Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -311
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok how many of you non-Miami residents are going to be able to catch the Fins live somewhere? Individual game Bengals tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10 AM. I'm going to snag me some and make the hour long trek up to Cincy on Oct. 7th. I guess I could see Fins - Colts too but can't really spend the money. We have a contract on our current house and are building a new one. The new one is a bit pricey.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -312
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Ok how many of you non-Miami residents are going to be able to catch the Fins live somewhere? Individual game Bengals tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10 AM. I'm going to snag me some and make the hour long trek up to Cincy on Oct. 7th. I guess I could see Fins - Colts too but can't really spend the money. We have a contract on our current house and are building a new one. The new one is a bit pricey.
    Congrats Lou.

The wife and I have an offer on a bigger house ourselves. The current one is too small for our liking, and eventually we'd like to start a family. I bought it back when I was a single college kid, so it's in the university area and not really equipped for long-term living. It's going to suck going from having no mortgage to having one, but I think it'll be worth it...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -313
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Congrats Lou.

The wife and I have an offer on a bigger house ourselves. The current one is too small for our liking, and eventually we'd like to start a family. I bought it back when I was a single college kid, so it's in the university area and not really equipped for long-term living. It's going to suck going from having no mortgage to having one, but I think it'll be worth it...
    Locke is getting old HAHAHA!!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

4. -314
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Locke is getting old HAHAHA!!!!!
    We all are. Check this out...

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2...aand-were-old/
    Quote Quote  

5. -315
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ill be back in the states for school in September so Im figuring Ill make a game or two. Not sure which ones yet.

Quote Quote  

6. -316
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congrats Lou.

Thanks.

Can't wait for you to sign your first mortgage. You sign you name so much you get cramps. You literally sign your life away.

We were blessed, our house was on the market for only 12 days. That bad thing now is we've got to live in an apartment for 6 months as the new house won't be ready until late December or early January. The new house is in the county just northeast of Jefferson County (Louisville metro) and has a much better school system and is generally more affluent. Per capita, it's one of, if not, the richest counties in Kentucky. The new house is pricey but not outrageous (under $240K), 2100 sq ft with a 1500 sq ft unfinished basement. Yes, you can say "man cave".

Here's a link to photos of the builder's model home. It's actually the same model we got as well, ranch with a loft. The only difference is since the one in the pictures is a model, it's upgraded out the wahzoo. We got some upgrades, but not nearly as many as the model home. Plus our development isn't Brookfield, it's Celebration Park.

http://www.brightonhomesusa.com/broo...nt/photos.html
    Quote Quote  

7. -317
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I saw that. Meth is one hell of a drug.
    Quote Quote  

8. -318
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks.

Can't wait for you to sign your first mortgage. You sign you name so much you get cramps. You literally sign your life away.

We were blessed, our house was on the market for only 12 days. That bad thing now is we've got to live in an apartment for 6 months as the new house won't be ready until late December or early January. The new house is in the county just northeast of Jefferson County (Louisville metro) and has a much better school system and is generally more affluent. Per capita, it's one of, if not, the richest counties in Kentucky. The new house is pricey but not outrageous (under $240K), 2100 sq ft with a 1500 sq ft unfinished basement. Yes, you can say "man cave".

Here's a link to photos of the builder's model home. It's actually the same model we got as well, ranch with a loft. The only difference is since the one in the pictures is a model, it's upgraded out the wahzoo. We got some upgrades, but not nearly as many as the model home. Plus our development isn't Brookfield, it's Celebration Park.

http://www.brightonhomesusa.com/broo...nt/photos.html
    Good work Lou. Something special about owning your on home. You can do whatever you want to the place. My wife and I got real lucky with the house we live in. We know the owners and they hooked us up with a beautiful house that we're paying on directly to them. No bank involved which is awesome.
    Quote Quote  

9. -319
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Good work Lou. Something special about owning your on home. You can do whatever you want to the place. My wife and I got real lucky with the house we live in. We know the owners and they hooked us up with a beautiful house that we're paying on directly to them. No bank involved which is awesome.
    That's a unique way of doing it. What legal safeguards do you have in place with them?
    Quote Quote  

10. -320
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a unique way of doing it. What legal safeguards do you have in place with them?
    It's more like a lease option to buy with a contract. We put money down and a certain % of our "rent" goes toward the principle of the house. We agreed on a price. Basically keep paying on it until we pay it off which should be about 17 years or so. No bank involved just the contract between us and the owners who are great friends with us. The house is still "technically" there's until we reach a certain point on the principle. Which actually works out great for us because if something breaks they still have to fix it.
    Quote Quote