Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -321
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    It's more like a lease option to buy with a contract. We put money down and a certain % of our "rent" goes toward the principle of the house. We agreed on a price. Basically keep paying on it until we pay it off which should be about 17 years or so. No bank involved just the contract between us and the owners who are great friends with us. The house is still "technically" there's until we reach a certain point on the principle. Which actually works out great for us because if something breaks they still have to fix it.
    That's a cool way of getting around interest. Man I hate interest.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -322
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm probably alone on this, but I don't care that Chad headbutted his wife, I don't care that Brandon Marshall got stabbed by his, I don't care if Tyrann Mathieu smokes weed.. I just want to see the best athletes on the field. I don't need to "like" them to want to see them play. If they commit a crime, let the American Criminal Justice System take care of it, and if they aren't in prison, let them play. Forget all this politically correct crap, people are too sensitive. Let's as a society stop pretending like the NFL is a great source of role-models. It's a blood-sport that maims your body and damages your mind; why not take it at face-value & just enjoy it for the gladiator sport it really is?

I understand why they do it, if you want to have the most amount of people like your product, you have to offend the least amount of people. I just think it's a shame that so many people care what these athletes do/say off the field/court/rink/what have you; stop romanticizing & pedestalizing the athletes.

Am I wrong on this?
    Quote Quote  

3. -323
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I mean, people make a big deal about Chad's cursing, but Dana White, the president of the UFC, curses like a sailor & personally I really like that about him. He's not trying to be like all these other commissioners with sticks up their but. All the fighters feel a lot more comfortable talking to the camera & it really does make for better media coverage than all these Bill Belichick-esque vanilla "we did our best" type answers most athletes force out of their mouths

Tell me which model is more entertaining... I really hope Dana doesn't change when the UFC starts getting even bigger here in the U.S.
    Quote Quote  

4. -324
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok now that Johnson is gone, which WRs make this team?

Is it?:

Bess
    Hartline
    Gates
    Naanee
    Hogan or Wallace?
    Quote Quote  

5. -325
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm on the Hogan bandwagon at the moment. I hope he makes the team.

As for Johnson, I don't care about words. Getting arrested? I don't know to be honest. I can say I'm fine with releasing Johnson due to the arrest because he has other issues. He could turn into a problem in the club house and he seemed to be dropping a lot of passes.

If I ask myself would I want to release Jake Long if he got arrested... I can't give myself an answer.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

6. -326
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think I'm going to end up prying my eyes out with a red hot poker watching the team this season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -327
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still have a little hope for the season, i don't think we are going to contend for a playoff spot or anything, i just hope we will start to show improvement at some point, and KNOW Tannehill is the guy by the end of the season.

I have hope for our coaching staff, not as much for our personnel people, and have a new favorite player on offense. Cam Wake has been my favorite player for a few years, but i really like our new fb Javorskie Lane, that kid is something. They have a thread in the main forum on him with some highlights in it from college. In one of them he knocks the same player on his azz twice in the same play.

So here's hoping we can have a decent season, who knows, these guys may surprise us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -328
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I still have a little hope for the season, i don't think we are going to contend for a playoff spot or anything, i just hope we will start to show improvement at some point, and KNOW Tannehill is the guy by the end of the season.

I have hope for our coaching staff, not as much for our personnel people, and have a new favorite player on offense. Cam Wake has been my favorite player for a few years, but i really like our new fb Javorskie Lane, that kid is something. They have a thread in the main forum on him with some highlights in it from college. In one of them he knocks the same player on his azz twice in the same play.

So here's hoping we can have a decent season, who knows, these guys may surprise us.
    I know better than to count any team out. This forum sounds identical to 2008 before the season started, all whining, doom and gloom, throwing in the towel, etc. If Tannehill plays well and keeps turnovers to a minimum, our defense should be good enough to keep us in every game we play. A few lucky bounces, and this team is 8-8 or 9-7. I certainly don't expect playoffs or a division championship, but I also don't expect a 3 or 4 win season. People are too dramatic in the main forum...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -329
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -330
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good win. Going into halftime I wasn't feeling it at all. Second half was Awesome!!!! Still have plenty of problems. The o-line was breaking down very often. Props to Tannehill for dealing with that o-line protection. Even Marino in his prime would struggle with this o-line and receivers. Bush is a beast and needs to be signed a dolphin for life. Now let's beat the jets and go 2-1!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote