Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -301
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get Alex Smith, draft Cousins or Osweiler.
    Quote Quote  

2. -302
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    If we draft Tannehill at 8, all is forgiven in my book. Marshall was never going to be happy in a west coast offense since he likes to be "the man" and the WCO dictates no primary receiver. Plus, with this latest incident, I can see the rationale behind moving him while you can still get something for him. Tannehill at 8, best WR or Fleener at the top of round 2, and I like where we're headed. Even Floyd at 8 and Weeden at the top of round 2 sounds good to me. I just want us to draft and develop our own QB for once...
    I agree. I would be happy with our first two picks being QB/WR and most of our picks being offense. I would like to have a pass rusher too. At this point going all offense is the way to go. And hope Odrick has a hell of a year.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -303
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    9954, I know it sounds bad having to "rebuild" and whatnot, but at the end of the day we will never win anything of significance with Matt moore as our starting QB. In today's NFL you need a legitimate franchise QB to consistently contend. Blowing and then picking Barkley, even though a rebuild will happen, wont be the worst thing. It'll take a few years to get into the thick of things, but it will happen if we have a good QB.

The colts have cut damn near the whole team. Next year they really arent going to be very good. But they have the most important position potentially filled with an elite QB for the next 13 years. Its all good. Its about the long term, but continued 9-7, 7-9, 8-8 years. Id put a significant amount of money on the Colts winning a playoff game before us starting today.

Quote Quote  

4. -304
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    9954, I know it sounds bad having to "rebuild" and whatnot, but at the end of the day we will never win anything of significance with Matt moore as our starting QB. In today's NFL you need a legitimate franchise QB to consistently contend. Blowing and then picking Barkley, even though a rebuild will happen, wont be the worst thing. It'll take a few years to get into the thick of things, but it will happen if we have a good QB.

The colts have cut damn near the whole team. Next year they really arent going to be very good. But they have the most important position potentially filled with an elite QB for the next 13 years. Its all good. Its about the long term, but continued 9-7, 7-9, 8-8 years. Id put a significant amount of money on the Colts winning a playoff game before us starting today.
    That's why we have to draft a QB either in the first or second. Moore will be the starter for 2012 no matter what unless we get Alex which I doubt. I don't believe tanking our season and losing most of our good players for Barkley is a good idea. It's not good for the team and our new coach. Plus I'm not totally sold on Barkley. I want our team to win and I want Philbin to succeed. Granted the current situation isn't promising.
    Quote Quote  

5. -305
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think at this point, the best case scenario for us is to have Trent Richardson fall to us and Cincy really wanting him (because they didn't get Michael Bush) and then us trading back with them. Trading back we take Weeden who could (in theory) compete immediately with Moore. Any other QB we would have available to us in the draft other than Weeden wouldn't compete with Moore this season. This draft is deep at WR so a good one that fits Philbin's scheme could be had in the second or third.

Sounds like Bell is getting cut. I understand the move, but I still don't like seeing a fellow Kentuckian go.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

6. -306
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm calling it now, we are targeting Weeden in round 2, or maybe after trading back up into the first for him. We have been linked way too much to Tannehill, and we haven't even had a mention of Weeden. I'm betting we are going Floyd or Decastro in round 1, and then grabbing Weeden with our next pick...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -307
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm calling it now, we are targeting Weeden in round 2, or maybe after trading back up into the first for him. We have been linked way too much to Tannehill, and we haven't even had a mention of Weeden. I'm betting we are going Floyd or Decastro in round 1, and then grabbing Weeden with our next pick...
    We would have to worry about someone trading up above us in round 2 and snatching him. I'm not sold that we're taking a WR in the first 2 rounds. I really think one of those first two picks have to be a pass rusher.
    Quote Quote  

8. -308

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    We would have to worry about someone trading up above us in round 2 and snatching him. I'm not sold that we're taking a WR in the first 2 rounds. I really think one of those first two picks have to be a pass rusher.
    I just think that with a glaring hole at WR, and a guy as talented as Floyd sitting there, it'll be tough to pass up. If they don't pick Floyd, then I would agree, we won't see a WR until round 3 at the earliest. I just can't shake the feeling we are going either QB - WR or WR - QB with the first 2 picks...
    Quote Quote  

9. -309

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey guys, shameless plug here.

http://www.finheaven.com/show...-%285%29-JCane

If you could take a quick second to follow this link and vote for me in March Madness, it would be much appreciated. It's a close race with JCane at the moment. Much appreciated my friends...
    Quote Quote  

10. -310
    8/31/14 Never Forget

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey guys, shameless plug here.

http://www.finheaven.com/show...-%285%29-JCane

If you could take a quick second to follow this link and vote for me in March Madness, it would be much appreciated. It's a close race with JCane at the moment. Much appreciated my friends...
    Though Jcanes posts amuse me, your posts have far less Kanye West in them. Secured my vote.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote