Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    99.9% of the posters in the main forum suck.

Also, I support starting Pennington for the time being if coach thinks that it gives us the best chance to win.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    considering our schedule i am happy at 4-4. we got screwed in the steelers game and lost a close one to the jets. there is still time to turn the season around. anything can happen, people just need to chill.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm starting to accept that we're just an unlucky franchise. other than the '83 draft, nothing ever falls our way.

sucks to be henne. pennington will take advantage of his opportunity. we need a big day tomorrow from brandon marshall.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It really is a shame that some of these uneducated fans can ruin an entire board, but you are correct Locke, it gets to the point where you don't even want to open the main forum. Hoops and I agree most of the time, TedSlimm is a good poster most of the time, and CK shares alot of good info. I'm sure there are a couple more, but other than that the main forum is full of bitching and moaning from fans that clearly have a very low football IQ...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care how we do it, as long as we win. Maybe we can take the Raiders old saying now that they have a new one....Just Win Baby!!!

Locke I am just as shocked as you to hear you say this!

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    They are a bunch of mouth breathers that is for sure. And I hate to say this, an mean no offense to our younger posters in the POFO, I have a feeling the average age of the bitchers is under 25.
    Some would call me a bitcher and Im under 25

Im with you guys though. Ive found myself reading this forum a lot recently, which is something I never really did. It seems like just the same debate on repeat. Everyone has their opinion on recent Dolphin events and I dont think anyone is "wrong" for their opinion, but it gets tiring when people make every argument devolve into calling eachother idiots. I think most of the opinions being expressed in the main forum are very understandable (both sides), but its just that the volume of good posters adding relevant information to the topic is small compared to those adding nothing.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about the creation of an epic thread entitled, "Sticky: The Official Football Sub-Forum of PoFo Members"?

I agree that the main forum has been lacking this season. It is a stark contrast from when I started visiting FinHeaven eight years ago. I am a complete homer when it comes to the Dolphins, but this team is MUCH better than 5-4. All four of our losses are against teams that will most likely make the playoffs, and probably have a better shot at the Lombardi than anybody in the NFC. We could easily be 8-1 or 7-2 if our mistakes on special teams do not happen against New England/New York, and the refs do not screw us against Pittsburgh. 8-1 or 7-2 would put us on top of the league, even with a young QB still displaying growing pains. I am not yet ready to write off the season, but we have almost no margin for error from here on out. We can probably afford one more loss and still get one of the Wild Card spots, but we absolutely must beat New England and New York on the road, especially if we want any shot at the division title.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    How about the creation of an epic thread entitled, "Sticky: The Official Football Sub-Forum of PoFo Members"?

I agree that the main forum has been lacking this season. It is a stark contrast from when I started visiting FinHeaven eight years ago. I am a complete homer when it comes to the Dolphins, but this team is MUCH better than 5-4. All four of our losses are against teams that will most likely make the playoffs, and probably have a better shot at the Lombardi than anybody in the NFC. We could easily be 8-1 or 7-2 if our mistakes on special teams do not happen against New England/New York, and the refs do not screw us against Pittsburgh. 8-1 or 7-2 would put us on top of the league, even with a young QB still displaying growing pains. I am not yet ready to write off the season, but we have almost no margin for error from here on out. We can probably afford one more loss and still get one of the Wild Card spots, but we absolutely must beat New England and New York on the road, especially if we want any shot at the division title.
    We had an off-topic thread for a while, but it was eventually moved. I agree though. Maybe its time for another...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    We had an off-topic thread for a while, but it was eventually moved. I agree though. Maybe its time for another...?

You two sound like the typical ron paul libertaerian advocating isolationism. If you do not like whats being pushed out on the board, push back!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Easier said than done. It is hard enough to find time to sift through the piles of BS, let alone attempt to change the discourse.

It is not looking good at 5-5, especially after being shutout at home for only the second time in the past forty years. I guess anything is possible, but I think we have no chance of capturing the division unless both Brady and buttfumble go down for the season (And even then I have a hard time seeing us win the East). We'll probably need to win-out or go 5-1 in order to secure one of the Wild Card spots. I would guess that 11-5 is going to be needed to make the playoffs, though, and even THAT might not be enough this year (Remember when the Patriots were left out of the playoffs two years ago despite going 11-5?). Do I see us going 5-1 or 6-0? No...but I guess anything is possible, right?

At this point, I'll be OK with 8-8. At least it would be a non-losing season. The team is quite young, and with a number of changes I think we can compete for the Super Bowl next year. Personally, though, I'd bring in a serious veteran QB to compete with Henne and draft a QB in the first-round if one falls to us. Thigpen is clearly nothing more than a journeyman.
    Quote Quote