/Henning offensive philosphy. This isn't 1988 any more.

With the uncertainty of the CBA this offseason, I'll lay 2 -1 odds that Sparano stays put, but the offensive coaching staff will get a major over haul.
    I don't see how a team can fire a coach that led the greatest turnaround in NFL history a year ago.

Honestly, the Dolphins were victims of some very bad luck this year in the scheduling department and with injuries. This team is not deep enough to win a championship yet but I do feel that we have the talent on Defense to take us far.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebuilding a team every three years is not a recipe for success. How many players went from quality starters with some hope of improvement to complete busts when Parcells and co came to town? How much of this young, promising defense would still be promising under a new regime?

I too would like to see a more modern, wide open offense, but I'm convinced Henne is not the QB to run it. Is this team is to succeed, its needs to find that dominant rushing attack it had in '09, where Henne or whoever can win games throwing it 20 times a game, not 40.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That performance by Henne yesterday was putrid. Hartline straight up BURNED Joe Haden. That ball was so severely under thrown, its inexplicable. Any other quarterback would have turned that into 6. That overthrow to Bess wasn't as bad, but still pretty horrible. What happened to him yesterday? Whats it about being at home that makes us play so bad here?

I'm still on board with giving him time to develop, maybe an off season with a new OC will help. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't becoming a little anxious about him. I would not be upset if we packaged a deal to move up for Luck. I also would not be upset if we tried Henne with a competent OC. Ireland has shown to be a good GM, so I will trust his judgment on this.

My last thought is about our defense. Mike Nolan is a straight up defensive genius. They only put up 7 points on us, with the other 6 coming off of turnovers. There is no way any team should lose a game when your defense allows only 7 points. This is a defense that is getting back Odrick, Will Allen, and the rookie LB we lost in camp (can't remember his name at the moment). With an upgrade to Crowder's spot, this defense is primed to be dominant for a long time. I'm anxious to see how it does against the Jets. They moved the ball at will on us earlier in the year. Hopefully time to gel and the removal of Jason Allen from the lineup fixes that...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -119
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just cannot see how we realistically upgrade Henne this postseason. Luck is about the only true franchise QB in the draft, and I don't think anyone will let us trade up to get him. The Niners, Cardinals, Broncos, Bills and maybe even the Titans and Panthers will be looking to upgrade QB through the draft. I honestly could see some of these teams reaching for what we could consider second or third round talent in the first. The FA list looks like D-listers besides maybe Vick and Young.

I would go for the best OL available in the first. If we can't resign Ronnie or Ricky, this year's draft seems loaded, plus we have Sheets/Cobbs/Hilliard waiting in the wings. Also I would add depth in the secondary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    I just cannot see how we realistically upgrade Henne this postseason. Luck is about the only true franchise QB in the draft, and I don't think anyone will let us trade up to get him. The Niners, Cardinals, Broncos, Bills and maybe even the Titans and Panthers will be looking to upgrade QB through the draft. I honestly could see some of these teams reaching for what we could consider second or third round talent in the first. The FA list looks like D-listers besides maybe Vick and Young.

I would go for the best OL available in the first. If we can't resign Ronnie or Ricky, this year's draft seems loaded, plus we have Sheets/Cobbs/Hilliard waiting in the wings. Also I would add depth in the secondary.
    Carson Palmer is rumored to be out in Cincinnati. He could be an option. I don't know much about him though...
    Quote Quote