Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -51
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should bring in both FA's peyton Manning and Tom Brady to at least have a look at them. Maybe sign them both and have an open competion in camp
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    I think we should bring in both FA's peyton Manning and Tom Brady to at least have a look at them. Maybe sign them both and have an open competion in camp
    Tom Brady? Never!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Is he really worth our entire draft? I have never seen him play.

It was only slightly sarcastic. We already have no second rounder. So yeah, Luck is worth our 1st and 3rd-7th. No question. If you don't know who he is, look him up on youtube. Andrew Luck QB for Stanford. He automatically makes us exponentially better. 6'4" 235 pounds. Total package. Best QB to come out for quite awhile, IMO.

Edit: Want to see something unbelievable? Watch this clip of Luck destroy the USC CB after his RB fumbles.....PRICELESS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I
    Last edited by FinFan 13; 11-22-2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    Vick isn't leaving Philly.

/Vick discussion...
    True. They would be fools to let him go now. especially if they win the SB this year...which is a real possibility.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    True. They would be fools to let him go now. especially if they win the SB this year...which is a real possibility.
    They have as good a shot to get to the 'Bowl as anyone in the NFC. Vick has shown he is way better than Kolb. He'll get a VERY large extension soon.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It could happen. The Ravens cut Dilfer after winning a SB with him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could see Reid letting Vick become a FA, assuming they don't win the super bowl and Vick doesn't continue to put up inhuman numbers. Eventually he has to throw a pick....

Can you see Reid offering Vick $100 mil after 13 games? You know someone will do it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    I could see Reid letting Vick become a FA, assuming they don't win the super bowl and Vick doesn't continue to put up inhuman numbers. Eventually he has to throw a pick....

Can you see Reid offering Vick $100 mil after 13 games? You know someone will do it.
    I think the Eagles almost have to. Can you imagine the backlash that FO would receive if they let Vick walk after the kind of year he has been having? Vick is probably going to get top 5 QB money, but that isnt too bad a price to pay considering how good he has been. And look at the Eagles...they are in prime position to make 4 or 5 SB runs. They have Jackson, Maclin and McCoy in their primes, Vick better than he has ever been, a competent coaching staff, and a good enough defense. I can definitely see a dominant run happening.

Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    I disagree. I'd pull a Ditka and trade our entire draft for Luck. That kid is gonna be a star in the NFL. Then I'd spend mega bucks to get Mankins from NE. Boom problems solved. Mankins and Long on the left side, Berger( who despite all the idiots, has been one of the better C in the league this year) at C, Jerry/Incognito/Garner( whoever is best, my money would be on Garner) at RG and Carey or a good FA pick-up at RT. We have a good enough defense. We just need an explosive O. That line would dominate for years. Of course that would all be moot if Henning isn't fired...

I am still a Henne supporter. I think Henning could ruin Marino if he was his OC, so I want to give Henne time under a "real" OC. Barring that. I would throw the kitchen sink at drafting Luck.
    Your plan still doesn't help our over all lack of team speed.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I think the Eagles almost have to. Can you imagine the backlash that FO would receive if they let Vick walk after the kind of year he has been having? Vick is probably going to get top 5 QB money, but that isnt too bad a price to pay considering how good he has been. And look at the Eagles...they are in prime position to make 4 or 5 SB runs. They have Jackson, Maclin and McCoy in their primes, Vick better than he has ever been, a competent coaching staff, and a good enough defense. I can definitely see a dominant run happening.
    Success is fleeting in the NFL. They do seem to have a lot of things going for them, and I can't pretend to know how this is going to play out.

But Reid is stubborn as hell, and he does not like being told what to do. McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins, Trotter, Owens.......hes dumped some very good and very popular players. Philli rarely overpays, even when they probably should have with guys like Dawkins and Trotter.

I know this is different, and right now Vick is arguably the best QB in the game. Still, you have to believe Philadelphia would approach this in a prudent manner, taking into account Vick's injury history, style of play, and past transgressions, and offer him a 3-4 yr incentive laden deal. Then Al Davis or Snyder swoops in and offers 50 mil guaranteed.....
    Quote Quote