Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -131
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    We beat the motherf"n jets!!!!!!!

Amen and hallelujah to winning! Unfortunately, we did not win because we played well. The Jets played awful.
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Amen and hallelujah to winning! Unfortunately, we did not win because we played well. The Jets played awful.
    Ill take it at this point. We already knew the offense is a total cluster****, so it was great to see our defense play this well again. I think people forget just how young they are. Our D will be a strong point of this team for a while. Our offense needs a complete overhaul though. OC, QB, RB, TE, OL, receiver depths, you name it.

Quote Quote  

3. -133
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Ill take it at this point. We already knew the offense is a total cluster****, so it was great to see our defense play this well again. I think people forget just how young they are. Our D will be a strong point of this team for a while. Our offense needs a complete overhaul though. OC, QB, RB, TE, OL, receiver depths, you name it.
    agreed I'll take it to. I have a question, did wake break Taylor's sack record for single season?

Also is becoming more apparent to me our head coach needs to go. Running the clock out at the end of the first half like he did was inexcusable.

And I definitely agree the excuses for our poor quarterback play has reached its statute of limitations, wet ball or not he sucks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our offense needs a complete overhaul though. OC, QB, RB, TE, OL, receiver depths, you name it.
    I don't know about all that. Speed would be nice at the skill positions, but this team does have a lot of talent there. Marshall, Bess, and even Fasano are quality players that should be around for a while. Long is one of the best if not the best in the business when healthy and Carey ranges from dominant to not so dominant.....not sure where you'd rank him but I'm inclined to call him an upper echelon tackle.

I think the foundation is all there, with the glaring exception at QB. What you do about that I have no idea, but the rest of the pieces shouldn't be too hard to find. A couple guards, a RB to complement or replace Ricky depending on what he decides to do, and speed and athleticism wherever you can find it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    We beat the motherf"n jets!!!!!!!
    Me and my buddies started playing a game where we took a shot of beer everytime Rex Ryan looked sad/hungry/confused when the camera showed him on the sideline. We got pretty drunk, haha. It was a good Sunday...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -136
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Me and my buddies started playing a game where we took a shot of beer everytime Rex Ryan looked sad/hungry/confused when the camera showed him on the sideline. We got pretty drunk, haha. It was a good Sunday...

My favorite moment was the last shot they showed of fireman ed. The look on his face was priceless.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    agreed I'll take it to. I have a question, did wake break Taylor's sack record for single season?

Also is becoming more apparent to me our head coach needs to go. Running the clock out at the end of the first half like he did was inexcusable.

And I definitely agree the excuses for our poor quarterback play has reached its statute of limitations, wet ball or not he sucks.

No. Wake is at 14. Taylor's record is 18.5. He could break it though...he needs 5 sacks in 3 games. It is a possibility. I think it would be fitting, considering the cowardly display by Taylor and Jaba the hut after the wets beat us earlier this year. **** JT.

On a positive note:

Did anyone else bust out laughing when SH dropped that easy TD pass? I laughed for a good 2 mins....priceless.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    No. Wake is at 14. Taylor's record is 18.5. He could break it though...he needs 5 sacks in 3 games. It is a possibility. I think it would be fitting, considering the cowardly display by Taylor and Jaba the hut after the wets beat us earlier this year. **** JT.

On a positive note:

Did anyone else bust out laughing when SH dropped that easy TD pass? I laughed for a good 2 mins....priceless.
    I literally woke my roommate up laughing. I was laughing HARD for a solid minute. He came out to see what the hell was going on

Never went from rage to laughter that fast in my life.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish they would double up on monday night games all season long. Play the east coast game early and the west coast late. It makes for a great monday evening not to mention its makes it easier to keep up with all the teams since that is 4 less teams to keep track of on sunday.

Sometimes I set up the TVs at a buddies sports bar for him on Sundays and the 1pm schedule is insane and frankly expensive for bar owners. They typically play about 13 games at 1pm so if your running the ticket you need 13 recievers and TVs to cover all the games. Of course the flip side is your pulling more people into your bar earlier since the 1pm crowd is larger and once there and the drinking has begum, peope tend to stay where they are rather then leave after the game.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I literally woke my roommate up laughing. I was laughing HARD for a solid minute. He came out to see what the hell was going on

Never went from rage to laughter that fast in my life.

Pretty much this. I was having a bad time watching that game. The drop made the whole thing enjoyable. Especially since right before he dropped it I was yelling "how the **** do you let him get by you..." Then the uncontrollable fit of laughter erupted. It was two opposite extremes.
    Quote Quote